The 3 Duck's Trading System

Hi ichwillpip unfortunatly your yesterday Eur/usd and today usd/cad was and is in Loss. It have an important notice that you don,t see it and don,t pay attention it. If you see my today,s trade you will see that i don,t trade on Gbp/usd & Gbp/chf & Nzd/usd so i had to go to trade on these pairs but i avoided them. Your yesterday trade on eur/usd Long was not powerly for buy and your usd/cad too.
If you see my avoided pairs for today you will see and understand them.
I hope you got it.

Hi guys, im new to this forum, and im trying out this 3 duck trading system.
Right now im following AUD/CAD, and can see that it has hit 2/3 ducks.

1. Above 4H 60SMA
  2. Under 1H 60SMA
  3. Above 15M 60SMA

Im thinking of placing an buy order if it hits 1.0460, and all ducks are good to go.
What do other more experienced users think of it, am I reading it correctly?

Hi moemar. Your analyze is good. Look like my past post. we don,t have trade this for today. Price is trying go to above 60 sma today on H1 T.f and your price ( 1.0460 ) is 61.8 fibonacci and it seems good but i recommend you that you wait price close above 60 sma and wait for tomorrow trade too. This is my opinion other guys can help you with other opinion and view.
Regards.

Yes, you’re interpreting the technical structure just fine.
Obviously the trigger timeframe described in the set up is the 5 minute, but in most cases that won’t make too much of a difference.

Thanks behroz, good to know im not reading it completly wrong then.
I will wait until tomorrow, and see how it goes, but it looks good in my eyes :slight_smile:

Yes, shadowline I’m currently using 5M timeframe, and have put in 60, 720 and 2880 SMA.
Is this okay, or would it be better to use another timeframe?

As long as you don’t start altering or fiddling around with the core components of the set up, you can arrange your template however you wish.
If you feel more comfortable constructing all 3 averages on one chart, then go for it.
The important thing is you’re able to confidently identify, plan for & execute the opportunities as they come into view.

Great to see this fantastic tread picking up again. Is anyone keeping a record of their trading stats using the 3 ducks? Anyone willing to share? I know the 3 ducks is only a framework so results will vary massively between traders, but still interesting to see how people are getting on. Especially the longer 3 Duck Pro’s out there!

hi behroz,

thank you for the great screenshots and the daily figures. could you explain a bit more, why you did not trade on the gbp and nzd pairs?I’ve checked and was no important news today.
You mentioned if price in a range avoid to trade, it is exist also if price in a range but not on the SMA line on the H1 timeframe?
thanks for the answer

Hey guys, just want to jump in and say hello! I have looked over and have read every single page from 1 to 96. Took a few days but it’s done! I also have looked over the ebook. I look forward to trying this out for a few months on a few pairs and sharing with you guys! Slap me on the hand if you see some issues and feel free to comment on what I share.

Hi freinds.
Keep this system simple and clear. All the things that you need is in Mr Andy,s E-book. Take it ; Read it ; Read it carefully and Practice so hard on Live chart and continue it. You will be master on it.
I am so sorry i can not say the ways of filtering bad trades here i a sorry. Just keep this simple and no other thing is needed.

Hope good pips for all of us.

Cable just had the 3 ducks get inline. I have a pending order set at 1.52330. Going to put my TP @ 1.5202 if it gets to that point. Just a scalp you could say. Just trying to get my 3 ducks hunting started. Goal is 75 pips a week so trades like this is what I will target. Comments or whatever welcome!

The only extra filters required over & above those included within the post on page 1, the e-book & the video releases are common sense & experience.
Experience will come as folks get more familiar with both the structure & how it interacts & flows with the market on a day-to-day basis.

For instance, it’s highly recommended that folks become very familiar with a pairs average daily & weekly range.
The main reason being if price has already travelled 70-80% of that daily range prior to entry there’s a big chance it will be due some sort of pullback before deciding to continue its journey.

That could be especially important if you’re planning an intraday visit to the market. Not so crucial for those seeking to roll their bets over into the next business day or planning an add-in to a core stake.

Time of day is another valid consideration.
Most of the majors & a good few of the crosses, especially the european ones attract the majority of their liquidity & volumes during the Frankfurt/London/New York business overlap sessions.
Sydney & Tokyo are usually quiet, low activity levels for most pairs outside of that regional business center & therefore are prone to tight, choppy periods of consolidation & directionless trade.

Asia is also renowned within the industry for going after stops, particularly if they’re anticipated to be lying a short distance from the day’s 22.00hrs interbank close.

Be very mindful of initiating continuation bets on a Friday after a relatively unbroken, aggressive move. Profit taking is a common practice towards end of week trade, especially as prices are encountering prior & very visible areas of resistance & support and/or large option barriers.

Entry criteria options have also been discussed within the thread.
Risk appetite & trade objectives will dictate how passive or aggressive a person is regards both entry & exit & Andy’s default entry recommendation is viewed as both standard & conservative, which is no bad thing for newcomers. But alternative options are available for those seeking spicier or slightly more aggressive entries into the market.

Once again, no-one is preventing anyone from loading up or adding any more layers of unnecessary confirmatory information to your charts, just present it in your own (journal) thread so that it leaves this one in its original format to be enjoyed & appreciated by newer & older participants.

Those who have lived on this forum for longet than I are more than well aware of how many threads/approaches have been totally ruined beyond repair due to newbies meddling with perfectly adequate technical set ups.

It takes just one person to begin suggesting something outside of the original format to start a domino effect. Before you know it, others pile in with more & more “filters” & it quickly goes to hell in a handbasket.

Open your own journal thread & invite others to discuss, debate & cogitate anything else that you would like to load up onto the original template.
If they’re interested, they’ll come.

Thank you.

I am trying to take it slowly and take the most perfect set up I can see. I have a lot of patience so I hope I will be able to post some good trades. I will post my bad ones too because I have much to learn. :slight_smile:

You’re welcome.
You’re also thinking along the right lines. Patience (& discipline) is one thing you’re going to need an awful lot of if you’re considering a long life in this game.

Don’t whatever you do undersetimate the power of that most valuable asset.
The wonderful thing about this type of approach is that you can afford to sit back & cherry pick.
Whatever conditions the market operates under you will always unearth opportunities trading this style.

Follow your own advice & take your time.
All the best to you.

Does anyone have advice/tips on using this system if you live in California? I live there and it’s extremely hard to trade the London (opens @ midnight for me) or even the New York (opens @ 5am for me) sessions. By the time I get home to check the charts I’ve missed out on great trades.

Any tips on set & forget trades I can set up before or maybe an hour into the London session opening?

Thanks all!

Or indeed for those of us who work during this period.

This was why I was looking for an alarm, I’ve been trying to trade/work this week, got a couple of pendings on that didn’t get hit but didn’t feel all that comfortable wihtout the ability to monitor.

D37945 & slipp3ryWhippit,

Salty, one of the thread’s regular contributors, seems to be successfully using the ducks methods with pending orders. I’d suggest you run back through the thread and study some of the clear and well documented examples of trade set-ups posted by Salty.

Start here! 301 Moved Permanently

Hi,

I don´t like trading on Friday. But at this chart picture I could not resist.

target reached at 1.0225.

nice weekend

salty

I didn’t have a very good week this week so I reread some posts and the ebook; my last trade yesterday I shorted the $/Y and had my biggest win with this excellent strategy. I wasn’t handling the previous high or low entry correctly and it cost me this past week until Thur. If anyone is having trouble then reread the thread and the ebook; pages 10, 11, & 12 in the ebook were especially helpful for me. If you’re having problems the answer is in the book, dig around and find it. Have a nice weekend all, I have a bunch of snow to dig out from under.