The 3 Duck's Trading System

Hi. My trades and results :
Eur/Usd in range . Eur/Jpy in range and other in below pictures :
Good pips

You are doing quite well with 3 Ducks, congrats.

Medisoft,

Still a newbie but I like this template for the viewing aspect. Do you trade off this 1hr chart or then move to the 5min?

I move to 5m to entries. This chart is only for fast view.

Hello

I have read this thread and just practiced by myself. Today I made my first live trade.

I hope the charts show you what I have done…I am very happy. I know I have a lot to learn and many rivers to cross, but my journey has begun Thank you all :60:

GJ = 33 pips

Edit: I see now that I have made the exit too soon. I am still happy though because profit is still profit, no?

The chart shows perfectly what you’ve done.
That’s a great first live trade. You have a very acceptable risk/reward ratio, you located a sensible exit area (yesterday’s low - a very common reaction level) & you’ve even recognised the potential for more profit.

If you keep setting up your trades with this type of planning in mind you’ll gain plenty of confidence & competence in no time.

If more newbies took this an example of how to approach their work there would be far less anxiety & drama on this forum.
Great trade, well done Emiko :slight_smile:

Since we have more and more experienced traders here and also newbies like me planning on making this strategy work for themselves.

Do we want to set up a skype group so we can share our views on set up’s?

What i see, is that this system works on any pair! any some may not have the time to monitor all. A skype group will beneficial for sure but charts, trading examples & executions can still be discuss on this forum.

Is anyone up for it? If there are enough participants, we can get a skype group set-up.

Looking forward to the experienced traders views on this

1. You are risking an infraction for breaking forum rules about deliberately diverting members away to an off-forum site.
  2. A skype group isn’t needed. Everything can be openly discussed here, which is the point of the forum.

Hi,
I’ve been reading from the start of the thread (I’m about halfway through) and took my first trades today at the start of the European session.
Short GBPUSD ended +80 pips
Long EURUSD ended -25 pips

Overall quite nice. could have done without the EUR loss, but I’m sure I’ll work out some filtering into my potential trades.
Losses are part of this business and if I finish the day with +50pips then I cant complain.

Hope everyone else hit some pips too!

medisoft - I altered your suggested template somewhat as I found 3 MAs on 1 chart a little busy for my old eyes. On the 1H I have a 240 & 60, on the 5M a 60. Works pretty good at least for me, making it my own as the Captain would say.

I am long usd/chf @.9230 & short the nzd/usd @.8372. The swissy I’m following on the 1H; the kiwi on the 5M.

edit: my kiwi SL was hit by 5 pipettes - swissy not so hot either but not stopped out (yet.)

Hi Mr ichwillpips.
Good for your gbp/usd but your eur/usd had not any trade for today because in H4 was under 60 sma after 8 A.M and untill 16 P.M price was uper than 60 sma. so it was cancel at all.
Regards

Hi 3 Ducks traders :
Situations and Results for today : Guys please pay attention that these results and pictures are about my view of market and may it be different of your view .
1 : Eur / Usd In H4 on 60 sma Line untill 16:00 P.M and in H1 above 60 sma so cancel trade for today.
2 : Eur / Jpy In H1 price is range. This is so important that if we have this one we don,t trade at all.
3 : Gbp / Jpy Short t.p hitted .
4 : Gbp / Usd Short t.p hitted .
5 : Gbp / Chf Short t.p hitted .
6 : Chf / Jpy In H1 price is range it is so important . No Trade.
7 : Nzd / Usd Short t.p hitted.

Continue of my past post :

Thanks for the notes, but I think I must have misunderstood something. When I entered the trade in the morning (London time) all 3 where above the 60 sma.

So why would one cancel the trade?

Thanks

I have waited all day for this to happen and my patience was worth it. 63 pips from eur/jpy. Now I have 2 trades and they both were successful :slight_smile:

Well done.
The opportunities of late are plentiful for the ducks. You could have picked any one of half a dozen pairs this week/today to lay your money down on.

Some excellent risk/reward plays out there to gobble up.
When the sun is shining that’s the time to make hay!

Went long on USDCAD @1.0191 this morning.
It’s not stopped out yet, but has now moved below the 5m sma. would most of you get out now or wait and see what will happen.
my stop is currently about 25 pips below the entry, at the last significant swing low.

Hi,
I have read the first 30 or so post and I did not see if the time of the candle close was a factor or consider. Some are New York close some are ET midnight and so on. Or maybe it does not come into play?
Thanks

roadrunner777,

No, the time of the candle close doesn’t make any difference. :wink:

Hi all guys. I hope you had and have good trades and good pips with 3 Duck,s or with out it. It,s not important the important is Learning new things and do it for our trades.
So my trades and result :
1 : Eur / Usd Short at 1.3250 t.p 1.3220 or open ( Result between 30 to 70 pips ) hitted.
2 : Eur / Jpy Short at 123.70 t.p 123.40 or open ( Result between 30 to 120 pips)hitted.
3 : Gbp / Jpy Short at 141.70 t.p 20 pip hitted.
4 : Eur / Cad Short at 1.3480 t.p 1.3460 or open ( Result between 30 to 50 pips ) hitted.
5 : Gbp / Usd in London session was Short but i did not go to trade because i had a important…
So it was NO TRADE for me today.
6 : Gbp / Chf look like Gbp/Usd. NO TRADE for me today.
7 : Chf / Jpy Short at 100.46 t.p 100.20 or open ( Result between 25 to 80 pips ) hitted.
8 : Nzd / Usd look like gbp/usd and gbp/chf. NO TRADE for me today.
9 : Aud / Cad in H4 above 60 sma and in H1 below 60 sma so NO TRADE for me.
10 : Usd / Jpy Short at 93.33 t.p 93.10 or open ( Result between 23 to 40 pips ) hitted.

I hope you be in great + pips.
Behroz.