The finest in trend trading

Hello, I love your avatar, I have the same cat at home, but he does not practice the Rubbix Cube, fortunately, since I can not solve this puzzle.:smiley:
Seriously, thank you for the return on backtests that are encouraging to learn patience on TF 4 hours or day.
Regards, Didier:)

[I]from an earlier broadcast message I sent to all members of BB DNA Chat:
[/I]

Greetings,

Although many of us have been enjoying the whiteboard and desktop sharing features available on our BB DNA Vyew Site we have been handicapped a bit by the 10-person user limit of the free version of the Vyew service. Many have suggested I take donations to enable the paid version of the service.

After checking the numbers, it seems that a donation of $5 per person once every three months would sufficiently cover enough slots so that, regardless of how many users log on, we will always have enough room (with priority given to the paid donators, of course).

Later today I hope to have an email address registered with PayPal solely for the purpose of receiving $5 donations towards the paid version of the whiteboard. Soon, the default user type for the whiteboard will revert to “Viewer”, with only those who donated having “Collaborator” and “Moderator” rights. This will insure that such members will always have priority when accessing the board, particularly for the desktop sharing webinars hosted by Tymen and others.

As a side-note, BB DNA Chat earlier today reached 100+ members! I soon will be arranging for the paid version of this chat room, guaranteeing it remain open for the next 12 months. Thanks to all who contribute on a daily basis to make this an active community discussing forex trading and the Bollinger Band DNA method.

• John (Merchantprince)

Hi guys - very interesting stuff :slight_smile:

Can some one point me in the direction of the latest pdf file in the attachments please.

I would like to have a read up on this method

Regards

paul

Tymen1
I have just recently been reading this forum and find it very interesting and informative.
Thank you for all the work and time you have contributed to helping those of us who are new to FX trading.
I seem to have missed something in my reading. I do not understand the terms EA and PCI. Sorry to display my ignorance in my very first post, but then as to the meaning of these two terms, I am. Could someone please inform me as to the meaning of these two terms?

I do not understand the terms EA and PCI. Sorry to display my ignorance in my very first post, but then as to the meaning of these two terms, I am. Could someone please inform me as to the meaning of these two terms.

Below is a response from Tyman on another thread concerning PCI.

EA stands for Expert Advisior which allows for automated trading possibilities.

PCI = power, computer, internet.

Any of these can fail.
A power failure can be catered for with a power back up.
Of course, a laptop is a great solution to this.

A computer failure requires a second computer.

2 laptops will stop the power/computer failures.
However, the 3rd problem, the internet, is not so easily solved.
You can have 2 ISP’s but I have known the server from the broker to fail.
Then you can do nothing but use the phone.

In my case, my mobile and landline phones are on hotline standby to my broker dealing desk, should anything break down.

During a severe thunderstorm, the best solution would be not to trade and disconnect power and internet lines from a desktop system.
Laptops with wireless internet, could of course, keep going.

An expensive ultimate solution would be to use 2 laptops (one on standby), both with wireless internet to 2 different ISP’s.
A PCI stop loss is on all your trades.
A mobile phone is on hotline standby to the dealing desk if the whole show packs in.

In summary then, use a PCI stop loss on your trades to protect them from a margin call.
If the system breaks down, you then have peace, and can use the telephone in the meantime until you get things up and running again.

Thankyou Tymen for you massive efforts,

I have taken an entire week to catch up. I am relatively new to Forex Trading however i have completed a great Tech analysis subject with Kaplan (Australia) as part of my Grad Dip in applied finance. I have also just recently graduated from babypips school.

I was a little worried when you said this isn’t for novices but i find it very simple to follow and really is a very uncomplicated system when you look at the parts.

i have only had time for 4 trades, 1 was against the higher tf trend. All reached TP1 and 2 reached TP2. wasn’t lucky enough to have any walks yet.

i plan to continue demoing for a little while yet to hone my skills but wish to thankyou for everything you have taught me. My knowledge of bollinger bands has grown exponentially since reading this thread.

Hi all

Tymen will be on whiteboard in one hour regarding the time of my post, see you there

Greg

Today I have added the following capabilities:

[ul]
[li]Turn on/off Grid trading
[/li][li]Use mid BB and outer BB for TP1 and TP2
[/li][li]Scripts to easily add the trend lines
[/li][/ul]

YouTube - The Finest in Trend Trading - Grid Trading EA - Part III

The Take Profit lines will now follow the BB lines if “BandsTrading” is set to 1.

Final_Tymen_Variable_SL_Bands.ex4.zip (41 KB)

Hi Tymen

Id just like to thanks for the awesome thread, I have been following it religiously and I am constantly learning new things.

and for a newbie its has been very easy to follow, hope to start my manually trading soon using the Tymen techniques, but for now i have some BOTS! doing the work, so il stick to the demo accounts:)

Regards

New Tymen video lesson on Stop Loss

The Finest in Trend Trading - Tymen example 2 on Vimeo

Man seriously Dodge:
[B]YOU’RE DA MAN![/B] :smiley:

Thank you once again Dodge. It seems like there is nothing you can’t do.

The Enter Buy Stop and Enter Sell Stops work fine for me in real time trading(DEMO as always, because I don’t trade with mt4). The addition of TP1 and TP2 with auto BB band tracking is wonderful. I only wish Oanda supported this type of functionality as I have to do all this manually (not easy when you need to sleep).

I’m not exactly sure how to use the Limit scripts but will work it soon.

However, I seem having trouble with the Strategy Tester. Is there a conflict if you are trying to do backtesting with the EA when it is already running real time on a few pairs?

No 2 is the correct answer - it is the extreme candle and is too long so we cut it in half.

I have viewed the video that [B]DodgeV83 [/B]has posted.

I see that I need to wait a little longer between certain actions that I do.

These presentations should get better as we go along. :slight_smile:

Welcome to new readers [B]Punta, Candoso, Nomad[/B], and [B]Vangio[/B].

I do give you people fair warning that you have a lot of catching up to do.

But never mind, at the end of all this there will be two PDF’s outlining the methods…

1. The Bollinger DNA method.

2. The Bollinger Macro method.

Thanks Tymen

All your help is very much appreciated.

Looking forward to reading the pdf stuff :slight_smile:

Does this mean you are going to add in PSAR and STARC band trailing stop options into your EA as well? :smiley: (for backtesting purposes only)

This thing will be enormous by the time you finish it. :eek:

I used to use PSAR and STARC for trailing stops when I started out trading but let it fall by the way side as they don’t work very well in a ranging market.

genius! lol.

Page 275, post 2740, you will find a copy of the informer, he repainted attention …:wink:
Regards, Didier.

Thank you for the congratulations, but this will demand much time and attention, but it’s very profitable.:stuck_out_tongue:
Today I was a bit busy, and I left work the Final EA Tymen our Awesome Dodge has developed, and I just see that Dodge has further enhanced his ass …
Dodge is really impressive is a magician, as I say, a magician, a phenomenon !!!:eek::slight_smile:
Good trades.
Regards, Didier.