The 3 Duck's Trading System

Is the SMA to be applied to the open or close when setting the parameters?

Hi every body.
Salty :
when you want trade on eur pairs it is better you wait that London market open and after that you look for good situations. I had problem with this too. but Mr Andy and other freinds ( medisoft andā€¦) helped me that i solve it. this is my idea that i don,t trade before London open but maybe others want trade before it. here is picture of today,s eur usd that i don,t entered beacuse after London opened it moved too Long from 60 sma and u can see if i entered i will go to Loss or if i was Lucky it did not open for my long position.
again i have to say this is my opinion for this pair. perhaps others have other idea that is match for himself.

My result for today.

1: Gbp Usd +20 pips
2. Gbp Jpy + 20 pips ( if trailing stop more than 150 pips)
3. Gbp Chf +20 pips ( if trailing stop about 40 pips)

( I don,t trade with pairs that have small movement per a day. about 90 pips Less. and this my another opinion for trade. small movement = small profit ). for example i don,t trade Nzd usd or Eur Gbp .

Today Result :

1. Gbp Usd short after going to +10 pips price returned and Stop Loss hitted so -40pips
  2. Gbp Jpy short +20 pips
  3. Eur Jpy short +20 pips
  4. Usd Jpy short +20 pips
  5. Gbp Chf short -40 pips
    Totaly -20 pips. Loss is a part of this market. we can not get profit every day and every trade but we can a way to better it. I am working on it.

Good days and pips Guys
Behroz

great results

Not sure when you put your trades on but their were a couple of announcements affecting GBP at 10.30 today which may have affected your results.
That aside 5 trades on at once seems a lot to me and 2 losses wiping out all the profit doesnā€™t seem good.

@behroz

Hi behroz,

youā€™re right. But I have a job and that is the reason because IĀ“m not able to wait for London market open. My approach is set and forget. Sometimes I have the opportunity to pursue the trade and to trail the stop.
I work on it only once a day to trade. 20-30 minutes in the morning.

IĀ“m a lazy trader:13:

as this morning I looked, USDJPY began to rise. I jumped up in time.

Nice Trend in TF-H4

Entry as in chartbook

Stop trailed to last swing low in TF-M5 - Freetrade now! :32:

Opportunities are sparse at the moment salty with many of the pairs chopping around in directionless trade.
EUR/AUD is another nice trade today. It broke up earlier this morning during the asian session above yesterdays high at 1.2650 & pulled back before pushing on through this weeks high at 1.2680.

The 4 hour duck has been supporting price all week, so was a good candidate to keep tabs on.

Iā€™m trading CADJPY in the same direction as you. It is correlated with USDJPY :slight_smile: but has bigger moves.

Nevertheless it is showing clearer trend and started before, so good hunted!

Hello, anyone looking at GU today? A nice resistance in 1.5814 in 1H chart. Waiting for 5m to trigger. Am I doing it right?

BTW Iā€™m still new at this strategy, but its quite easy to understands.

Are you looking to short or buy the pair?

I donā€™t like it for a buy but also think it is chopping a lot and maybe there are better opportunities like gbpjpy, that is uptrending pretty nice.

Iā€™m looking for short. I just want to clarify with you on how you look at the chart in GpbJpy, did you girt look in the 4H chart and wait for it to bounce from support at 138.95 until it passed the SMA? Then only look into 5M for trigger entry? It would be better if you can provide pic. Thanks

i use the 3 ducks rules.

first check 4h trend, confirm on 1h and look for enty on 5m.

Hey guys. Today was a good day for trade on 3 Ducks.
Eur Usd Long +70 pips
Eur Jpy Long +100 pips
Eur Gbp Long +30 pips
Eur Cad Long +40 pips ( or up to +150 pips )
Gbp Usd Short +20 pips
Gbp Jpy Long +40 pips ( or up to +130 pips )
Gbp Chf Short +50 pips
Usd Jpy Long +30 pips

Totaly + 380 pips in one day . Happy weekend Boys and Girls

Iā€™m very pleased hunting the ducks with eurgbp :slight_smile: but I see eurjpy and eurusd in range tradingā€¦ what is the market waiting? Could it be the job reports this Friday? good report can cause stronger dollar and can stop the uptrend of the euro, isnā€™t it?

Hi guys.
Mr captain and my freind medisoft please help me to solve my problem.

I have problem with entry yet. I am getting so crazy about this.

which.? where.? when.? oh my god. :30:
My problem is this : How we can filter our entry.? ( from bad signals.?)

Was this eur/usd from today behroz?
If so I wasnt too keen on the slope of the sma on 4 hour(at least on my charts) yes price is above but the slpe is not at a great angle and appears to be flattening out so personally I wouldnt have went any further.