The finest in trend trading

I am developing a strategy that works better in the beginning than any of these. :wink:
[B]I will post it as soon as I am ready.[/B]

Today was a holiday here and I have taken full advice from you, [B]Graviton[/B], to look after my health.
So I have takin a full day off and not posted or appeared on [B]Merchanprinceā€™s [/B]chat room.
I can say that I really very much needed the break!! :eek:

Since testing has shown that risking less on entry improves profit, Iā€™m hesitant to risk 3 lots Stop Loss entry on ā€¦

I am hesitant to risk even 2 contracts!! :smiley: :smiley:
Losing 2 contracts by hitting the stoploss is just too much to take.
Losing one contract is still OK.

I have [U]2 comments[/U] to give you - they are corrections to your diagrams!! :stuck_out_tongue:

[U]1st correction.[/U]

[B]1st, 3rd and 4th diagrams.[/B]

OO/OM/RO price action - the mid BB should be level, not sloping as you have drawn it.

[U]2nd correction.[/U]

In the above 3 diagrams, the BB is drawn too egg shape, like a football.
Draw these BB considerably flatter to go along with the level mid BB.

[B]Incorrect!![/B]

The longest thread on this forum was a thread about using a horizontal line by The Rumpled One who was later banned and his thread now deleted.

The current longest is [U]the cowabunga system.[/U] and [B]Jamesā€™ [/B]thread on trading 45/100 pips a day.

These threads were both started when I was just a newbie on this forum. :smiley:

Both trades were managed well but you cannot use ā€œgut feelingā€, it is not a recognised technical analysis approach!! :smiley: :smiley:

Instead, to detect a prospective BB walk, you keep watch of the slope of the mid BB and where the price action is.

As I said, I am developing a strategy that is based on my developmental work in the candlestick threads!! :cool: :cool:

Can someone post the link for the chat room so I can post some of my questions in their. Also what is the peak times that people are on this chat room. Thanks

Here you go

Bollinger Band DNA - FOREX Trading using the Tymen Bollinger Band Strategy

Jack

Oh really!!? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I thought I had made the high win/loss ratio quite clear at the very outset of [B]TOPIC 15.[/B]

I observed that the only time we make a Loss is when the Price Action fails to hit the Middle Bollinger Band.

Now I wonder why I tabled 4 types of price action with RO being the only loser? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This brings us to the following dilemma. Do we fore-go our [B]assured, relatively high Risk:Reward ratio[/B] by only closing one lot at TP1, ā€¦

The answer here is so simple I am surprised that no one appears to have discovered it - [U]simply delay [/U]the moving of the stoploss to break even.

I am glad you have become familiar with the term [U]ā€œrepaintā€[/U]. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Very few traders on this forum appear to know what the term means!! :eek:

This is absolutely correct.

This DNA method was intended to be traded in its fullness - to the opposite BB.
That is the strength of this method!! :wink: :wink:

As a rule, you always take the latest of the equal CBL. :wink:

However, if you have already made an entry on the first one, then you run with that and do not alter your trade.

If the mid BB is going down steeply in your chart, there is a possibility that your long trade will fail. :eek:

In this chart you are clearly at an expansion point in the BB.
There is no squeeze here.

The price action is walking the lower BB.
As it disconnects the BB, you will notice the upper (opposite) BB starting to contract - you are in a bubble.

And you are attempting to start a trade in a NO TRADE ZONE.

To verify squeezes, compare the BB width with other areas.
That is the only way to tell a squeeze.
A squeeze is any area that is not a bubble or sausage (or hybrid of the two.)

The entry on the 15 min chart is far too late!! :frowning:

The DNA method is a stand alone method and does not need the higher timeframes to validate the trade.

The trade should have been taken at the extreme candle passing thro the upper BB on the 15 min chart. :wink:

[B]OK, I have combed thro all the posts since I was last here and come to the following conclusionsā€¦[/B]

[B]The many questions asked by traders have been answered by other traders - this is a good thing and it is the best way to learn.

Howeverā€¦many of the questions and other matters are best raised on Merchantprinceā€™s chat room.

This thread, is, after all, meant to be a teaching thread, where I expound the methods and strategies.

It is possible that if the thread grows too much, the Administration may intervene and cut it down.
I have seen this happen before.

So, please make much use of the chat room and leave only the most relevant matters to this thread. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
I have my work cut out just producing the new material, let alone answering many of the questions. [/B]

The Risk is set to 3?! This corresponds directly to dollars. If you set your StopLoss line to 100 pips for example, the EA will calculate what lotsize to trade so if the StopLoss of 100 pips is hit, you will only lose $3. It likely tried to open a trade at 0.00001 lots and the server denied the trade as being too small :wink:

Either increase the risk, or wait till after the trade is taken to add the StopLoss line and the EA will use your ā€œInitial Lotsā€ and ā€œLotsā€ values to open the trade instead.

Do not be angry Tymen, itā€™s only humor ā€¦:D:D:p

At the risk of bogging the thread down more, Iā€™ll repost some info because it relates to the whole discussion of moving stops too early and getting stopped out. I know this has been discussed before, in detail, but I donā€™t think itā€™s clear to everyone. So here it is again, the (not so) top secret trick to make all this stuff work.

The market doesnā€™t move in nice steady 15 or 20 or 30 pip moves. We have to adapt to the market as it is. The market may be up 7, 12, 32, pips on an upswing, then make a breath taking 40 pip downswing clearing out stops, followed by more jagged moves up again, but thatā€™s a correct uptrend by definition.

To trend trade, you want your stop to follow an up trend always below a previous higher low, and in a downtrend stop should follow above a previous lower high. Whether itā€™s 1, 2, or 3 lows back behind price depends on how much stop you want to run.

So, to keep from getting stopped out and stay in the trend, donā€™t move to BE, take profits, or put on more lots exactly at your chosen even interval. Say itā€™s 30 pips in a downtrend, wait until the price establishes a lower high, in the neighborhood of 30 pips, then stair step your stop down and put another lot on, move to BE or take profit. It may be 17 pips one time and 43 the next time, but thatā€™s the way the market moves.

If Iā€™m trading the 1H chart, Iā€™ll usually drop down to the 15M or even 5M chart to clearly see the new highs or lows forming. When starting in a trade, I want my stop on the other side of at least the last high or low. The CBL entry allows you to do that from the beginning of the trade. As the trade develops, I will put more new highs or lows between my stop and the price to give it more room to breathe.

Note that when Iā€™m trading the 1H chart, Iā€™m just looking for a cheap entry to a longer term trade. If I donā€™t get that cheap entry, I settle for small pips and try again. But that just suits me. Others will trade differently.

My point is, move your stops and put new lots on with the marketā€™s new lows or highs to keep from being stopped out. That might be 20 pips on one lot and 45 on the next, but thatā€™s the way the market works.

Tymen went through all this before, but itā€™s so important Iā€™m repeating it.

An uptrend is defined by a series of higher lows. As long as price stays above that series of higher lows, that is price doesnā€™t form a new lower low, it is still in an uptrend, no matter what head fakes it gives you. As long as your stop is positioned below that latest higher low, it is still properly positioned to stay in the uptrend. Reverse for a down trend.

Thatā€™s what makes this all work, for me at least. Try it, itā€™s great fun :smiley:

Hope this helps someone. Happy trading.

Ok tymen, correct me if im wrong. As long as we have say 3 wicks hitting out of the BB, we can consider it a BB walk and thus a no trade zone.
However should we want to trade in a no trade zone, we must ensure that the OPP BB has started contracting before we make an entry.

I thought the risk was a %. or I needed to add the % sign?

Thanks Dodge. Hope to get your EA working for me soon so that I can backtest and practice what I have learnt from Tymen and Graviton :slight_smile:

:o opps. I thought you were using 3 on RiskDollars :rolleyes:

Try entering trades without the Risk being involved. To do this, donā€™t set your BuyStopLoss line until the trade has entered. Just use a bst line, for example, then when the trade enters, move your BuyStopLoss line to where you want it. The trade will execute using your ā€œInitialLotsā€ value.

Your broker likely doesnā€™t allow you to enter fractions of a lot.