I have a ticket to go to the blanket show!! :smiley:

Starring “sheet” and “doona”. :smiley: :smiley:

Keep posting questions, great ideas, insights and sample trades. :slight_smile:

I will be with you tomorrow.

AHAHAHAHAH!!!i like that i want a torchlight on this thread

looks ok to me.

here’s a lighter version:

ohh… one step ahead PTB, eh? :slight_smile:

and just to make sure I got it right, we don’t care R:R is 1:2.5 (against us) for TP1, right?
we still take the trade?

The R/R is the biggest issue with the BB DNA method. I find I really need to pick only the “good” setups or I rapidly end up with large losses. The good thing about this is that it prevents me from overtrading. (Something I am still guilty of, I am afraid).

If the R/R is too low, don’t trade. There will be another bubble/sausage train leaving the platform shortly. Pick a few setups, rank them and take the top 1 or 2.

I hope this isn’t a side-track from the thread but if you apply classical candlestick bull/bear patterns as corroboration to Tymen’s rules you might be pleasantly surprised at the results. After all, Tymen also developed the UCTM.

so, [B]hatchiko[/B], what you’re saying is that in addition to Tymen’s rules, the R:R should be something you, personally, are comfortable with.

sound logical, given that we’re all different types of traders.

I can see why this is a big issue, nonetheless, if it really IS 90% successful, then going for 2.5:1 or even a lousier, say, 4:1 is definetly valid.

Had some good trades today, including using BB DNA to scalp some pips on the GBP/JPY 5m chart.

However, I can’t help but think that I won’t be able to trade off the 5m charts like I’d like to for about half my pairs - as the 5+ pips spreads just wipe out most TP1 trades. I was hoping I’d be able to get more trade signals off the 5m charts and thus earn more by trading more. But to do so probably requires sticking with 3-pip-spread currency pairs (which I guess isn’t a terrible thing, but most have much smaller ADRs).

So I must decide whether I want to focus on scalping the 5m charts with the largest possible lot sizes on pairs with smaller spreads/ADRs or go with entries off the 15m and get smaller trade sizes (and fewer opportunities), but somewhat larger pip gains on TP1.

Yes. This is just my opinion and my trading style. I am sure that everyone will have a different perspective. I don’t know about the 90% win rate as I am still in the testing phase and as Tymen has said, the method isn’t complete yet.

Very interesting point, hachiko.

This is exactly what I did on the eurusd trade today and it worked out pleasantly.

Entry is marked at the 1st pink line and TP1 is at the Mid-BB.

Notice the evening star that formed (inside the circle). I exited my second unit at the close of this evening star, as it looked as though it was going to sausage away.

I’ve essentially broken the rules of the system, which, on this occasion was a good decision as the second contract would have broken even anyway.

I won’t pat myself on the back for this trade, though.

What do you think, Tymen? Do you think I should carry on looking for patterns on the mid-BB, which could turn the trade against me or should I keep faithful and ignore the patterns?

1 Like

IronHeart,
Before Tymen kills me :eek:, please note I wasn’t referring to mid-BB trades, just outer BB trades. Whilst I agree the mid-BB candlestick pattern is a valid bearish reversal, the fact that it has formed at the mid-point of the S/R lines might lead me to avoid this trade. Nisson’s book on candlesticks tells us that patterns are everywhere but to trade them you need S/R and trend information so you know where to enter, exit and place your SL. It appears the BB DNA approach helps us derive this information.

Edit: Just to show how wrong I can be :o, when I looked at your chart again, I realised that you were on an M20 TF. Funny because that was my entry (albiet too early) point on H1 of the same pair. :slight_smile:

What I am trying to say is that “One TF’s mid-BB is another TF’s Outer”

good materials tymen !!

just a few qns, im quite confused actually. so if anyone can answer it, i would be enlightened and very happy :smiley:

1. why is the BB DNA method trading against the trend? like catching top/bottom? isn’t it better to trade with the trend hence increasing the risk:reward ratio ?

2. how’s the win/loss ratio so far?

3. is there any way to filter against false signals/ bad trades ?

4. is this almost the final completed method ?

Thanks in advance !!

Mapking - not attempting to answering your questions to Tymen here, just thought it worth looking back over a few of his posts which are hinting at what you are asking about trend and filters. They may help>

Posts 2529,2534,2541 (mid line slope notes)
Posts 2508,2510 (good setups)
Posts 2514 (not so good setups)

Cheers:cool:

Thank you for the quick response Tymen.
I made my entrance on the graph 30 minutes, which explains its position on the graph 60 min.
Thank you again for all éclairsissements.
My friend from Valencia is in the hospital for now, I expect better news in the hope that Grace holds out …
Tymen Good luck, you have the deserves our support, in addition to removal:)

thanks dand !

Merchantprince Firstly, thank you for your work resume, and correction, which allows us to easily follow the important points of this thread.:slight_smile:
I think the BB DNA method lends itself more to the FT of the order of 30 min at 4 hour, which improves the TP 1 and given the trend immediately.:wink:
This is only my opinion, because I am a trader for 60 min, entry 30 minutes and check the trend of 4 h.
Again thank you for the very good work, and full of pips at all!:wink:

There have been several posts on here lately about concerns that we are being taught to trade against the trend…and the safety of that. The way I see it, is that the whole market is nothing but trends. Except for small “squeezes” in between trends, we constantly go from one trend to the next. The trend that we see on the 1 hr is probably opposite to the sub-trend that we see on the 15 min. The trend we see on the 4 hr is probably opposite than the weekly or the 1 hr.

The nice thing about trading, is that all we have to do is wait a few minutes or a few hours or a few days and the trend will change and start moving in the direction of the large time frame. The beauty of what Tymen is teaching us is that we are learning how to trade against the sub-trend…which puts us in harmony with the larger time frame trend. That larger time frame trend may be opposite to its larger time frame trend but that’s OK. So it doesn’t matter which way the trend is…we are learning to profitably trade against it. What a win-win deal!

Incidentally…I think the squeezes are great. They alert us to the next trend. It may be a continuation or a change, but who could ask for a better signal or a heads up alert that something is about to happen. From what Tymen is teaching us we can get prepared for that pa move with a very small stop loss, when compared with the potential reward, and potentially be in a great position to get in on the next trend.

…and that’s just the way I see it.

P.S.
As a father of 10 and grandfather 18…I really do like squeezes!

1 Like

Tymen
Thanks for all the knowledge to date. I am having good results demo ing this latest release. Can I just ask the question…Have you ever thought about using the latest CBL method (sausages and bubbles) with S R lines instead of BBs? I am aware that they are essentally the same thing but at times the profit targets are different. Whats your view on this? Sorry if I m going off track a little.

best regards as always

any idea for entry on the downtrend ?

I have noticed that on a couple of occasions, the opposite BB will appear to be level, or contracting, giving us an ideal situation for an entry. i.e. not a bubble or sausage.

However a couple of candles later, the prevailing trend may have continued, and what was once a level or contracting BB has now printed as an expansion.

This is due to the BB “moving” with the price action until the close of the candle.

If you wait for the contraction or level BB to be confirmed, you may miss the CBL entry. However if you enter with the BB still “moving”, it has the potential to turn around and prove itself as a bad entry.

Has anyone else experienced this???