The Cowabunga System

well its been more trades with this system now for this month

Any how many trades you tried at this period?
I mean what was your success rate with this system?
Iā€™d like to pick the best system and start trading, but Iā€™m not sure which system would be the best for me.

i m newbie here so i have no idea abouttheseā€¦

This is a very good system for a newbie. Iā€™ve been forward testing this system for about a month with great results. The only thing I do differently is instead of just trading GU, I trade all of the available pairs that I have.

I check the 4-hour time frames on all the pairs looking for the smoothest trending pair and trade that pair for the day. You want to see a relatively smooth trend with smooth pullbacks. Make sure you only trade during the London session.

Good luck and be very particular. If none of the pairs look smooth and trending then donā€™t trade that day.

Only trade demo in the beginning and use good money management. No more than 3% risk per trade.

Good luck!

ā€“Fred M.

Very good system. Patience is the KEY to success if using this system.

Thanks.

what is the drawdown of this system

As a newbie I am looking forward to this. I did check your firs post and It motivates me.
Mike

Hi have you been able to set up your notifications? Iā€™ve done the e-mail settings but Iā€™m wondering if thereā€™s something else I have to do in order to receive an e-mail for the signals.

Anyone got any long term stats on their cowabunga system?

Hey, would it send a text message to the phone or just an email?

Iā€™ll be sure to test this out. FOrtunately I am at the computer so dont need the phone alerts

All i have learnt in the past 5 years of trading is Money management and TREND IS YOUR FRIEND.
Do you agree?

The first is undeniably crucial. The latter matters but is easier to misapply than to apply, I would say.

Hi BP,

First thank you for sharing your trading method, it looks good and Iā€™m checking it out at the moment.

I have one question about working out the R: value, I understand it when the result is positive.
If you were to risk 10 pips and you ended up making 30 pips, then your R-value would be 3 (30 divided by 10).

But it dosenā€™t make sense to me working out the negative R: value.
If you were to risk 10 pips and ended up losing 30 pips, then your R-value would be -3 (-30 divided by 10).

If I was to risk 10 pips, that would then be my stop, so how can I end up loosing 30 pips??
Could you explain that please?

I am new here and Danish, so maybe I misunderstand the English, in which case I apologize in advance.

Regards Hugo

Personally, I think the Cowabunga system is awesome and really makes trading much easier. I just started using it recently and although I donā€™t yet have the knack for forex trading, the system is quite easy to use. I only have one question. Since there are other systems such as Wallstreet that can test for more than four currency pairs when compared to this one which has only tested for one currency pair, what are some of the other merits of the system?

Thanks Guys for that great thread !
I watching that conversation from long time and I am amazed how my trading get better now !
thanks again
and many pips for ALL !!!

Hejsa Hugo!

Youā€™re right; if you risk 10 pips, but lose 30, that would be a -3R loss. I could happen in markets that gap, but not often in Forrex. The point is that if youā€™re often losing more that -1R on your losing trades, then one of two things:

1. youā€™re not really risking 10 pips, but rather 30 pipsā€¦ Solution: Know your risk.
  2. youā€™re overruling your stops which is a no-no! Solution: Follow the system and never ever widen your stop.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Regards,
Thomas - also Danish

Tak Thomas!

Thanks for the answer, I see what you are saying.

PS. Are you ā€œthe Thomasā€ friends of (skovtroldene)

Regards,
Hugo

not that I know ofā€¦ :wink:

Hi Thomas,

OK, just checking, because the Thomas I know is playing the FX
and recommended this site a couple of years ago.

Happy trading,
Hugo