The 3 Duck's Trading System

What broker allows you to trade nano lots? Are ou trading nano lots? If there’s one out there my account could withstand 100 pip losses a little better.

Oanda let you trade units.

Liteforex allows nanolots where each pip is one cent.
IBFX also has mini accounts where you can trade as small as 1 cent per pip.

I think most retail brokers allow some type of account with 1 cent per pip :slight_smile:

I emailed Captain Currency for the One on One but he is not doing it anymore. He said he is doing a pdf or something like that. Whatever it is I’ll buy it. I wanted to take the course so I could take my trading to another level with the set and forget. These things are kind of hard to learn by yourself so a little help would be great.

Anyways, I’ve been trading the NY mornings and afternoons and some Assian, and even tough I didn’t put a set and forget I was able to follow some good rallies. It wasn’t necessary with the 3 ducks aligned, because I trade with the one hour and five minutes aligned, not the 4 hour. ([I]There are lots of great systems with those charts align on the same direction[/I])

The trades were like this: morning range, morning break out, afternoon range, afternoon break out, early assian range, early assian break out. Since the rallies were so powerful I grab a bunch of pips in a snap with each break out. The thing is that I didn’t set and forget because the trades where counter trades, retracements, etc… But I do think that if I follow this approach when the 3 ducks are align I would be able to set and forget without getting nervous.

I also risk less than normally in those trade. I trade like one lot per pair.

Voodoopips when did Captain Currency say he was selling his pdf since he is not doing the class anymore? I am interested in how much it cost to as I was going to take his one one one too…

Did not realize interest rate statements were coming out today (forgot to check my calendar) or I would not have traded. At any rate I did have a decent day trading. Don’t have time to put up pictures of entry/exits so I’ll just put up a summary:

Not a bad day for a newbie! :19:

D37945

I think that the Capt. is putting together a video course, which should be available the end of the month.

I requested the details about the 1 on 1 and I received an email saying that the advanced course is going to be recorded and that he will email the details, price and release day when he have more information.

Gotta love Cable if you’re a 3 Ducks trend trader! Sell, Sell, Sell is what the Ducks have been saying the last few weeks …

Sorry to disagree, but ducks don’t say sell, they only say quack quack :smiley:

I’m waiting very interested on the set&forget approach :slight_smile: I think that is the right way to trade! I myself found that looking at the 3 ducks, but placing my entries and stop on 1H high/lows render better results.

maje can you tell me how to calculate the sma for the same time frame?

I’m interested as well. I can’t wait for Captain Currency to provide more insight into his approach

Use this knowledge: Cross-multiplication - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And use the time frames in minutes. That is, M5 = 5 minutes, H1 = 60 minutes, H4 = 240 minutes :slight_smile:

EURUSD looking a bit better for me. Been sitting in the hide for a while but something might scare those ducks soon. :32:

I’m watching USD/JPY to see if the 0600 1h candle New York EST (1000 GMT) remains a higher low. I’m currently long after 3rd duck crossed 5m 60sma @ 0800 New York EST (1200 GMT). Sorry no chart. I haven’t tried posting charts yet.

Here goes my 1st attempt to upload charts (actually 4th attempt babypips keeps responding with an error cause I have no idea how to do this)

Will have to check back and see if this worked???

Well you can’t have trading with out having losses. However, looking back there were a few things that I didn’t like about that USD/JPY long.

1: Angle of 60 sma on 1h was not pointing up.
2: Amount price had traveled during early Asian session = 74 pips (low to high before London session)
lower probability of continuation before consolidation.
3: Price level at 60 sma cross at 0800 EST (1200 GMT) NY session Fib = 50% (caution because it might be a possible turning point, & it was).
4: Week end gap (the question was would it be a gap fill and run or a gap fill and reverse) It’s now looking like a gap fill and reverse but that could still change.
5: Change in Japanese bank head might call for approach with caution.

At least I kept my stop close to preserve capital. Anyway, that’s trading. As long as I excercise good money management and control emotion, I should continue staying in the green.

Good luck Duck Hunters.