The correct way to win at Forex

QEIII and commodities holding up the e/u. Along with the threat of a government shutdown in the US. The euro is still the lesser of two evils despite Libiya. Guess people are betting on Nato taking over North Africa and getting cheap Oil. I think We in the US should invade and annex canada! Kill the Hosers! LOL

Darn it… thats the reason EU has doggedly kept at this high. Not big on fundamentals, what with decrepitude rapidly aproaching and ‘mad cow’. :smiley:

Its gonna turn over soon! :cool: Short trade has been open since Sunday and I’ve made (as I write this) a staggering… wait for it… 5.3 pips! LOL.

Koncentrate! Guys are trying to call the nexx mkt turn here (a risk by itself), now that the current cycle looks past half. Too geek, hic, or too wizzy? I’d say basic technical (s+r, fibb, MA) and fund-a-mental (oil. i-rates, BS) analysis all in a days guess. Its in the school section, might wanna check it out…

That makes me one of the worms in the rubbish heap?

Stay the course:-> can a random 15p cloud fit in a days cycle for 35p? hic

What is a random 15p cloud ?

Look at this beauty:

Does it look like rubbish to you ?

Looks like resistance will turn support at about 380.00

:stuck_out_tongue:

Very good observation indeed. I was afraid to tell you that, it only would confuse you anymore.

Yes, that’s right. What you see there is EURUSD market projected in the space of equitys. It’s an oscillator, like stochastic, but it is comprised by equity(though it can’t be seen in the graph).

This graph can be traded if you have a cloud on a demo account and enter with another cloud on a real account, exactly where you think equity will reverse.

That is what I am researching for now: entry and switching points.

And what exactly led you to think I was confused?

You’re trading a modified grid system, and thankfully leaving Martingale out of it.

Nothing terribly confusing there:D

Well, it seems that not many readers got the ideea how orders are placed.

That graph looks pretty much up and down to me? Ok thats a nice break high towards the end but it could equally be a break low if were talking a grid trade entry strat no? One question I have to ask. Ok fine on a demo and even perhaps a $1k account pocket book willing. But if your trading as a pro how would you explain to your clients those whipsaws of that magnitude? Better yet, you get real lucky and now have $100k account… you still gonna trade this way? Up $150k… oops… now down to $20k! And so on and so forth until your either busted or a millionaire? LOL

The idea of trading this way is to catch the first peak. I let that system run for several days only to test its stability or workability. In normal conditions I would have stopped the cloud after the first peak which was of about 120 euros. Pretty enough for intraday trading. Then the cloud should be started again and is expected to behave in the same manner.

Anyway , your point was correct, it was me who didn.t stop the cloud at the proper moment.

Random prediction, to which a grid system (so far any grid) is no shortcut whatsoever. Other methods to ensure a smoother ride. Hope the more experienced find the patience to make a detailed post of currently used methods/catskills someday/somewhere. Simple is easier, like classical simple s+r: great-bars-at-great-location.

Chizzen, what is a ‘random 15p cloud’ ? Where come ‘15’ and ‘p’ from ? Forgive my ignorance.

I don’t afirm that random prediction is a shortcut to technical analysis. I think they are equaly reasonable, i.e. technicals is a form of statistics and statistics leads to technicals. I tend to incline to technicals but I just want to see how statistics works without technicals. I expect if statistics won’t work, technicals will not work too. Then, we should rely only on fundamentals.

A 15pip cloud of trades inside a 35pip daily range.

From your posts, I assume you mean to have a specific time selected randomly to start the EA, preferably everyday at pre-London 0700gmt, though even Asian wouldn’t change much. Price is almost starting out and by the time the EA is finished placing 100 trades price will have moved 15pips or so, so the trades are a spread-out cloud like that. And since e$ has an average daily range of about 35p in a bad sideways market/week, then the EA is set such that to catch “30p-50p” trade-sizes. Some trades carry over to the next day so you have to manually stop them and start over. If suddenly the markets decide to stop ranging around and start trending in direction of trades, then you leave it run so you essentially catch a market turn efficiently on many trades.

Then there is the question of either longs or shorts EA, and how to combine the two, and what to do if market takes off in the other direction. I observed it is not so bad, maximum draw-down of about 30% on opening balance (for period of EA) considering the high number of trades activity, still 1 micro.

It is good so far, up to the point where you have to intervene to close trades or run this or the other EA - trader discretion, and in comes analysis bias (prediction), which gets whipped by the markets now and then.

If I were to adopt an element of randomness similar to above I would go with straddle-trades. Something like the London breakout or the other similar thread. Where you just place two trades one long one short at exactly 0745gmt (or 1245gmt for the NY-open spikes) watching the PA (great-bars) around any s+r and straddling it, heheh. The end result two trades long and short spanning 30p range on 15min TF, SL=25p TP=50p, placed just before price decides to go up or down, just like the hyena with feet on both paths and the uncertain candles hang on an s+r in between. Practiced daily so the one random day (Thursday or Payday) when price makes a certain decision I will be there for it. I think the author of the London-breakout EA should enter it in the championship competition, with a BP label.