The finest in trend trading

Not rude of you at all. :slight_smile:
When you need to study, then that is the call.
I trust that you will passs all of your exams - that is what is important. :wink:

Your posts have been welcome here!!

… I was informed of an alleged practice called stop loss hunting. If such a practice has any grain of truth (which perhaps is why an EA providing such features was coded), would it affect our CBL/Naked Trading Method?

Stop hunting is a real practice and it will affect any trading method.
However, we may have a slightly better edge against this practice with the CBL. :smiley:

Further, we have the relative safety of the price action walk of the Bollinger Bands.

I did consider the CBL exit method at great length. :slight_smile:

No, it does not provide good exits. :frowning:

In fact, its exits are inferior to [U]the simple exit method[/U].

I have much pleasure in answering this post of yours, [B]NForex[/B]!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Input to the creation of the final PDF is open to all.

Especially to…

[B]Merchantprince,
Graviton,
DodgeV83,
NForex,
IronHeart.
[/B]

You are the first people I think of as contributing because of your special skills.
However, others are welcome to give input too.

The part I want to play in this matter is to use my teaching skills to develop the contents list and set the correct order of presentation, especially with regard to the explanations required.

The Bollinger DNA method is a stand alone method. :slight_smile:

You do not need a higher timeframe to use it but if you think that you can improve the odds with the use of a higher timeframe, then there is nothing to stop you from using it. :slight_smile:

I don’t know the first thing about backtesting but I have my doubts about any improvements using another timeframe.

And also one small thing, you mentioned earlier you would wait for the opp BB to contract before entering? But i think you mentioned few post back that it is not required?

If you are going with the NO TRADE AREAS, you do not need to read the point of opposite BB contraction.

But the [U]orthodox method[/U] does not recognise such areas so…yes, in that case we need to read these.

Wow!! :eek:

That’s amazing!!

I am really grateful for [B]DodgeV83 [/B]developing his backtest method!! :wink: :wink:

Didier is our current master at adding the lots on!! :smiley: :smiley:

NO!!

Give yourself some room for price action to move.

But if you can [U]definitely see[/U] that the price action is not going to go in your favour, then it would be useful to close the trade at half of the stoploss.

[B]Didier,[/B]

I would have thought that since the second candle body is much larger than the extreme candle body, then the entry could have been made earlier, at the height of the extreme candle itself.

Comments anyone?

The CBL in this chart is incorrect, Didier.

I have placed the correct CBL on it in pink followed by 3 white squares.

We use only 1 candle here because the 2nd candle (the long red one) is at least twice the size of the extreme candle.

Here is the correction >>>

This business is proof that we should trust the software Final Tymen Dodge V83 to manage businesses.:stuck_out_tongue:
Regards Didier

I am now going to return to the charts given by [B]fartist[/B], this time, the 1 hour charts.

Going from 0400 on the 13th to 1600 on the 31st was relatively easy with the 4 hour charts.

But it will be a long exercise with the 1 hour charts!! :eek: :eek:

I will see how far I can go.
This will definitely be the last of the presentations of the DNA method. :stuck_out_tongue:

I will be using the [B]orthodox method[/B] as I did in the 4 hour sessions.

Tymen thank you take me back (it’s a pun in French …) I do not have to justify myself, but when the actual level CBL was reached I was not looking at the screen, but I am happy with your comment, which incidentally is confirmed by xxtrizzlexx (oups. …), who has learned their lesson and reacted like lightning quick silver!:wink:
I’m certainly not the master of lots added in a pyramid, but if I have time to try it, so why not, and it will perhaps take some ratios between the different methods based on DNA Tymen mixed Graviton pyramiding, and Final Tymen Dodge v83.
I try a bit of everything to see and show, eagerly awaiting the reactions of all, and yours in particular.
I do not lose sight of the thread is devoted to trade naked, and I try to emphasize that in the graph that I send.
Regards Didier:)

Which broker are you using? It’s possible your version of MT4 isn’t allowing the “TymenTakeProfit” line to close half of the position.

Tymen method with a Graviton:p
Regards, Didier

My broker is "Actives Trades in England.
But what I wanted to show with this trade is that the best to run a business is, in my opinion, the EA you have developed.
I have not yet tested with 2 lots, but I’ll do it, and I say if it works.
Regards, Didier:)

Ok so correct me if i’m wrong in understand. As long as I am not in the NO TRADE AREA, i can ignore the opp BB contraction.

However if i AM IN THE NO TRADE AREA, i do need to look out for the OPP BB contraction, right?

And it does improve my adds if i am NOT in the no trade area, and i keep a look out for opp BB contraction? :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you for your detailed explanation with the charts tymen! It just kinda reinforce all that you have taught and understand it all to the tiniest of tiny details. Thank you :smiley:

Here go the 1 hour charts in absolute detail.

Blue lines=entry
red lines=stoploss
green lines = TP1

Other notes are added.

The CBL rules are as follows…

1. Use 2 candles normally.

2. If the 2nd candle body is twice as big (or larger) than the extreme candle, we then use the extreme candle only.

3. 2 candle sets (or 1 large extreme candle) that go near or pass the mid BB are cut in half.

Detailed explanations and the total pips are underneath the charts.
I have limited the chart detail because it takes ages to edit these charts.

1st chart >>>

The 1st trade is self explanatory using the simple exit method at TP2.

The 2nd trade at B cuts the yellow extreme candle in half.
TP1 and TP2 follow.

The 3rd trade is more complex.

The first extreme candle C is used alone because the 2nd candle is the long red candle.
It gives a nice entry (pink) but cannot be used because the opposite BB has not yet contracted for this bubble.
We then see a second (yellow) extreme candle and use that because we must always use the most recent one.
It is not until candle E that we can enter according to the opposite BB contraction.

After that, we get TP1 only.

TOTAL PIPS FOR THIS CHART = +105 PIPS.

Here is the 2nd chart >>>

Both trades on this chart are simple and require no explanation.

TOTAL PIPS FOR THIS CHART = +90