The finest in trend trading

its long entry,
you have to place SL order at the bottom of the red candle and your take profit at the middle band

The BB is a great tool and that’s the reason to trade the BB almost naked.
There are just two more lines, Daily S/R. Always M5, that’s it.
Sorry that I can’t mention who actually should get credit for it but I respect tymen’s sensitivity on this matter. :slight_smile:

Not bewildered here, just absorbing and hoping that the end is near so we can start to trade this beast :wink: It’s taking shape very nicely as far as i’m concerned.

I have one question about the 8 trade examples you put together. On Trade 8, the OBB trade, you have let the trade ride the outer BB for what will obviously be a great R:R ratio. I presume that you let this run because the middle BB (the MA) turned in favour of our trade direction, giving us fair warning that a new trend had formed? If so, is the exit on the first bar that closes fully clean of the BB?

Apologies if you were going to come on to this and i’ve jumped the gun :slight_smile:

[I]In the first case, we use two candles if the [U]previous candle body[/U] is [U]smaller [/U]than the extreme candle.

In the second case, we use only one candle if the [U]previous candle body[/U] is [U]larger [/U]than the extreme candle.[/I]

[B]Does the extreme candle include that candles wicks, or just its body?[/B]

You might want to use the fib tool to gauge any closes below the 38.2% retracement line, as shown:

The third retracement candle closes below the 38.2% retracement line - I take it that this would be a valid reason to close this trade?

Any thoughts by anyone else?

And to think that,without knowing,i was already using something close to this when the price was inside of a range.

I was about to ask
how we can combine two metods together
radical method of determining our exits with fibs and
TP exits using CBL(DNA BB)??

On the chart I posted the first entry was not triggered, so you should not have been in the trade. The second entry had very little drawdown and went up from there. That trade gave 15 pips.

tymen didnt explain this situation yet :frowning:

or may be he did, did he say such case is losing trade ??

Well Tymen like always you have given me a lot to think about. I’ve been going over charts, different pairs and different time frames and I’m slowly absorbing it all in.

Really enjoying the charts and examples, you have a great way of showing and explaining trades. That is a quality I don’t possess (you can ask people I’ve tried to teach to trade lol)

just its body

The extreme candle would be the extreme High or Low which would include the wick

Wow.

I am also taking some time to absorb these revelations.

I think the best trades using this method are when the price action is ranging, rather than trading the retracements.

This also gives you the chance to catch the start of a new trend and a BB walk. Or an OBB as Mr.T calls it. :smiley:

I previously asked such question. I’ve got the answer.
You can help kitty with his question if you like. thanks

kockneerebel,
my question is how to combine together radical method of determining exits with fibs and DNA BB??
any thoughts?

Still catching up to end of thread. No intention of leaving at all. Even if worst happens and I can’t get it to work, there’s too many crumbs being dropped from the Master’s table which I am grateful for. I will need to try it out on demo during live price action.

It seems like one of the most important aspects of this system is the CBL call. It sounds like it is what will make or break it.

My nightmare example is if the PA approaches the lower BB and you catch a long CBL as a candle is starting to form but then at the end of candle formation the PA goes back down, the BBs trumpet and walks the lower BB! :eek:

I noticed this too.

It’s nice if the candle which your CBL originates from is a pattern indicating a reversal. i.e. a pinbar/doji/hammer etc.

If it is a big bodied candle indicating momentum, it may be safer to pause, or possibly extend the CBL.

These are only my initial observations!

That really shouldnt be a nightmare ? its just a losing trade.

You have to accept that that you are exploiting probabilities, there is absolutely no difference between a winning and a losing trade, the outcome of a single trade is completely irrelevant.

If it hurts, your taking too much risk.

Hi RenaLa
I applaud your enthusiasm, however, may i suggest that we keep things simple for now, especially as Tymen is still teaching and may well cover these things. IMHO it is better to master one thing at a time

OK managed to get to end of thread. Bought up the GBPUSD 1 hr and had a quick browse. Managed to find an example of what my previous post was talking about. You can see the date and time when this pattern occurred.

The 1st white candle in the rectangle marked is the extreme low so the CBL would be on the high of this 1 candle as the previous candle body is larger. The trade is entered on the next down candle as its high just penetrates the CBL of the previous candle. Then whereever we put our stop loss will be hit.

Maybe I was just lucky (or unlucky) I found a failed trade so quickly. Can’t base any conclusions based on 1 example as I haven’t studied enough samples to draw any conclusions. However no such thing as a system that is 100% I guess.