The BP Member List, and the main BP Search Feature

Hello, Pipstradamus

Two questions:

(1) Will the [B]Member List[/B] ever be restored to the [B]Community[/B] tab?

(2) I’ve noticed that the main [B]Search[/B] feature at the top of each page, sometimes works, and sometimes doesn’t.

When it’s working, the “magnifying glass” appears in the search window. Is this something that you’re working on?

I’d like to (rather presumptuously!) add a second vote for Clint’s first question. I know why the feature was removed, but I thought that it was due to return at some point?

And Clint - 987 notifications?!? I don’t think I have had that many total lol.

Lol I am with ST. I now know someone that does not read them lol

Thanks for the questions, Clint. Let me start with your second question.

Is the search issue something you’ve noticed just recently or has it been off and on for some time? We recently resolved a licensing issue with Google just this week that popped maybe mid to late September that could have had a bearing on the Search function in question. I’m hoping you can shed some light on the frequency of the issue.

As for the member list, yes, it was removed for performance reasons. We’ve had plans to being it back, but it’s not high up on our development priority list. Let me get an idea from our dev team on how much work would be involved in reenabling it. I’ll get back to you as soon as I hear something.

Thanks!

Pipstradamus

Thanks for your reply, Pipstradamus.

I haven’t kept a log of the problem, but it’s been a couple of weeks, give or take.

I normally use Google Chrome, but decided to open a different browser to trouble-shoot the Search feature.

It works fine in Opera (while simultaneously misbehaving in Chrome). I didn’t bother to try Firefox or IE.

This is Opera — the magnifying glass is right where it should be.

So, apparently, the problem resides in Chrome.

I tried that remedy you so often recommend — clearing the browser cache — but, that did not restore the magnifying glass. I’ve 'bout had it with Chrome. I think I’ll go back to Opera or Firefox as my main browser.

Clearly the problem is not at your end. So, sorry for the false alarm.

Oops. Busted. I should have blacked-out that number, so you guys wouldn’t see it.

Hey Clint,

Very strange. Many of our staff use Chrome as their primary browser and we haven’t been able to reproduce the problem. Perhaps a browser update or clean installation is in order.

We hope you get fixed!

Pipstradamus

Lol and I should have discreetly affected not to notice, so I apologize for drawing attention to it!