The 3 Duck's Trading System

I had a set and forget 3 ducks setup yesterday on usdjpy. As i mentioned earlier, to the pip it took out my stop loss and after that continued south where it would have easily hit my tp of 3xrisk. Such fine margins and i think one of the tricks that only come with experience is knowing where to set the stop in a different place to where everyone else has theirs (hopefully thats not taking the thread off topic)

It seems that there is a mid-week reversal, that falls on Wed…

I had heard this on other trading systems…

Thank You Medisoft

Pretty quiet out there. Need someone to scare those Ducks out of the rushes. :21:

I was wondering if anyone can provide guidelines on what date range should be visible on the 4hr chart. Is a month too much?

Agree, Had set a short (91.77) on USDJPY based on the our Ducks & set a very high SL(92.65) because apar from the Ducks,Daily charts where on the SELL side as well. Thought of carrying the short for some time. Surprised to find at morning that SL was triggered yest nite. Not happening - Ducks are angry. Loss of 95 pips :frowning:

Katman

Is that EUR/USD? I couldn’t quite make it out from the charts.

I am running into issues with being stopped out of trades to early. I do the set & forget method and can’t decide if I should be using a dynamic or fixed trailing stop. I was stopped out of 3 positive trades today.

One trade stopped me out at -2 pips! I need some advice on using stops on set & forget trades so I can let the trade run but still seal in profits. HELP!

I too had losses earlier this week with the set & forget style so I hope the Captain and others can give us some help.

-2 pips??? so your stop is only 2 pips?

If you are using that type of stop, then it is way to tight… as I understand, the set and forget entry should use 1h or 4h last swing low for stop and last swing high for entry. EURUSD, in 4H view should have at least 80 pips stop loss, possible more than 160 pips.

Don’t forget to adjust your lot size for the size of your stop loss.

Don’t set mechanical trailing stop (AKA, trailed done by a machine, you should move manually your stops once a day with the set&forget method, some traders recommend not to move them until you have a new higher low swing to put them in a solid support)

Reverse thing for sells.

Yes its E/U. I found it quite difficult to post chart that anyone could read.

If anyone knows a easy way to post charts on BP ?

Ive been struggling with set n forget as well but have been experimenting with lower targets and also reducing the likely amount of time a trade will be open once triggered. Not saying this is the only way but i figure this reduces the risk of news events turning the momentum in the short term.

No Medisoft my SL was 20 pips but I add a dynamic trailing stop to the trade to try and seal in profit.

Thank you for your feedback. Makes me a bit nervous to have such a large SL (80-160 pips) but I have no other way to trade the London/New York session than to use set & forget trades.

Perhaps a compromise might be useful. I have also noticed that a tight SL doesn’t give the trade room “to breathe”. I found increasing my SL (and TP to compensate) helped.

Are you trading micro lots?

Yes I am. Any suggestions like Medisoft and others have given are always welcome.

If those us of with $1k accounts are using micro lots, then proportionately with a $100 account you should be trading nano lots…then you can withstand those 100pip losses as 1% instead of 10%.