The finest in trend trading

it will be superior to the 2 contract strategy.

Iā€™m holding my breath waiting to see the MACRO method. But if thereā€™s anything Iā€™ve learned, itā€™s to be patient. In the meantime I believe we are all getting better everyday.

I recieved a note yesterday from a very careful trader that they made their highest weekly pip total ever last week using the orthodox DNA method with a 2 contract method.

I do think itā€™s very notable that as things have progressed, as a whole, we are now much less worried about making good entries and much more focused on reducing risk and maximizing profit. It seems the art and science of making good CBL entries is getting much easier as everyone gets practice and now most are concerned with cutting losses short and letting profits run. In my opinion, thatā€™s a very good position to be in :smiley:

[B]Hello all,[/B]

In the midst of some back-testing, I have come across a slight dilemma. I have been using the 4 Hour time-frame as my time-frame of choice for trading, and if I recall correctly, it was advisable to use a time-frame approximately 4 - 6 times higher than that as a ā€˜reference time-frameā€™. Thus in my case, a suitable reference time-frame would be the Daily.

However, I wanted to double check exactly what was the purpose of using a higher time-frame, as it relates to our current method. The modus operandi of the CBL method, is that it picks out trend reversals, and thus in most cases, it would contradict (go against) the direction of the higher time-frame. If this is the case, what is its purpose?

Thanks in advance,
xXTrizzleXx

Page 281ā€¦

Today I started to try BB DNA method in my oanda demo account. I will post the Chart and my entreis at the end of the dayā€¦ Right now I am only have a spot on EUR/CHF in the squeeze area, so i hope at least TP1.

Tymen, regarding Grace, it seems to be a scamā€¦ by the way, my offer still stands for any help you or your friend could need from Spainā€¦

Like Tymen said, the BB DNA method is a standalone method, checking a higher time frame and only trading in that direction is most likely to err on the cautious side and to increase your chances of a OBB trade. Others, please do correct if this isnt the case.

Just for newbies like me using for first time the BB DNA method and 2 contract system. It is EURCHF in 1H Chart.

Although the img can not see verywell (I will improve the next time), I just wanted to comment my experience today.

As you can see, or almost see (sorry Tymen for the Black background but in onda for me is the best option), I did my entry at the level of the horizontal white line (right side, the lowers green body candle). i Introduce 2 contrat with the SL an TP1 and TP2. As you can see, I just got TP1. There is no more candle because I made and err when I moved my SL to BE. As it was the first time that I used 2 contrat, I thougth that BE was to be move to the TP1, so I move to it the SL ā€¦ instead of just the pips already earnedā€¦Yo can imaging was happenedā€¦ In any case although it was only 14pips, as I did 2 contrat, for me it was like 28pips (14 per contract), because I used to put only one lot of 1000, instead of two :wink:

I just wantted to share my experience today. In fact, I feel very happy, because I did my trade with to much confidence on it, and I trusted that at least TP1 would be mine.

Thansk to everyone for share you experiences, and of course, especial thanks to the master Tymen.

Regards
richardjg

Nice first trade attempt here, [B]richardj[/B]!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

When moving the stoploss to BE, you move it to the entry line, [U]not to TP1[/U].

In you next effort, you will be able to target TP2. :slight_smile:

I am taking some advice from you, Graviton, and just looking after my mental health right now.
So I have slowed down dramatically for the moment while I adjust to and concentrate on other things with living here in this isolated environment.

It is a shock to come from one of the busiest social areas to an area of complete isolation!! :eek: :eek:

However, I will speed up again and continue posting.

[B]I am to do 2 thingsā€¦[/B]

1. Be inventive and try to solve the delemma with the DNA trades retracing to stopout after TP1.

2. Post the MACRO method. (I really should start that this week!!)

I recieved a note yesterday from a very careful trader that they made their highest weekly pip total ever last week using the orthodox DNA method with a 2 contract method.

Wow!! :cool:

This method is more powerful that I thought!!

ā€¦ we are now much less worried about making good entries and much more focused on reducing risk and maximizing profit. ā€¦

Yes, I agree with that completely.
And I am working on it!! :wink:

I am glad you agree that the matter was a scam - that is what I concluded also.

Thank you indeed for your further offer of help. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Anyway, she has found a marriage partner so the whole matter is now closed as far as I am concerned.
I am now concentrating on my new life here in the country area away from the city.
My posts to this thread should start to speed up again soon. :slight_smile:

Right now I am de stressing from a delayed psychological reaction to moving home from the city to an isolated town. :eek: :eek:

But I hope to be online again soon.
I am looking at several times - 8 am, 3 pm and 9/10 pm Perth time which is exactly 12 hours ahead of New York time.

I will let everyone know on the chat room when I restart. :slight_smile:

Tymen take off all the time you need, your health is more important than introducing new topics!

I backtested the USD/JPY for the month of May and all I got is a lousy -4%

Starting Account Balance: $10,000

Risk: 2% each trade
Time Frame 4HR

Trade 1:

Trade 2:

Trade 3:

Trade 4:

[exited at midBB then breakeven]

Trade 5:

Note: Price never crossed the upper BB line. When price went back down, the upper BB repainted to be on-top of the price.

Trade 6:

Final Account Balance: $9,632.28

Iā€™m waiting with great interest for this :slight_smile:

I backtested usd/jpy for the month of April and all I got was this lousy -6.7%

Timeframe: 4HR
Risk: 2% per trade

Trade 1:

Trade 2:

Trade 3:

Mid BB then break even.

Trade 4:

Trade 5:

Trade 6:

Trade 7:

Results:

Dear Dodge, it seems that the trades shows that you are taken against the trend.
I do not pretend to have an answer for everything, but in this case I am setting up a CBL on 2 candles, I know that is not orthodox, but I have not to take many retracements cons me. (and more I look at the higher TF ā€¦)
Youā€™ll tell me that it limits the margin between the input and the first TP Mid BB, but if I find that it is not enough, I do not fit.
This is only my way, and it is not an old soldier like you I will learn new tricks.
Regards, Didier