The biggest secret

New Account Balance: $6612.82

GBPNZD enter long @ 1.93855. SL: 1.93023. Lot: 2.0

GBPNZD Exit @ 1.93866 Profit: +$15.99. 2018:04:20 00:21:25 - 02:27:05.

EURCAD enter long @ 1.56007 SL: 1.55764 Awaiting Take Profit

EURCAD scale in @ 1.55931 - 2.0 lot sizes, same as first entry. SL: 1.55764

Move both Stop Losses to 1.55741

EURCAD scale in with 0.5 lots. SL @ 1.55714

I am afraid I have been stopped out: Total loss = -$797.02. It is evident that I will have to go back to the drawing board and re-think my strategy. To Bob, and everyone else, I would like to thank you for your valuable input. It was a great learning experience for me, and hopefully for those who may read this thread in the future as well. What is of importance to me is that one should always be honest, and humble, in ones approach and be able to take criticism, however negative it may be. Isn’t that what forums are for? To try something new, and to test and discuss it? Based on my experience with this thread, I have come to the conclusion that in general people seem to be extremely prejudiced, negative and biased when introduced to something new that may have the potential to elevate oneself financially. On the other hand I can understand this due to an industry ridden by failure, schemes, scams, con artists, false claims and misdirection. What else would one expect? I think that there are many people out there who do trade successfully, and who would rather prefer to stay away from forums than being tarnished with the same brush, even should they have a desire to share valuable knowledge in an effort to contribute to and so enrich the lives of others. My question is: ‘Is it so bad to be wrong, to make mistakes and learn from it, and share ones experience with others’? Ironically I decided to choose the title ‘The Biggest Secret’ to draw attention because it seems that people are in for a quick fix/solution/shortcut to wealth. And, I am sure the title will draw many views yet to come in the future. Trading is hard work. There are no shortcuts to riches. To become successful in this industry one has to remain positive, learn from who you can and be humble. I trust that you may benefit as much from this thread as I did.

2 Likes

I think perhaps people got a little annoyed that you were posting tiny trades on multiple instruments, without explaing any of teh underlying reasoning behind it ! - That is what we call “Black box” and is usually associated with a “signals for sale” scenario later.

In future, post your logic, if you want a proper discussion and you may find a lot more help here than you think.

Sorry you got “busted” - hope to see you back, but take on board what I said above.

atb

F

Thank you Falstaff, much appreciated.