The Cowabunga System

I had a question regarding the charts that are posted on the blogs section of babypips in the “Cowabunga System Daily Update”

I’m trying to use the same chart, (don’t care about the indicators) just the chart. It says its from (FXCM) but what the charting software called?

Is it in MT4? If it is I can’t seem to configure it to look as good as those charts posted on the blog. Any comments or suggestions welcome.
Thank you .

hi, i dont want to be a pain because this issue is already being asked [B]it seems lots[/B] but my macd is totally different from pipsurfers so i would like to know if there is anyone trading on mt4(with fxpro) that knows how to line pipsurfers macd up to the one on mt4. cheers

elguapo

Hi there,I am new to Forex but have been reading babypips for the last month,my eyes are nearly falling out of my head,but now it’s time to make it happen,I have yet to read all of the threads of the Cowabunga System,but could someone pls tell me how to have the settings for the MACD in Dealbook 360,because mine looks completely different then the one shown. Cheers :slight_smile:

Do you think it would be possible to trade the Cawabunga System using the longer time frames, like the Daily and the Weekly? The pips gains are so much larger using the bigger time frames. What are your thoughts?

I just started demo trading and one of the pairs I trade is EUR/USD.
Ive been trying to apply the pair to the Cowabunga system.
On the 4 hour chart, the 5 EMA last crossed under the 10 EMA on April 14th. It has not crossed back over the 10 EMA since then.
Does that mean one could have traded short on the Euro using the 15 min. chart since that time?
The reason I ask is because not all of the other indicators were moving in the right direction on the 4 hour chart during this time period.

Thanks
Dandare

Hello BigPippin,

I am new to trading. I have so many doubts in trading. Thank you for starting new blog “Pip My System”. Really it will helpful to new traders to clarify their questions.

Regards,

Nirmala

Hi ybop01

I am a forex beginner. Can you please tell me the process how to download the indicators to MetaTrader 4? I did try but not successful. :frowning:

hello fellow members, im a newbie here and was wondering what are the settings we are suppose to use for the cowabunga system. ive looked everywhere but i cant find it.
i know we are supposed to use indicators of stochastics, MACD, RSI and moving average but im not sure what parameters settings to use?
if some can tell me or point me in the right direction would be gratefull
thanks

Hi Spider31
Here is the link to look at the indicators parameter settings;

So You’ve Finished The School Of Pipsology…Now What? | Forex Blog: Pip My System

booked 116 pips on EU today and 87 on GU.
I use VT Trader for my charting and analysis and trade with MIG bank MT4…it’s pretty crappy, not very user friendly, taht’s why I use VT.
Why do we need for a candle to be automaticly painted? Can’t we just wait and see the confirmation?
Today was the first day of trading Cowabunga, and you usually get lucky the first couple of days, then you get relaxed, and then BOOM!!! start losing:eek:
I used Cowabanga together with Simple Fib Method on both GU and EU. Attached is my first trade on Eu today.
thanks for listening.
babypips rule! love the scool and all!:smiley:

Good Morning Everyone,

Just set up cowabunga on MT4 for my very first trade on this system. Bagged 128 pips after the 8:45am down signal this morning, I know I shouldn’t have placed the orders since it was too close to major news event at 9:30. Here are my 4H and 15min screens, just want to confirm if they are setup correctly.

Cheers!

Hi Prosper88
I wonder if you could tell me the process how to download the cowabunga stystem indicators to MT4. I tried but not successful.
Thanks.
Kulvadee

Hi Kulvadee,

Shutdown MT4, unzip the attached file “Cowabunga_MACD.zip”. Copy all 4 files to the following directory; “C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators”. Your directory path may vary slightly… Restart MT4, then open your 15min and H4 charts for GBP/USD and apply the indicators as follows:

H4 Chart
Insert/Indicators/Custom and select Cowabunga Latest
Insert/Indicators/Relative Strength indicator
Insert/Indicators/Stochastic Oscillator

M15 Chart
Insert/Indicators/Custom and select Cowabunga Latest
Insert/Indicators/Custom and select MACD-Combine
Insert/Indicators/Relative Strength indicator
Insert/Indicators/Stochastic Oscillator

Hi prosper88
THANKS so much. :slight_smile:

I wonder if anyone can recommend me which broker to trade with.

I am using GFT demo account and lots of time the price reached my target but it had not executed. I emailed and asked them and they said they would make sure this would not happen with the real account. I wonder if anyone experience the same.
Thanks.

I’ trading a demo account with MB Trading. I have had a few instances where I could not close out a position with the following error message “Too Many Orders” I will contact them to find out how often this happens on a real account. Anyone else with MB Trading?

does anybdy know what the statistics for this system ? Also where can i find the trade record … i know BP doesnt do it anymore but i just wanted to have a look at the effectivness … what time does BP trade this system GMT ?

thanks

what happens if the stochs are already in oversold/overbought area on the 4 hour chart … do we just use the latest crossover to find the valid trend

have a look at this chart … you can see that today the stochs are in oversold but do we use the crossover a few candles back to indentify the trend (which is valid) ? or what the latest position of the indicators are ?

per one of the videos, don’t remember which one, once the indicators show a valid trend changing candle, it doesn’t matter what happens to the indicators on 4-hr TF next, until the next trend changing candle.

Could anyone post their results for the last 2 weeks or so ? … ive been trading this system manually and i keep on loosing Especially the last few days. Would like to know if anyone has had success with this

Dan