The Fed backs itself into a corner

We all knew it but now they’ve admitted it.

The Fed has screwed up big time. Starting with Greenspan, then Bernanke, then Yellen, and now Powell they have been acting as serious bubble blowers due to an in ability to take short term pain.

Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news but their latest Treasury bond bubble is the bubble of all bubbles, And in Powell’s own words he admits that they are never going to be able to take away the punch bowl, or the whole economic system will come crashing down.

Maybe the gold bulls and Austrian economists have been right all along.

I think it is a case of another “house of cards” that at some stage will come crashing down.

Cheap money has fostered a hunger for debt at all levels. Government corporate and individual.

The longer they let it go the harder the fall will be.

The US Fed is not alone in this stupidity.

Cheers

Blackduck

Agreed they are not alone - the whole western world is at it. It’s pretty tragic to be honest, the question is how long this house of cards will last.

Will it be as bad as many think? What if anything will replace it?

Wearing my tinfoil hat I am even wondering if the whole COVID 19 pandemic is going to be used as a ruse for a total system reset.

Frankly its a little bit scary. Thankfully the man or women in the street are completely clueless as to what is happening.

1 Like

I just want to know one thing:

Will our brokers / dealers will take our money and run away if there is a reset going to happen?

Interesting to see with the elections coming up

@ajbozdar

I don’t know if they will do that but I do think in this new world YOU will be charged interest for keeping your money at a bank.

They are not alone. The whole of the western world is at it. No matter how harsh it is, it is the truth.