The finest in trend trading

Comments and remarks are made welcome

Dodge Sorry, I meant ā€œbeastā€, but my poor English was playing tricks.
A thousand apologies for the ugly word ā€¦
Regards, Didier.

Reviews and comments welcome
Regards, Didier:)

Thanks for the ea and the scripts :slight_smile:

I have had a play with it on alpari in demo and when I load the scripts i get the message unknown symbol name in OrderSend function.

Any idea why i am getting this??

The EA will give those messages when a trade is made and the ā€œAltTradeWithā€ and ā€œAltTradeOppositeā€ fields are blank. Itā€™s nothing to worry about, but Iā€™ll be sure to change the logic in my next update so this wonā€™t happen :slight_smile:

Dodge I have been having trouble with your EA but itā€™s me trying to learn how to backtest, not your EA. I tried to copy your movements to a T on your latest video. What happens is I draw the entry price trend line and name it sst or bst or whatever and then draw a stoploss trendline and name it. When the testing starts it hits the entry line and it changes to green like itā€™s supposed to and Iā€™m in the trade but there is no mid BB or Outer BB lines showing up. And when it crosses the stop loss line nothing happens. I changed the input to Grid trading 0 and band trading 1. Have googled lots of lessons on using MT4 backtester but Iā€™m pulling my hair out trying to get your fantastice EA to work. Thank you for any help you can provide and thank you for all the support you havep provided on this thread.:slight_smile:

I canā€™t think of any reason why this would happen. Can you post step-by-step screenshots of what youā€™re doing? One screenshot of your Expert Properties (in the Strategy Tester), one screenshot of your Strategy Tester settings, and one screenshot of the price going through a stoploss line without exiting. This should help me figure out the problem.

In the Expert Settings under Strategy Tester, you should only change the settings under the ā€œValueā€ tab, and donā€™t check any of the left checkboxes.

It does not seem as if the ea is picking up the sell/buy stop orders as well.

i have it set at 1% risk - bands 1 and grid on 0 - is there anything else I need to change?

Nope, you can post some screenshots as well and Iā€™ll help you both :slight_smile:

I have clicked buy stop on the 4hr and this is what comes up - no buy stop orders are sent to the terminal. The lines just stay as they are and nothing happens.

If I do it on a 5 min charts I just cannot see the lines as they are very far apart and miles away from the price. So I then have to go out to a much longer TF to find them to adjust.

I am using alpari uk demo mode

I donā€™t see anything wrong in that screenshot. The BuyStop is not supposed to be sent to the terminal. When price goes past the green line, a trade will be entered.

If you use the script on a 5 minute chart, just click and drag the right price column until you see the lines, then drag them down.

Does this help?

Wow Didier,

I see youā€™re having a lot of success trading the ā€œdo not trade areasā€ congratulations, being a novice iā€™ll try and start with the squeezes befor moving onto the more risky trades.

Tymen -

I hear you had a great second lesson today on the whiteboard, this time on the Macro method.

Since no one else seems to be able to record these lessons, maybe I can teach you how to record the screen yourself?

In my opinion, asking people to pay money to a paypal account (I understand itā€™s not you who is proposing this) so more people can see your lessons is counter-productive. From what Iā€™ve seen, very little discussion occurs during your presentations. Considering this, the value-added from presenting in front of a ā€œlive audienceā€ is almost nil, and definitely does not outweigh the costs.

Think about it Tymen, you are severely limiting your audience by presenting new information in a room where only 9 other people can watch. Even if we get people to pay a monthly fee, it will still be limited by:

[ol]
[li]Whoever is available at the time you are presenting
[/li][li]The horrible lag between your voice and the screen movements
[/li][li]Hoping someone is there who can get the recording for everyone else
[/li][li]Any network issues during the presentation
[/li][/ol]

If, however, I can show you how to record your own screen using [B]free[/B] software, then upload to a [B]free[/B] video website, your audience will be immeasurable! People 5 years from now will be able to look back on this thread and view your video lessons, cheering joyously as the pips rain down from CBL lines they never saw, but were always right under their nose :slight_smile:

Ultimately, this segregation of your lessons will serve to dramatically lower the audience who can learn from the lesson and irrevocably damage the long-term value of your content. Please consider an alternative method to display your videos to the world :cool:

Diderā€™s trades sure are magical.

Iā€™m going on a limb here but I think Diderā€™s success could be attributable to checking the higher TF trend.

I have been doing a lot of backtesting lately (my regards go to Dodge for his amazingly sophisticated EA) and will be posting my results for both the 2 contract strategy and the multi-lot strategy for Tymenā€™s single TF orthodox 2-CBL method.

DodgeV83 thanks for the EA and the continous updates to make it better. Iā€™m thinking about moving to MT4 but Iā€™m not sure because I really like GFTā€™s interface. Do you actually use Interbank as your real broker, if not which one do you use. I wish your EA could be transferred over to GFTā€™s interface if at all possible. Tymen since you use GFT is there anyway of recreating this for that interface. It would be greatful if this could happen. Does anyone else use GFT with this method besides Tymen.

[B]Tymen,[/B] or any other [B]experienced user of the method,[/B]

I am quite comfortable trading areas with level Bollinger Bands - [I]the squeeze areas[/I], but I seem to notice a reduction in the win/loss ratio when trading the ā€œno-tradeā€ areas.

I wanted to know if it was just me who had such observations, and I just wanted to double check that the only addition to the regular method for trading such areas is that we need to confirm that the outer Bollinger Band has contracted?

If so, is it [I]recommended[/I] to trade these areas at all? Do they compensate with a higher risk/reward ratio? :eek:

Thanks in advance for any clarification,
xXTrizzleXx

Can you post step-by-step screenshots of what youā€™re doing? One screenshot of your Expert Properties (in the Strategy Tester), one screenshot of your Strategy Tester settings, and one screenshot of the price going through a stoploss line without exiting.

1st Screenshot: PA triggered the sst trendline and then went through sell stop trendline without triggering.

Settings

That doesnā€™t look like a proper SellStop line. Double click the link to select it, then Right Click -> Trendline Properties and tell me what it says under ā€œNameā€. Also, click and drag the right column (price) down to compress the chart so I can see there isnā€™t a real ā€œSellStopLossā€ line hiding up there.

Just captured a Tymen recording, where he made a live trade :smiley:

fixing linkā€¦