The finest in trend trading

I shall continue on Monday. :slight_smile:
I look forward to answering questions and posts. :slight_smile: :wink: :cool:

A quick search of Guppy:

Guppytraders.com - GMMA Guppy Multiple Moving Average

It appears Guppy wrote a book:

You must be adding a new wrinkle to this, Tymen.

The internet provides the answer.

“There is no single trend line solution encompassing all timeframes.” :eek:

“The trend line does not predict the future.” :eek:

Guppy Break Out. Word doc.

Your request has been honored. The material was easy to find on the internet.

Hi tymen, great thread. :wink:

By the way. Babby pipper, same IP as Xtraction.

Yesterday, you accused Jaquille of being xtraction. Today you are accusing me of being xtraction. You claim we have the same IP. Do you mean we are using the same internet provider? I use Comcast. Did you know Comcast is the [B]largest[/B] residential broadband Internet service provider in North America with [B]15 million[/B] customers?

Dynamic vs Static IP Addresses

Static IP addressing is for one customer on one IP address and Dynamic IP addressing assigns a different IP address each time the ISP customer logs on to their computer, but this is dependent upon the Internet Service Provider (ISP) because some ISP’s only change the IP address as they deem it necessary.

If you have Dynamic IP Addressing through your Website Host [B][I]it means that you are sharing an IP Address with several other customers[/I][/B].

IP Information:
ISP: Comcast Cable
Organization: Comcast Cable

Connection: Broadband
Assignment: [B]Dynamic IP[/B]

Tymen, I apologize for this post but petefader needs to be called out.

I came up with the idea of multiple moving averages some time ago, early on in my short career. Makes me feel smart as a guppy. :smiley: Funny how the wheel keeps getting reinvented. I never spent much time trying to trade it though. Will be interesting to see how this all turns out.

LOL The very first thing I thought of when Tymen posted that chart was “I wonder if this would help with making that Talon 1H crossover work?”. I still have that objective as my own little personal holy grail. :slight_smile:

It is called the “rainbow”. You can find all kinds of rainbow related material with a quick search. Side question: do you like photobucket?

That would had be a surprise to me 1 year ago, but not days ago. His first post in this forum was a clear fact to my nose. Now I know: It’s my nose which let me make money and not only trend trading itself. If my nose get golden enough, I retire. :smiley:

I didnt mean to cause off topic posts. My apologies. Let’s keep the thread on topic. :slight_smile:

imo, why not just use a moving average to define the trend? it is much easier and less hassle, although the moving average may not always indicate the trend.

Looks to me like you answered your own question?! :wink: In my humble opinion I’d add, that a moving average has at first nothing to do with defining what is a trend.

I’d cut it in pieces:

a) Definition of trend

b) How can you trade with trend information and what indicators might help to identify trends or whatever else is important?

Right? :slight_smile:

I still have that chart up although concentrating on the high low now. Will be interesting to see where Tymen’s going with this

I like photobucket. Quick easy and free

Gonna leave that one alone.

LOL that was a great straight line wasn’t it !

[QUOTE=tymen1;170582]Remember, we are trying to generate a definition that is very precise in its language, suitable for generating a flowchart so that a computer programmer could use it to write a program to trade a trend.

[B]In short, our definition must be extremely specific and we assume the reader is totally ignorant.[/B]

Using the subtrend idea, we a basically breaking down our analysis to the atomic level if you like.

It looks like we dont need indicators to trade a trend. Do we? :confused:

well, yes moving average may not always define the trend, likewise for trendline, it may not define the trend if you have to keep redrawing it on the chart.

what im trying to say is, for the period of time that the moving average indicates a trend, it is a tradable period.