The easiest trading system ever!

Basically, to sum it up, wait, very patiently for hidden divergence on your RSI or Stochastics. Confirmation is Candlestick formation. I have no idea where to put TP levels because this could go either huge, or moderate profit. Employ a 5% Stop loss. Enjoy.

1 Like

It would be a huge shame for people to do that, in case it’s a really good, valid and winning system with a good edge, as they might blow their accounts through hugely inappropriate position-sizing.

Then how is that you can advise people where to put their stop-loss?!

No disrespect meant at all, but it seems to me that you’ve confused “entry signals” and “trading systems”.

Where to position stop losses and targets is far more important to a system’s long-term success than the precise entry-methods used.

4 Likes

Ha ha, ok, firstly Charlie, I am not advising anyone, This is a free system with risk parameters set. These are the outlines, anyone can identify the patterns and trade it, either as a scalper or a swing trader, I do not know every traders personality or risk profile, this is a good way to trade, so let us get some more feedback?

Here is an example of the EUR/ USD today. Stop loss would be above the last candle, before the break down, shooting star formation. Entry would be after the Candlestick formation broke down. TP would be where? Maybe at the wedge parallel line. With a 5% limit on capital, you would have to make 20 mistakes in a row to blow your account, highly unlikely! Else go back to trading demo man!

Just to show you the difference in trading styles, LaughingCharlie. an aggressive trader would have taken the break as the shooting star broke down, and RSI as confirmation, A more conservative trader would have waited for a break below the support line with RSI confirmation, Another trader would have waited for a pullback to the support line to sell once again with Hidden divergence on the RSI. And all of them would have different stop losses. A scalper would have taken profit in the mad rush below support, etc etc…I am sure you get my point.

Lol, Charles “got your point” from your first post.

The problem is that you didn’t get his.

3 Likes

Can you translate what is written on the sheet of paper into an organized document? You don’t have to, it’s your thread and you are free to present your system as you please. However, I don’t even know which side I should read it from.

1 Like

Hey @giovannicali, It is just a representation of the market, as soon as you have it covered, it just turns everything upside down, the market does whatever it wants to do! But in the center, more or less, is where I derived my trade ideas from. There is an element of years of research in those crazy parts. :grin:

Yep, looks reasonably complicated.

Wonder is there anything similar, maybe go short because USD is on a roll from previous day and the number is a 50, or more likely it’s the time - European wakey 7.00 gmt, or indeed that shooting star.

But divergence de10yr - now that’s a different story…

Yes @peterma, you are 100 % correct. All of the factors you mentioned played a roll, however for me, Hidden divergence, Candlestick formation and market below 21 MA, is normally enough. The factors you mentioned would have made a person just that more relaxed with taking the trade. We know where the stop loss should be, we know where our point of entry should be, and we know that this trade could potentially be a 3 RR or even more, trade. So there we have all the factors of a good trade, a stop loss, a point of entry, and PT points of the traders choice.

1 Like

@LaughingCharlie, Thank you for your comments. I have not confused anything at all. Any traders entry point is very very crucial, you could trade a bull market and miss your entry point, and even buying all the way up with wrong entry points, you will buy and lose money through stop losses being triggered in pullbacks, in a bull market. So, for me, the entry is vital to my trade success. So my rule of a 5% stop loss from point of entry, to stop loss is not wrong at all. That is 5% of your available capital.

And secondly, where to place TP levels, as I said, I have no idea how far the market is going. We have set parameters, like 3 RR, or EMA crossovers, or Technical formations. Yes they could work, but looking at the EUR/USD graph presented, when the break occurred, I had no idea where it could go to, And if I could, I would be stinking rich and working for George Soros. I could only say that the probability is there for moderate profits or getting huge! And look what happened, from 1.2360 to 1.2190 today. Could I foresee that, no I had no idea, but here we are.So, was it huge or moderate, decide for yourself. And never take a position that would wipe your account, stick to the 3 or 5 % rule.

Your “5% rule” is dangerous nonsense.

In a beginners’ forum like this, you might expect sometimes to get away with posting stuff like this, but anyone with any experience of trading for a living is quite likely to call it out for what it is, and that’s “dangerously dreadful advice”. However much you try to dress it up.

1 Like

That is my rules matching my risk profile, @lukasVisser, I can live with that. Either use it, …or don’t!

Thanks.

I won’t.

And I’ll suggest (as anyone trading for a living would!) to others here that they definitely shouldn’t, either.

2 Likes

I am very happy to see you disagree with me @LukasVisser, that is exactly what makes this site so awesome! And by the way, there are not only newbie traders here, but a lot of people with more knowledge and experience than you and I combined, my friend. In order for trading to evolve we need new and fresh ideas, and share it with the group here. I can see you have a problem with my 5% stop loss on this strategy. The reason I run such a liberal stop loss is because with hidden divergence, as opposed to regular divergence, all trades are taken in the direction of the main trend! And the indicators I use here are not lagging indicators like moving averages or macds. I have other strategies as well and for them I would use a normal 2,5 % stop loss. But with this one, where you trade in the direction of the trend, you have to be a bit more brave. But since you have posted on my thread and tried to rubbish it, I am a gentleman, you know what, I will take a step back and give you the centrestage, Please share with us your superior knowledge and wisdom. And dont be a coward now, we are all waiting for your inputs, ready? Go!

[quote=“Thelongestusernameyouwilleverfind, post:16, topic:146187”]I am very happy to see you disagree with me @LukasVisser,
[/quote]

I’m also happy to see it.

Someone needs to correct the appalling nonsense you post, otherwise people will be influenced by it and imagine that it’s reasonable, or just “a different point of view” rather than being dangerously ill-informed.

Wow. How sarcastic can you get?! What a slimeball. :confounded:

2 Likes

Fantastic @LukasVisser and @LaughingCharlie, you guys have really shared your wisdom and helped novice traders. Thanks for your positive input, HA HA HA HA. So, if hidden divergence is a scam, prove it! I told you dont be a coward, and then?..

Well, why do you not share it with us? i am speechless.

The fact that your last four replies have been sarcastic remarks with no substance, tells me it’s probably time you let go of this thread.

1 Like

I was talking about you.

1 Like