Let me point out a couple of facts/opinions:
1) The Apiary Fund is NOT a scam. I've been with the Fund since April 2014. They offer a 12 module course that teaches you the fundamentals of Forex and currency trading. They also teach you trading strategies which are well known (or some version of them) among many experienced traders. I pay $97 per month for full access to the course AND the MT4 platform which I use to demo trade. They have live trading rooms and live recordings you can sit in and listen to. Everything is archived in their library. If you want lifetime access to the library then you pay a one time fee of $297. THATS IT!!! If you want to learn more about the Apiary Fund, the have intro webinars that give you more information. The guys are honest and really want to help you succeed. But they are not just going to give you their money to trade without developing a track record while you demo trade.
2) If you worry about every being a scam just because you don't understand it or don't know **** about it, then you will never get anywhere in life or trading. People scam themselves. How? They pay thou$ands of dollars for "one-on-one" mentoring or a limited-time course and then don't take any action! In case you didn't know, the market for lazy people is a multi-billion dollar industry.
3) The only thing you probably should be paying for is monthly access to a trading platform so that you can practice the fundamentals of trading. If you already have a funded account with a broker, most of the time the platform should be free.
4) Sorry, but the market doesn't care how many degrees you have. Totally useless in this game. If you read about the guys who work at the CBOE, many of them barely graduated high school and are all dumb-asses. But they are among the best traders in the world because they have the right mindset.
5) I am not funded yet with Apiary, but I expect to be by November. I've learned alot about the mistakes I made from April through June. July was a good month and August will be a better month. I'm going to demo trade through September before I set up my interview with the Risk Manager. At that point, I'll have 3 months of a steadily rising equity curve. After this period, they don't just hand you live funds. There is another demo period (2-3 weeks) where your demo account is reduced from $10,000 to $1,000. This is to make sure that you psychologically can trade smaller positions. If you are successful, then I believe they fund you with $1,000 to start off with. If you continue your success, then the funded amounts go up over time, potentially up to $250,000. From what I understand, most "funded" traders are at the $10,000 level. Again, attend the intro webinars and ask all the questions you need to ask. I also don't believe that you are required to submit a margin deposit which most prop firms require you to do. Also, the payouts to the trader is anywhere from 65% to 85%. The higher your funding level, the higher the percentage payout.
Let me know if you have any questions about the Apiary Fund and I'll do my best to answer them.