The finest in trend trading

Ahh, yes i totally forgot that! Ok my bad.
In your opinion, would you consider that a BB walk? Or a start of BB walk?

Just updated my EA to address 2 issues:

[ul]
[li]Using BandsTrading slows down backtesting speed
[/li][li]Canā€™t take outer BB walks with BandsTesting
[/li][/ul]

YouTube - The Finest in Trend Trading - Grid Trading EA - Part VI - The Walk

Final_Tymen_Variable_SL_Bands_Anti_Drag_Dual_wait.ex4.zip (55.5 KB)

Could anyone share their inputs on this trade?
Would most of you stay out of it as both the outer BB are expanding?

Thanks.

In this case there is for me (ā€¦) several options:
What is it: GMT???
If the time is right for me, (London meeting), I would take an entry that will scream Tymen, namely the middle of the previous candle CBL (ouch. Tymen ā€¦ sorry) :eek:because I trade against the trend.
If the London session is closed, then wait and see, for entering a trade that does not fill all the conditions of my trading plan does not suit me.:stuck_out_tongue:
A wise man said "no trade is also trade "!!!:cool:
This is only my opinion of little apprentice, but itā€™s mine ā€¦
Regards, Didier

There are 2 prime reasons why you canā€™t take this trade anytime soon:

• BBs are not yet contracting.

• Even if the BBs start contracting, you are in a no trade zone.

Thereā€™s a risk that this may even turn into a sausage.

The way I trade sausages is to wait for a retracement on the 4HR and make an entry on a squeeze on a lower TF in the direction of the main trend.

Fartist, could you close the windows that Iā€™ve marked, and also put on a single line your commands.:smiley:
Youā€™ll see much better your graph, and we too, which allows a better view on the whole.
The important thing is to trade the Graph, and not the tools and commands that are around.:wink:
Regards, Didier.

Ah ok iā€™ll take note of that! Thank you.
And yes its GMT :smiley:

ANd ironheart, it would be a no trade zone because the PA did not manage to hit the opp BB?

A No Trade Zone is defined as the retracement to the mid-BB of a bubble or a sausage. In fact, the whole sausage itself cannot be traded according to Tymenā€™s rules.

What you have on your chart looks like a bubble beginning to form, so the retracement trade taken as a result of this bubbleā€™s contraction would be a No-Trade-Zone.

Tymen specifically advised not to trade these areas unless you have tested them properly in real-time and are confident about a positive expected result over the long run from these retracement trades.

The probability of a successful retracement trade is increased by looking at a higher TF and seeing if the main trend in that timeframe is in line with the desired direction of your trade.

My own testing has shown that if Iā€™m not careful in taking retracement trades, they cause large drawdowns. :eek:

Ah icic, thank you very much for your inputs. I have learnt something from it :smiley:
Anyway i didnt take that trade, cus was uncertain, so decided to sit it out and post here and hear what you guys think.

Hi guys sorry for my tons of qns on cbl entries.
From my understanding this would be a tradeable zone.
However as we can see, there is a really slight BB walk, or isit even a BB walk as there are only a few wicks penetreting the outer BB.

So do i just follow tymen rules per cbl entry? Or do we not take this trade as well because a BB walk might be forming? thanks!

Hi Fartist, this is one of those trades that I would most likely take - depending on the size of the SL.

The outer BB looks like its caving inwards and the Mid-BB isnā€™t too steep and is showing potential to become level.

My CBL entry would be a standard 2CBL from the most extreme black candle on your chart.

If the SL is around 50-70 pips, Iā€™ll take the trade. Over 90 pips and I wonā€™t take it.

These are just my own rules from my own backtesting.

Hi guys, Iā€™ve a question on CBL entry too, would you take this trade? This is the current usd/cad 4hrs chart.

oh, and cheers to those that answered my queries earlier.

Ok thanks, guess its pretty subjective at times too.

Hi guys
Im confused at times, like when do we consider PA a BB walk?
For any specific number of wicks to hit the outter BB, like more than 4?

Because there are times whereby im in a tradeable zone, but it seems like a bubble/sausage maybe forming as quite a number of wicks has it the outter BB.

Could anyone clarify on this? Thanks!

Example would be the AJ trade above.

Personally i noticed that the lesser the number of wicks hit the outter BB, the higher the chance of a trade going well. 1 or 2 would be optimal.

However when there is 3 or 4, thatā€™s when uuncertainties kick in.

ada ighy
I use the 4H, 1H and 15m when deciding to enter
Here is a copy of USD/CAD 1h and 15m
On the 15m the green arrow and red arrow is where I would enter.
Thanks
Jack

Hi Dodge,

Not sure why but your latest few EAs all do not work for me.
When I use the scriptsā€¦i cannot see the trendlines it added (Can see it in object list) but it is not visible.

When I do the manual way, it keeps saying invalid lot size, regarding of how big/small the stops are.

I had set the risk as 3, with grid as 0 and bands as 1.

thanksā€¦

Yes, there is a rule if you can call it that. :slight_smile:

It is called a maximum chase price.
This level is exactly twice the distance of your CBL candle/candles.

After this, you are too late to enter.

Personally I would not use such a procedure.
If you are too late, thats just tough - find another trade!! :frowning:

I am very concerned that this thread is growing much too fast. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

There appears to be a lot of unnecessary material on this thread, stuff that is irrelevant.

I will comb thro since I last posted.
I may have to contact the Admin to clean up this thread.

[B]To all posters[/B] - please check from now on to see if your post is really relevant.
[B]If not donā€™t post it[/B] - you can get your immediate questions answered on the DNA chat room. :wink:

Ahh, the genius [B]IronHeart [/B]is at work again, detailing the backtesting. :slight_smile:

There is perfect complimentary work going on hereā€¦:slight_smile:

[B]DodgeV83 [/B]produces the EA for doing the testing!! :slight_smile:

[B]IronHeart [/B] then uses [B]DodgeV83ā€™s [/B]EA and produces the backtesting rusults!! :slight_smile:

The results can then be discussed on [B]Merchantlprinceā€™s [/B]chatroom/whiteboard!!
[B]
We have a powerful team working here!![/B]