The Cowabunga System

hi i’m new i read some of the stuff on fx school i did lose some money like 5geez
anyway where can i get the Cowabunga System not the indicater

Look on the main page or under blogs

I am releasing the new and improved Cowabunga EA v5 for MetaTrader, (started by Kepler). It now works a lot better!
My notes and the EA are at the thread, ‘[WIP] Cowabunga MT4 Expert Advisor’.

Big Be

Younes,
As a newbie to fx trading,you need a very simple and easy to set up technical indicators for a demo/live trading. I would recommend James System for you:How to Make 45 pips Daily on EUR/USD. I have tried this system on demo/live trading ,its accuracy is over 80%,and it is very simple to set up and use.
Prince

Prince, if you are quoting your own win rate, over how many trades is the 80% calculated? Also, what are your average winning and losing trades? I am about to forward test this one myself and would appreciate your input as someone who has been there, done that…

Thanks
Simon

wellyou see i already have a live acc so i’m trying to find ways to cover my losses in that one first :), itss just i don’t seem to know whent to enter the market and my support and riseistance lines get broken all the time plus the i lost in the XAG/USD.

Yes me too. I have never got this sort of return from this method even on testing so would love to know how you have done it prince

Out of 20 live trades,I win 17,lost3,lowest pips is 25,while the highest is 61 pips.
Thank You.
Prince

Simon - if you do test this I will be interested in the results. Certainly I got a positive expectancy but nothing like an 80% win rate

Thanks for the info, Prince. The sample size (20 trades) is probably too small to make a generalisation from in terms of win rate, but what you are doing works for you. :cool:

I’ll keep you posted.

Well, if the indicator is working right, its been a slow end to the week. I didn’t get a signal today (Friday), and had one yesterday (Sell) but it was at 19:00 GMT which makes it a bit late in the day so I didn’t take it. The official blog hasn’t been updated yet but did anyone get anything different ?

Also I’ve tested the indicator on GBP/JPY with default settings. I’ve altered it to only allow trades from 5am GMT. I traded it ‘blind’ by scrolling the chart one bar at a time. I tend to aim for between 1 and 2 times risk:reward and even numbers/.50’s as targets, same as cowabunga GBP/USD.

From the 29th Oct to 29th Nov I had 33 signals. 4 signals were after 7pm so I didn’t take them. 13 trades lost. 15 trades won and 1 trade was breakeven. Maximum losing trades in a row was 2. If stoploss was greater than 130 I used half lots. The system produced 384 (Full) Pips in the month.

Interestingly it was 361 pips up after the first 6 trades. The following 3 weeks saw it fluctuate. However, thats just trading for you!

I got three signals yesterday, but one was before and the other two were after the time we are supposed to trade this system. None today for me. But even BabyPips training classes say to stay out of the market on Friday afternoons anyway, so I didn’t sweat it.

I’ve never looked at Cowabunga on GBP/JPY, but I have on AUD/USD and the success rates I’ve had trading it are not near that good unfortunately. Doesn’t mean it’s totally no good, but I like the fact that it seems that about 75% of my Cowabunga trades have gone in my favor.

Jeff

is anyone using this system on the daily charts or has anyone tested it?

I’m not sure about the dailies for this system. The risk:reward usually isn’t great. We’d have to come up with a different way of setting targets.

Today I had a buy signal which was a loser. Can’t win em all. However, GBP/JPY cowabunga gave me a short for plenty of pips.

Looks like a lot of action on the Cowabunga strat tonight

:slight_smile:

Hello Folks, i’m new here and i would really like to know much about this cawabunga system.

Can someone please put me through the necessary files or articles for this system.

Hope to hear from you all soon enough

Regards

Tolu:):cool:

Tolu,
What to do is simple,Go to babypips.com, select BLOG, then,What to do after you finish the school of pipsology. Before this time I advise you to read and study everything in the SCHOOL OF PIPSOLOGY. Thats the basics you need to kick start forex trading.

Prince.

Hi People

This is my first post here (I’ve had some diffuculty registering) but have been reading almost daily for a while.

I’ve been tracking cowabunga from January 1 2007 and have produced an excel spreadsheet of results, including an account balcance and a spread (fixed 3 pips).

I’ve put in place a money management system where I buy or sell x/500 mini lots, where x is the balance of the account.

Keeping in mind that this is only paper trading (for me) a $5,000.00 deposit on Jan 1 would be worth $91,361.00 as of today (12 Dec).

I realise that this is a fairly high risk strategy compared to most advice going around, the largest lost for the year would’ve been -18%, with most losses around 4-7%.

I’m happy to provide the spreadsheet to anyone who wants to take a look (I figure they’re a good way to test money management on a mechanical system), but what I’m really after is some pointers for going live early next year.

I understand that the phsycological aspect will make a difference, but what do you think of the money management?

Thanks!

I’d love to see the sheet. Please email it to <[email protected]>

A