The 3 Duck's Trading System

Thank you!

i moved to a real account, and stopped trading on demo :slight_smile:

Are we able to follow your real account? I understand if this isnā€™t something you want to do.

Kind Regards,

Dan

It is not possible right now, because I use various strategies there. Once I feel comfortable with duck hunting on real account Iā€™m going to move to a bigger real account and use this trading method on it as the only method.

Is your 12 chart setup a Profile or a template? And can you click on an individual chart so that it becomes full size? It appears to be a fast way to scan for potentials.

Itā€™s both dobro, first I set-up the two moving averages and saved it as a template. Then opened the pairs I wanted to watch, applied the template and saved it all as a profile.

And yeah, click on an individual chart for full frame.

Thank you d-pip.

I have shorted the eur/aud @ 1.2931, sl @ 1.2942, tp @ 1.2918.

Iā€™m long the aud/cad @ 1.0432, sl @ 1.0400, tp @ 1.0473 - I have set this up on the 4H TF for better R/R, not sure if that is the right thing to do but Iā€™m willing to try. Off to bed now.

I also shorted it @ 1.2917, sl 1.2951 tp 1.2749

Nice way to wake up in the mornings - heck, ,in 3 weeks Iā€™ll be 75 so itā€™s just plain nice to wake up period. Both TPs hit and there would have been more +pips if I had set an audible alert but a good nightā€™s sleep is ok too. I got back 1% of lost equity, hope to keep the ball rolling. I hope the Asian/London was good to all of you, d.

edit: good analysis d-pip, you should make some monster pips here.

what does everyone thinks about the Aud/Usd pair for long =) ducks for 4hr and 1hr in place

Iā€™m just trying to get my head round this methodology a bit and adapting my system (as it stands) to incorporate but the support turned resistance @ 1.0366 would worry me about taking a long.

Love to hear others opinions though.

I have an audible alert set at 1.03495, I would feel comfortable getting in at that price.

Donā€™t like for a long. The sma is pointing down both in 4h and 1h.

Tough call.

AUD/USD meets the 3-duck rules butā€¦. maybe this is when traderā€™s discretion comes into play.

On one hand the break above the 60ma on the 4-hour could be the start of a new up trend and a great entry.

On the other hand, the 60ma is still angled down indicating the pair has been on a strong downtrend. And perhaps the higher probability trade would be to wait for the price to fall below the 60ma and go short.

So, six of one, half a dozen of the other?

Because I trade like an old conservative fart and place a lot of emphasis on the angle of the 60ma Iā€™d be waiting for a short signal. But on the other hand, I have to admit Iā€™ve missed some nice trades playing the old fart. :smiley:

PS Who said this was easy?

Question is of course do the nice trades youā€™ve missed outweigh all the pips you have saved by not getting in on a change in trend that turned out to be just a pullback or a consolidation?

I was going to try to post my 1st chart for the gbp/usd but my alert went off and before I could move my TP I was out for +27 pips following on the 5M TF. Iā€™ll take it. Now my aud/usdbuy stop was hit and Iā€™m in at1.0349, following this one on the 1H TF.

Iā€™m long on audcad, eurchf, eurgbp, nzdchf, nzdusd, usdchf and usdjpy
Short on euraud, gbpaud, gbpchf

So it seems that the pound is weak, the aussie is strong, the same as the kiwi.

On eurgbp and nzdchf I placed trades for long term and short term.

My short term trades aim to get 2.5 times the risk, while the long term trades follow the big picture trend trailing the stops until the stop gets me out.

So far the best right now is audcad with +81 pips and about +65 pips locked.

I want to suggest this template for easy view and working :slight_smile:

Learning to kick myself in the butt; My aud/usd buy stop @ 1.0349 was hit and I set a TP of 1.0367. It staid negative for an hour & I had lunch plans so I closed it at minus .64 cts. I donā€™t like to leave with 5M or 1H trades open, just my preference. So I get back just a few minutes ago and my TP was almost hit. Have to trust my judgement more.

medisoft - I like your template suggestion, thanks.