The finest in trend trading

That is weird…I am allowed all the way to 0.01 lots (which is essentially 1 micro lot).

Guess no choice for me then. The scripts don’t work as well. I assume for same reason? Thx anyway Dodge. Shall attempt to backtest and fine tune my entries for Tymen Method.

Dodge may have found a minor quirk with the BB trade set to on, not sure you can do anything about this. If you enter a trade with BB on say on specific TF, say 1hr, window the trade takes and all is good. If you switch to a lower TF of that pair while the EA is in the bands trade and PA is below mid BB on that lower TF, EA takes TP1 even though higher TF where you entered trade mid BB not reached.

No anger [B]Didier[/B]. :slight_smile:

I just don’t want to be seen as some kind of guru on this forum.

The real geniuses on this thread are [B]Graviton, Merchantprince, DodgeV83[/B] and [B]IronHeart[/B]. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

They are the ones who are making things happen here. :slight_smile:
I just invented a method, thats all.

I totally agree with you, [B]Graviton[/B], thanks for reposting this approach. :slight_smile:

Its a matter of moving the stoploss slowly - one candle behind the price action.
Or more than one candle behind.

Sometimes, even this does not prevent you from being stopped out. :eek:

Sometimes it is better to wait for the entire candle to be on the other side of the mid BB before any stoploss adjustment is made. :wink:

Unfortunately, your thinking is not correct here. :frowning:

3 wicks does not constitute a BB walk.

You are showing signs of complete confusion. :confused: :confused:

[B]To solve this, you need to spend some money.[/B]
You must not be afraid to part with some money for correct learning!!

So…I very strongly suggest you do what TraderAlan has done (and he is so glad he did)!!..
That is, you buy two books and study them carefully…

1. Bollinger on Bollinger Bands by John Bollinger.

2. Dynamic Technical Analysis by Philippe Cahen.

I can assure you that these writings will revolutionise your understanding of this method and you will never look back. :wink:

[B]TOPIC 16
IMPROVING THE WIN/LOSS RATIO OF THE BOLLINGER DNA METHOD.[/B]

The NO TRADE areas previously discussed are risky to trade.
Once entered, these areas often see a TP1 profit but a TP2 profit is much more difficult to obtain.
Very frequently the price action retraces so that TP2 is never attained and, on lower timeframes, TP1 may not be attained either.

[U]
[B]I propose a solution to the problems here…[/B][/U]

1. In all the NO TRADE areas, we encounter a trade against the direction of the mid BB.
    The first step is to look for this and confirm that this is so.

2. Once confirmed, we load a 2nd Bollinger band with the standard deviation set to just one deviation instead of the usual two.

3. We now use a 2 contract strategy with the usual CBL entry.

4. The TP1 is set at the 1st standard deviation.
    Once gained, the stoploss is moved (slowly) to the entry point.

5. The TP2 is set to the mid BB.

6. A possible 3rd contract could be risked (I do not recommend it), to go all the way to the opposite outer BB with the stoploss now at the mid BB.

[B][U]Special modifications.[/U][/B]

1. Because of the very short distance to TP1, many extreme candles will simply be too long for a useful entry.
    In that case we set an entry point exactly half way between the outer BB and the 1st standard deviation band.

2. To cater for strong retracements that could easily cause a loss trade, we set the stoploss (PCI stoploss), at least 10/15 pips further out from the extreme candle.
    (A third 2.5 deviation BB could be used as a guide for the stoploss).

3. It is important that this approach should be used on longer timeframes only - 1 hour upwards, so as to allow for sufficient pips to make it worthwhile.

[B]This approach will go a long way towards restoring the win/loss ratio for these NO TRADE areas.[/B] :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

A few more days with this DNA method, then I think it is time that I started to post the MACRO method.

I know that many traders have been keenly waiting for this. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thanks Tymen. Waiting eagerly for the MACRO :slight_smile:

New EA - The ATR

I have added an option to tell the EA how many decimal places to use when making trades. Set “TradeDigitsAfterDecimal” to 1 and the EA will only trade in 0.1 denominations. Set it to 2 and the EA will trade in 0.01 denominations.

Some brokers won’t let you take a trade for 1.23 lots, for example. Setting it to 1 will round down to 1.2 lots.

I have also included a highly requested option to take ATR into account when setting stops…etc. To utilize this, I there are now 10 more options:

[ul]
[li]UseATR - 1 to use ATR, 0 to not use ATR
[/li][li]AtrSLmultiplier - Set your StopLoss to a multiplier of the ATR. The EA will take the ATR setting and multiply by this number. Use 0.5 for half ATR, 2 for double ATR…etc
[/li][li]AtrInitialIncrementMultiplier - Self Explanatory
[/li][li]AtrTPmultiplier - Self Explanatory
[/li][li]ATRtimeframe - Timeframe in minutes. Valid values are 5, 15, 30, 60, 240, and 1440. Leave it to 0 for the current time frame.
[/li][li]ATRperiod - How many candles should the ATR evaluate
[/li][li]ATRshift - shift relative to the current bar the given amount of periods ago.
[/li][li]ATRTymenTakeProfitModifier - Self Explanatory
[/li][li]ATRRunningStopLossMultiplier - Self Explanatory
[/li][/ul]

You can mix and match these settings. If you want to use ATR for increments, but not StopLoss or TP, just set the increments value and leave everything else to 0 (besides ATRperiod).

There have also been some bug fixes :slight_smile:

Final_Tymen_Variable_SL_Bands_Anti_Drag_Dual_wait_digits_ATR.ex4.zip (61.2 KB)

I will look into it most defintely, thank you once again! :slight_smile:

Well, what can I say!!? :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Our genius, [B]DodgeV83 [/B]continues to add major improvements and additions to his work.

We are all indebted to him for his amazing help on this thread!! :slight_smile:

I have taken a much needed break this week to concentrate on other areas of my new life in this remote country town. :cool:

I will probably continue to do so till the end of this week.
I remember taking breaks when I was doing the candlestick thread - I have not had a rest yet from this thread.
If I dont take these breaks I will burn out, so I must do so.

This may upset some of you who are looking forward to seeing me on the whiteboard.
But I assure you that I will be back!!

I will let you know in advance of lesson times both here and in the chat room. :wink:

take your time tymen, thanks for helping study forex.
I look forward to seeing you back hopefully with some new lessons :). You may would deside to make a thread about divergence while your rest ?? :rolleyes: :slight_smile:

Tymen, may be this post is late, but I just found your thread about 2 weeks ago, and today reached your help message. This is my first post because I wanted to catch the presents post, but I afraid that it could be too late.

My wife work for the Foreing Office, and we could try to help her. As you say, she is in Malaga (Andaluzia), I am in MAdrid (around 500km far away, but just 2hour by train).

Anyway, If I am not late, I would like to try to do something for helping her and of course, a way to thanks you for all the knowledge shared.

Sorry for my english…

P.D. Regards to Renala, the french one, to TraderAlan, IronHeart, etc… I do not remeber all the names, but I know all of you :wink: thanks to everyone for this thread.

Regards

I’ve updated my running composite CBL Manual, it is current as of June 9. This is version two with some good changes. The biggest change is format, this version will be easier to read and will now print on regular paper size.

New update:

[ul]
[li]When using AtrSLmultiplier, the EA will take into account your RiskInDollars or RiskInPercent settings.
[/li][/ul]

Sorry for so many updates. I’m simply uploading the EA as I make updates :slight_smile:

Edit: More bugfixes

Also, note the 4 other files should go in your scripts folder.

Final_Tymen_Variable_SL_Bands_Anti_Drag_Dual_wait_digits_ATR_SL.ex4.zip (63.1 KB)

Hi richardj, I leave a Tymen care to give you details, but now Grace is in Barcelona, and would have settled his problems.
Welcome to Spain that I love
Regards, Didier.:cool:

Ok Didilut, in any case Tymen, as I commented, my wife works with Asylum seekers, and for any doubt, questions or help for other Rwandaw people or whatever they are that come to Spain, let me know.

Sorry for the off topic again. I am just finished to read the indicator part, and I am beggining the best part I hope. I am still at page 145 :wink: so I will try to participate online with all of you about in 2 weeks (to much to read and to few time to do it with childs)…

Wow! this is a very good job!:cool:
I like this presentation, I have not yet detailed, but it pleases me well.
It’s great work, congratulations.
It remains only to await the opinion of Tymen.
Regards, Didier.

Hi tymen! I hope you’re recovering well, lots of water and plenty of rest should do the trick :smiley:

Anyway, i just browsed through the pdf compile by hordane and i realised we taught us to trade in bubble and sausage quite sometime back.

Isit still applicable? Because apparently i find that it works amazingly! Although the r:r is not as good as in a squeeze, the sucess rate is pretty high i must say! Just one qns though, how do you set your SL on those kind of trades? Thank you.

And i hope you recover back as strong as bull!