The finest in trend trading

Hey fartist, bubbles (retracement trades) were our area of focus at the beginning but we were later advised not to trade them due to the low win/loss ratio that some were experiencing.

Please have a look at Tymen’s last post on improving the winning ratio of retracement trades. I have just begun testing and integrating Tymen’s latest ideas into my own trading plan and preliminary results are looking good!

If you feel comfortable with these retracement trades after doing some backtesting and forwardtesting, then what’s stopping you? :slight_smile:

Hello everyone,

I am so far back in this thread…page 278. However, I just wanted to thank Tymen for this. I have been demo’ing the CBL DNA and it is extremely attractive if I stay at 30 mins and up adhere strongly to the rules.

Now I am a newbie, from the stock option world, so maybe that does not mean as much. Anyway, even if this changes in the next hundred pages I have to read, I have learned so much from many of you.

Thanks! :smiley:

Hi, you mean using the new bollinger band with std 1?
It has quite a high success rate but the r:r is pretty low compared to in a squeeze.

What’s more im unsure about placing my SL.
Because the entry could be many pips away from the cbl as with need to fulfil the criteria of a smaller body this time round.

Hey go back one page and grab my PDF, it contains mainly the “meat” of the system, you will miss the side discussions but will speed up your learning.

Hi Hordane,
Nice to know someone still has time for the newbies around here. I got your take on how to install the EA but now am having problems with the settings. Is the any YOU TUBE video here that discusses the setting or any post at all that explains “what to tick and what not to tick.”

Thanks again
ADE

Thanks Hordane,

I have moved through by scrolling fast and really only focusing on Tymen (since he often quotes previous posts). I have that cool pic by NForex, various PDFs and such. I have also bookmarked and reread over and over various posts. I missed yours though. I will check that out. :slight_smile:

This is great stuff!

EDIT: Holy cow Hordane! That PDF is really nice.

[QUOTE=IronHeart;197134]I’ve made some diagrams that explain my plan a little better. I pre-emptively apologise to Tymen if I’m steering discussions off course.

Over the past few weeks, I have followed both Tymen’s rules and Graviton’s wisdom to carry out multi-timeframe analysis and make entries based on Tymen’s CBL method.

From my experiences so far, it has been very difficult to ride a trend out properly and make large pips due to the short term price fluctuations that occur before price decides to make a determined move up or down.
A large percentage of the time, my analysis is correct - BUT, even if I make a good CBL entry, I have no guarantee about future price action.

The largest issue thus far has been the middle Bollinger Band - a large percentage of the time, price will hit the mid-line and retrace. If my entry is too close to the mid-BB, my 2-lot strategy makes only TP1 before my SL at the entry line is hit.
On these trades, the multi-lot technique works better, since its SL isn’t moved until PA is a reasonable distance away from the mid-BB.

On the flip-side, if my entry is a far distance away from the mid-BB, the retrace often takes out the multi-lot strategy, whereas the 2-lot strategy performs better, since its SL is further away.

Here is a trade on the EURJPY 4H using Tymen’s multiple-lot entry strategy, which uses 2 lots to enter and exits 1 lot at the first milestone, which I have selected as +50 pips. Pyramiding begins at +100 pips, which is where another lot is added and the SL is adjusted accordingly to only risk 50 pips.

Notice on the above chart that after price reaches +100 (at which point the SL is changed to the +50 point), a retrace occurs and takes the trade out.
In this case, the total profit is +50 pips.
It’s unfortunate that we are no longer in this trade, which carries on going in our desired direction.

Now notice the same trade with the 2-lot strategy.

IronHeart,

This looks like a reverse trend trade which a bounce off the MidLine is the norm. I do not use a stoploss this tight and normally don’t use one at all. I would sell at any retrace across the MidLine and enter the trade again if I was confident of the move down. The price of the commission is better then a stoploss.

I’m new to this thread and do not know exactly how you’re determining the trade other then the Bols but the question that comes to mind is did you know where the trade was going before you actually made the trade? I do not know your trading experience but to many newbies this sounds impossible. To an experienced trader this is basic before making the trade.

There are many factors that can create this bounce off the middle and one being the fact many traders sell as I do on the retrace in a counter trend trade. I do not suggest counter trend trades unless you are confident of the PA moving through the middle line. Having only your chart to make a decision I would agree this was a good trade but still not enough to tell me how far it was going down. A lot of moves take two times to complete the move as this one did in your example.

With the two contracts you might calculate the profit by selling both on the retrace and re-entering on the downward move. I also suggest that moving your stoploss as you did is not a wise decision on this type of trade as the outcome is quite normal. A better move would have been to set the stoploss at the middle line after the PA crossed the line and re-enter at the reverse cross or sooner. Just an idea.

Happy trading,

Johnny

Just to let you know that I am still here but taking a break.

I am downloading my old LP records onto my computer so that they last forever and I can dispose of a heap of record player equipment.

Very interesting work!!

I will answer the new posts tomorrow, especially that of [B]Richardj [/B] regarding Grace - he should have come online earlier!! :smiley:

Trust everyone is making pips!!

:smiley: I am right now on page 177, today I have read around 30 pages, and I am suffering your move :-D, but I am lucky because I do not have to wait so much, just continue reading.

Although I am asnwering to you, I am not reading any regarding to the main topic, I do not want to mix my learning, and I just want to follow the teacher order :wink:

Regards to everyone, I hope to be online soon.

P.D. By the way, one question or best to say feedback. I am using oanda as FX program. What do you thing about them? Compare with GFT (that of course I opened my demo account thro Kinectic) it is limited but it is very easy to use for newbies…

Richardj

I can’t post the link since I don’t have 50 posts yet, but go to Dodge’s youtube video and above the video you will see a link that says “See all X Videos”. Click it and find the original EA youtube video and work back from there for settings.

For basic grid trading you don’t need to change any settings. If you want Band to Band (TP1 mid BB and TP2 outter), then set Band Trading to 1 and Grid Trading to 0.

The ATR options are a little more advanced but explained in one the youtube videos.

The EA is not easy to use, especially for those who are new to Forex or not very technical. I’m simply sharing the EA I personally use, I did not create this for ease-of-use in mind.

That being said, you can watch my videos from here on to get an idea of what I’m doing and how to use it:

YouTube - DodgeV83’s Channel

Good luck!

The word “forever” should never be applied to data which resides on your computer…unless you have backups :slight_smile:

Think of it this way, in the years you’ve owned your LPs and record players, how many computers have you had crash and burn on you, destroying all data?

You might want to keep those record players around…just incase :stuck_out_tongue:

Page 191… I will keep all of you informed once a day how far am I from the online moment…

Hi all, i have one qns.
In the chart above, clearly we are in a squeeze at the rectangle.
However, we would not take the trade as we can’t tell if the sausage will continue?

Therefore it would be wiser to enter if the PA hits the area at the circle?

Thanks.

Hi all, sorry for my questions again.
I would like to clarify, above in the circle our cbl entry would be the first candle in the circle right?

That is because we never lower our cbl entry when going short, and never raise our cbl entry when going long.

So even though the 2nd candle is a more extreme candle with a higher wick, our cbl entry is still the first candle lower wick?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi all, i have one qns.
In the chart above, clearly we are in a squeeze at the rectangle.
However, we would not take the trade as we can’t tell if the sausage will continue?

Therefore it would be wiser to enter if the PA hits the area at the circle?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Thank you [B]Didier[/B], for answering [B]Fartist’s [/B]questions. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Again, takes the strain off me.

I will answer your personal email soon. :slight_smile:

Thank you to [B]DodgeV83[/B], for continuing to post here. :slight_smile:

To [B]Richardj [/B]and all others interested about Grace…

[B]Grace moved to Valencia, gave me an address there, then started to plug me to send her money.
I suspected a scam, so I sent her nothing.
Then after I finished moving home, I received another email from her, in which she accused me of being uncaring.
I replied, telling her that I had already advised her that I was moving[/B].

Then [B]Didier [/B][B]came to the rescue from France, by sending some of his friends to Spain and they came right to her front door.
She was not there and everyone was suspicious - she apparently had an alias and other hidden matters emerged.[/B]After learning this from [B]Didier[/B], [B]I sent Grace another email which she replied to.

She stated that we had a case of mistaken identity, her name was correct and she had moved to Barcelona to get married and live a “comfortable life”.(apparently a Spanish person).
She stated that she no longer needed my friendship.

Upon reading that last email, I am glad that all worked out well for her, but I am also pleased that I did not help her.
Clearly, she was just trying to use me - and it failed.[/B]

Here in Australia, refugees get a much tougher treatment.
They are jailed immediately and all applications are now on hold indefinitely.
If we change government, the new government has pleged to get rid of all refugees permanently.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you didilut, i’m not trying to correct you here.
But if the cbl entry appeared at the top, won’t it have a possibility of turning into a sausage? Thus we are actually in a no trade area?

Or as long as we are in a squeeze, we can take the trades even if its on the same side as the sausage?

Sorry if my qns is unclear.
But i was stating earlier that if the PA from the sausage did not hit the top BB, instead it hit the lower BB.
It would the more ideal entry right?

As for the entry at the top, we are allowed to take it as long as we are in a squeeze?
Let me know if it’s all too confusing, thanks again.

Thank you didilut, i’m not trying to correct you here.
But if the cbl entry appeared at the top, won’t it have a possibility of turning into a sausage? Thus we are actually in a no trade area?

Or as long as we are in a squeeze, we can take the trades even if its on the same side as the sausage?

Sorry if my qns is unclear.
But i was stating earlier that if the PA from the sausage did not hit the top BB, instead it hit the lower BB.
It would the more ideal entry right?

As for the entry at the top, we are allowed to take it as long as we are in a squeeze?
Let me know if it’s all too confusing, thanks again.[/QUOTE]

Hi Fartist

I would personally take both trades that u mentioned if a valid CBLs are formed. For the first CBL that is formed, the mid BB is getting less steep, that should signal a good chance of hitting at least TP1. Case 2 is definitely safer if the bigger TF trend is going up.

Would love to hear the views from the rest too.