The finest in trend trading

The last trade is now considered (grey area) >>>

Again, this chart is full of labels and needs careful explanation…:wink:

The CBL is drawn in black from the extreme candle + 2nd candle.

This line is above the mid BB - we cut it in half (shown in blue).

The entry is made in the yellow candle and hits TP1 for 2 contracts of 32 pips each after spread.
The stoploss is moved to break even.

The trade moves on to TP2=56 pips after spread.

Profit = (2x32)+56 = 120 pips.

We now look for a trade back to the lower BB.

Our extreme candle is the TP2 candle - it is too big.
We cut it in half and make that our CBL entry - shown with the blue dashed line.

We enter the next red candle at the OPEN (90.28) and hit TP1 with 2 contracts with a profit of 14 pips each after spread.
That is a TOTAL of 28 pips.

We move the stoploss to break even and this trade backfires into an RO price action type which is untradeable.

OK, that finishes the whole 4 hour chart senario.

In the next post I will add up all the profits. :slight_smile:

Here is the full chart again with the total pips gained from each section shown >>>

The GRAND TOTAL then, is +216 pips profit. :slight_smile:

This profit is gained using the 2 contract entry method and, is stress free. :slight_smile:

It is now very late here again, and I will deal with the 1 hour chart section tomorrow. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I have watched with some distress as some contributors to this system began adding in “just one or two” indicators to what should be first and foremost a brilliant naked trend trading system. I applaud Tymen for ‘putting his foot down’ and getting us back to this orthodoxy.

Indicators suck. :stuck_out_tongue:

John (Merchantprince)

[I]“Nobody can be exactly like me. Even I have trouble doing it.”[/I]

You said it merchantprince!

I honestly don’t know why I code them.

Hi Tymen and all,

your last posts made me happy cause I staid since 1 month on this same way, and it’s what you explained again today, i am sure now to have well understand and confirm good winning method, thanks again Tymen

Greg

Greetings to everyone,

I have been following this thread from its inception, and have even posted here before, but unfortunately the demands of my A-Level exams have dominated any free time I would have liked to dedicate to Forex for the past month and a half.

Fortunately enough, my last exam is next week, after which time I will be ready to employ the ‘naked trading method’ to its fullest capacity.

How rude of me, [B]welcome back Tymen[/B], for when you departed for the countryside I too had to depart…to my textbooks. :stuck_out_tongue: It is also good to see that we have many individuals who have stuck with the thread, as well as some new faces, especially [B]Graviton[/B] whose useful tips have augmented Tymen’s presentations very well.

However, I noticed previously that an EA was coded which had the functionality to hide stop-losses and take-profit levels if I understand correctly. At first I did not understand why this needed to be done, but with some searching I was informed of an alleged practice called stop loss hunting. If such a practice has any grain of truth (which perhaps is why an EA providing such features was coded), would it affect our CBL/Naked Trading Method?

Thanks in advance,
xXTrizzleXx

Tymen,
When you were reviewing Guppy’s 3 candle Count Back Line Entry method did you also consider tailoring the 3 candle Count Back Line Exit to pick the optimal exit point? If it was tweaked the way you have developed the CBL with BB, would it provide a better way to pick exits?

Quick question on this one:

[B]Tymen do you create the final PDF alone? [/B]

I’m actually already working on specific graphics for the final pdf and also wrote down my ideas on how such a final “book” should be structured and look like.

I think [B]Merchantprince [/B]and some others will also offering help there.

I dont know how you did this on your last pdf “The ultimate candlestick trading method”, because that was before my time.
Anyway i really would like to have this PDF look like a professional trading-book and as far as i can see we have a great, great combination of various skills and talents around. This should be possible for us. :slight_smile:

Hi tymen, thank you for your detailed explanation. So am i right to say when you use CBL entry you do not look at the higher TF to see if the trend is trending up or down? You just apply it to the current TF.

And also one small thing, you mentioned earlier you would wait for the opp BB to contract before entering? But i think you mentioned few post back that it is not required? Ahh :eek:

Ahh, finally found that post. Did i misunderstood something? Cus you mention we need not concern ourselves with the opp outer BB.

And also, we would trade in the direction of the major trend in a higher TF.
But from your previous examples, you simply trade long or short give the CBL opportunities given. So do we look at higher TF to improve our odds? Or we can simply just did what you did. By trading when CBL entry appear? :slight_smile:

(in reality, if the price action goes against you, it is best to close the trade at about half of the stoploss instead of letting the price go all the way down to the red line.)

This 50% PCI stop idea is very simple, yet improves profitability by 50-300% in backtest (Daily, multiple pairs, 2009 to now). :smiley:

Great trade didilut, well done!

I see you’ve used a CBL entry this time! :smiley:

Just to confirm …we now make the PCI SL 50% of the last swing hi/low then?

Iron thank you, I have learned the lesson of the entry …:smiley:
The aim is to show businesses consistent throughout our Tymen, with a little mixing Graviton …:slight_smile:
Regards, Didier:)

[IMG] http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae121/didilut/tymenadn31chfjpy.gif [/ IMG]

Can i make this entry???..:confused:

What does the red X and yellow arrows mean on these screen shots? Can you post the indicator for this. Thanks

Thank you to [B]Merchantprince [/B]and [B]IronHeart[/B]. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Yes, I am trying to keep the current theme of this thread - naked trading!! :wink: