The finest in trend trading

Don’t know if this makes any difference but when I pull over the new Scripts onto the chart that you created nothing happens. The black writing appears in the upper right corner but no sell/buy lines appear on the chart. I downloaded another demo account from another broker just to see If I had some setting screwed up but it does not work on either platform. Obviously it’s working for others but they are probably much more familiar that I with EA’s. I’m just learning. Thanks for your help and sorry to Tymen for cluttering the thread.

1. There should be no spaces on the “SellStopLoss” line

Mine is “SellStopLoss”

yours is “Sell Stop Loss”

1. It doesn’t look like you’re in a trade, at least on this chart. So you shouldn’t expect a SellStopLoss line to do anything here. Take screenshots of the whole MT4 screen, not just the chart window and I’ll be able to see this more clearly in the future.

[QUOTE=DodgeV83;196782]1. There should be no spaces on the “SellStopLoss” line

Mine is “SellStopLoss”

yours is “Sell Stop Loss”

Thanks, got that fixed. Any way to make it trade mini lots instead of standard?

Just use 0.01 or whatever for the Lots value. It depends on how your MT4 is setup so I cannot give a definitive answer on this one, but you can do it.

Careful, careful not to rush.:eek::wink:

I just downloaded the final tymen, cant wait to learn it over the weekend.

Thank you for making it.

Just saw tymen1’s second video, very informative, thank you Tymen1.

Nice to see how this thread keeps on progressing.

Red

Sorry about that, had to fix the link. Tymen makes a live trade in this exmaple :smiley:

The Finest in Trend Trading - Tymen example 3

Hello n0mad, several factors come into play in this trade.
A higher external to the BB
I draw a CBL 2 candles, because I’m against the trend short term, and I definitely want to avoid a retracement
I know that the long-term trend is bearish since November 2009
I’m a level of resistance already tested
The European news is bad, the rating of Spain has lower:eek:
So there’s a good chance that my trade is a winner and go test the historical support 2006
It is unfortunate that I had to take time off because I could pyramiding up and make a trade of hell:eek::cool:
Again thank you for Dodge v83 for his tremendous EA
Regards, Didier

Sorry I have not got back to you before - it was past my bedtime :slight_smile:

The problem is that nothing happens when prices does go through the line.

I have looked at the journal and it says buy stop tymen loaded successfully and then at the same time it says buy stop tymen removed.

see screen shots

New video and new EA is up.

YouTube - The Finest in Trend Trading - Grid Trading EA - Part IV - The Anti Drag

I call this the Anti_Drag. You can now drag your blt/bst/slt/sst lines over current price without the EA entering “a ridiculous” amount of trades while dragging. This is useful if something happens and you suddenly want to execute the trade.

Final_Tymen_Variable_SL_Bands_Anti_Drag.ex4.zip (41.1 KB)

Great - do you EVER sleep :slight_smile:

Totally agree. I know its probably easier to teach using the whiteboard but I feel I am missing out unless I can see a recording of some kind, especially if lessons are now being taught 1st using the whiteboard.

Ironheart hello, I think we’ve started reading this thread at the same time unbelievable.
What progress, for me anyway, then the opening of this thread by master of us all: Tymen!:cool:
The trades are not magical, far from it, but Tymen gave us a fabulous tool, and we adapt to our style, and we feel good.
I try, when I have free time, a trader in live conditions, because nothing can replace the decision I’m taking now, immediately analyzing the parameters of my plan, and share it with everyone.:stuck_out_tongue:
I have a big handicap, my mastery of the English language does not allow me to watch live, online chat or because I have read, or listen to one, two, three times to understand and digest what is happening and what said.
My contribution is therefore limited to trying to set up trades in live conditions, and share.
Good trades to all, a very good weekend for everyone.
Regards, Didier:)

I also agree for the reasons I stated above, I prefer to have time to look, listen, and try to understand.:frowning:
Unfortunately for me, I can not properly follow a live conversation, and to assimilate, and possibly ask questions.:confused:
For me the video to calm take its full meaning, but this will represent my opinion.
Regards, Didier:)

I’m a long-time trader/lurker (not to be confused with a GOOD trader) and first-time poster with a quick question about time frame recommendations.

It looks like the back test results on 4 hour and day charts are solid:

Has anyone completed back testing on the 1 hour yet? I have ran tests on the shorter timeframes (15 min, 30 min) out of curiousity and I absolutely agree with Tymen and NorwegianBlue – too much erratic price action here, even with relatively stable pairs. What looks like a bounce off the BB in a shorter TF clearly becomes a downward walk in a longer TF. I suspect that if you really wanted to trade the shorter TF’s with this method you would need to use longer CBLs and additional candlestick analysis to weed out the fake bounces.

I’m planning on setting up a back-test for the 1 hour next, and then trying it out on demo.

Great thread! Much more informative than any book I’ve ever read on trading. Thanks Tymen!

I don’t enter trades in the “No Trade Zones”, but I’ll usually follow a trade to the end, so if I start out of a squeeze , and it moves into the no trade zone, I follow the bb walk to the end. So the way I interpret it, the no trade zone is just don’t enter a trade there.

Great work Dodge as always! Question, are we supposed to load the 4 mq4 files into the experts folder as well?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Scripts should go into the /installationfolder/experts/scripts directory.

Anyone willing to put up some pair analysis this weekend?

I know I was wrong last weekend, but practice makes for some pips in the end.

Maybe we can find a nice long trade. I would put up one for Euro/GBP but I will be gone all weekend drilling with the Guard.

I will say that I think it will go pretty smooth until 77249 which is a nice weekly s/r line.

Sorry i don’t have time for charts.

:eek:

:stuck_out_tongue: