The 3 Duck's Trading System

Hi Tony,

LOL - glad to see the ducks are working for you!

Kind Regards,

Captain Currency

:)Hello cap how’s it going! I am messing around a little bit with your system.I have one question for you.What do I do with the stop loss?You said about 25 pips awawy from you b/e Is this where you usaully put yours.I know everyones risk tolerance is different but is that about the right area for the average risk taker?Am I making sense?O’well hope to hear from you…

Hello Jlmac,

Stop-losses, targets etc - this is where you make the system your own, all depends what type of a trader you are - day - swing - positional YOU DECIDE!

Kind Regards,

Captain Currency.

Just wanted to emphasise the Captains comments. The beauty of this strategy is that you can take the principles of it, look at the way you generaly trade and see if it fits into your overall view of the market. For instance I like trading the european open (notice all my previous examples related to that time although there were also entries on the JY crosses yesterday in the Asian session) and will be flexible with trailing techniques and will set profit targets in line with previous supply areas or fib extensions. I also like to have confirmation from other pairs. In other words if I am contemplating a GU trade and GY is breaking out in the same direction then I am getting confirmation that the mover is the pound. Hence you can really make this a strategy that is unique to you and I think this is the best way to use it rather than have a mechanical one size fits all approach. If you carefully read the Captains posts you will see that this is what he is recommending

This entry on GU this pm satisfies the 3 ducks, break below the Asian low and break of the significant round number. It is shouting ‘sell me’. Out first half at 1R now looking to see how far we might get. Unlike last night I dont see any major levels in our way for now. Also it is friday and my observation is that if the market starts to trend it can last a while as medium term traders look to square their positions ahead of the weekend. My stop is at breakeven and I will use peak/troughs for the trail (assuming some form)

Hello Tony,

Great trading - solid as a rock!

Kind Regards,

Captain Currency.

Hello Traders,

A set-up on the Ducks worth looking at?

Where did Captain Currency go? :confused:

Still Here :o

Hello Traders,

Look how clean and clear the Aussie been!!

Thanks for the system Captain I’ve truly been enjoying it.

Hello,

Glad you are enjoying the 3 Ducks and hopefully you are making some profits from it too!

Kind regards,

Captain Currency

The bird flu virus found at a poultry farm is the deadly H5N1 strain, U.K. officials confirmed today.

The source of the infection at the farm, home to 5,000 turkeys, more than 1,000 ducks :eek: and almost 500 geese, is under investigation, the Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs said today at a press conference broadcast on the BBC.

(Bloomberg)

Hello Traders,

The 3 Duck’s Trading System ebook will be out shortley, if you would like a free copy send me an e-mail <[email protected]> subject: ebook

Kind Regards,

Captain Currency

Hi Y’all-
I’m an extreme novice to 4X and just getting ready to move into the market with real dollars in Jan. Anyway I’ve been following James IB system and trying to "play trade " it “by the book” for a few months. So I stumbled on to something that must have a correlation to the three ducks. Maybe the coincidence is price action a la Tess. Here’s what I noticed. When using three time frames 1 Hr., 15m., 5m., I’ve taken to waiting for the Stochs ( Slow 8.3) on all three charts to synchronize . In other words I wait for the stochs to all go into over bought territory and crest together on a sell and for all three to enter oversold and turn upward on a buy. Then I look for the rest of James signs to enter. However I did have good luck trading these indicators off of big numbers with the trend. Now these technical indicators are pretty much just abstractions to me, so maybe this would be an obvious observation to an experienced technical trader. It seems to have a higher possibility of success than other things I’ve been doing such as trading the Stoch “hook” on a shorter frame. Can anyone verify what this means??
Happy Holidays and New Year,
Kerry

Hello all,

I’ve just closed my last trade for 2007 and it has made me 50 pips for a 20 pip risk. It was a 3 Duck’s Trading System setup. All my Ducks where lined up in the same direction so I was only interested in buying EUR.USD this morning, a break of yesterdays high seemed like a good spot to get involved and the round number at 1.4700 seemed like an obvious target. The position never really got into trouble and my fixed 20 pip stop-loss did the trick!

Another currency pair that is obeying The 3 Duck’s rules is the AUD.USD. All your ducks where lined up this morning on the Aussie for a BUY.

Happy New Year,

Andy.

I have been back testing it and it seems to show good profit and simple to use.
I dont want to have to check trades all day long so i am trying it on longer time frame.
I have been closing trade on cross back over the 60 SMA on the lowest time frame. ( 1 hour )
Have you experimented with longer time frames.
Good job and thankyou Captain.
I will keep post as I try new things and find out the results.

it seems to be a good solid strategy.
im testing it out and trying different time frames and stop losses.
Captain you still here.
I am looking for more input to keep your strategy going.
Seems simple and a winning strategy.
Hope to here from you all, about what you think of it

all candles were above the 60 sma and 30 sma on all time periods from monthly to 5 minute and PSAR indicator was also showing all buy signals on every time period.
So i will just have to wait and see what happens.
opened trade at .7481 and put stop at .7415

Hello kauaibobby,

30 sma?? Monthly timeframes??

Yes, EUR.GBP, I would prefer to be buying too, but its not a pair I trade a lot using The 3 Duck’s Trading System :wink:

Kind regards,

Captain Currency