The 3 Duck's Trading System

Well my gbpnzd duck retraced and escape just at be. A pity. But my ducks on eurjpy and usdmxn are quacking strong! Soon i will be able to lock some profit on them.

Hi guys. Good morning.
I have a problem with this system. If any body can answer my question please help me.
My problem is this that when we go to an new day for trade and ( for example ) we see that first Duck is above the 60 sma ( H 4 ) and second Duck ( H 1 ) is above too. and then we go to third Duck ( M 5 ) and the price is playing ( up or down ) when we start to put our buy entry.? which session of chart.? Assian.? London or New York.?

Hi guys. I attached a trade in yesterday of Gbp / Usd.
My question is this. when we want analyse a chart in a new day we have to start it from what time.?
In these pictures we have these :

1. first Duck is down of 60 sma . so the first Duck is ok.
  2. second Duck is down of 60 sma too. so the second Duck is ok.
  3. Third Duck at the start of the day goes to down ( Assian session ) . so if we go to short at this time we will go to Loss about 60 pips. If we go to short in London session we can earn about 25 pips.
    I have problem with this.
    I wish i can explain it to you well guys.
    I have an other problems that i will explain it to you Later:8:

My another question is this.
when price is corossing 60 sma in first Duck ( H 4 ) we have wait price close under 60 sma and all the candle close under the 60 sma.? or it is not necessary we wait and we go to second Duck and see it is in same way or no it is fail.?

Excuse me guys that i ask a lot. ( when i start a new trade so many questions goes to my brain.:21: ).

Best Regards.
Behroz

Have you read this whole thread & the e-book behroz? because the answers to your questions are contained within both.

The gbp/usd attracts the highest volumes & trading activity during the European & New York trading hours, which is mentioned numerous times on here, so it stands to reason the better opportunities are probably going to reveal themselves during those hours.

If you’re really inspired to short the British Pound why not short it via the Euro (long eur/gbp)?
Once again, look for the pairs that are offering the clearer, smoother price action & trade those in preference to the choppier, more volatile ones.

Just look at the 4, 1 & 5min charts of eur/gbp & compare them to the gbp/usd. Which would you rather short the British Pound on?

Thank you so much Mr Volan. It was nice answer to me.

Andy:
How can I best find out about your set and forget 24 hour system. You might recall that I said I could not take your one on one course using voice because I am deaf. Thought maybe you have come up with a way that would work.
I really like your regular system and have done very well with it.

Very kind regards

Hi Captain! I can help you with Spanish subtitles :slight_smile:

Something happened on BoJ that caused yen to rally and bring down xxx/jpy pairs. I think that eurgbp pair is still on track to be a good long trade with ducks almost lined up (I only miss 5m that is just below).

What I don’t understand is why eur is up and gbp is down, if they are used to be correlated, but that can change, I think.

I have gbpusd lined up for a short shot to the ducks if the price break below to 1.5837.
Also nzdjpy is lining up for a long shot if the price break above 75.47

I too am in on the GBP/USD when price broke 1.584. Nice start for my first 3 Ducks trade!

I’m also in on long eurgbp. So far both of them are in small profits, but they are not winners yet.

I don’t know but I feel confident trading with the ducks. I don’t feel fear of pressing the trade button, and also I don’t feel fear to exit the trade early. This is a new feeling to me hehehehe.

Hey guys.
Today was bank holiday in U.s . so today we didn,t have a strong market but this is my result base on 3 Ducks.

1. Gbp/Usd Short +20 pips ( If we do trailing stop we could get more than 50 pips )
  2. Eur/Gbp Long +20 pips
  3. Gbp/Chf Short +20 pips ( If we do trailing stop we could get about 70 pips )

Good Pips Guys

Hi behroz.
You mention trailing stops. It depends how much you trail by.
What are your trailing stops. Do you vary them?

Wayneg, a good method of trailing stops are moving the stops to last support (in an uptrend) less some pips, like 2 times the spread.

So the price can retrace up to the level of the last support, and test it, and if the price stalls on the support, the trade can stay open. If the price penetrate the support, then maybe the trend is finished and you exit your trade at good level.

Another common way to do trailing stop is 2 times the ATR. In 3 ducks it should be 2 times the 4H ATR. But I think is better the method of last support.

I forgot to tell you that if you are trailing your stops, and the stop place is in a better point than Break Even, then you can start adding to winners and, in words of the Captain Currency, become a “Brilliant Trader” (page 9 of the ebook)

Thanks Medisoft.

I understood everything except ATR.
What’s this?

You should check the school of pipsology here in babypips. There it explains about ATR. This are some links you can check and learn more about it.
Ways to Measure Volatility | Trading Breakouts and Fakeouts | Learn Forex Trading
Average True Range (ATR) Definition | Investopedia
Metatrader ATR Settings - A Simple ATR Trading System

In this case I did without the TF-M5. I looked for the highest high in the range und set my pending order above.

Order triggered.