The finest in trend trading

Trade 3:

GBP/USD 30m

Risk: 2%

Profit: +22.5%

I made these trades using everything I’ve learned from this thread, plus my own gridding technique. While I didn’t walk into this thinking “This is a Macro Trade”, I might as well have, as I followed all of those rules.

WARNING Do not trade live with my EA.

Sorry you can’t get it to work, it sounds like you’re doing everything right. Again, this EA is unsupported. There are a million things that can go wrong. I don’t want to clutter the thread with EA troubleshooting issues.

Good luck!

Howdy Tymen!

If the tone arm is replaceable on that Sony, do it. That, and a good cartridge will save you some money to spend on a great set of speakers, where the difference is most noticeable;)

A good isolation mat will help too.

Something like this: MUSICDIRECT - RINGMAT - 330 XLR TURNTABLE MAT

Cheers!

Tymen,
Sorry to hear the move hasn’t worked for you. I can understand as I move between a busy city & a small country town where I have to work & yes it’s really difficult adjusting to the slow life, no “barking mad dogs thou” :wink:
If I get my way I’ll make the move to the city, hopefully I can crack this forex thing :smiley:

My experience with the small town move is that it takes months to adjust to the slower pace, smaller social circles & limited facilities, even then I prefer the city.
All the best i whichever you do :slight_smile:

Hey tymen, its unfortunate to hear that you’re shifting again. I understand the trouble and all moving to and fro. How about this time round, you shift back to the city whereby there’s element of peace that you want and the busy life of the city isn’t that far away either.

You have the best of both worlds that is!
Hope everything goes smoothly once more :slight_smile:

I don’t think it was only the peace of mind he wanted, but I believe the temperatures became quite toasty during the summer. :frowning: However, if your gut feeling tells you that you are a city-person, then that is where your true happiness will lie. :wink:

Graviton, you have developed excellent rules. Thanks as always

Thank you [B]Enpoint[/B]. :slight_smile:

I have already had a look at some of these programs, Soundforge is dormant on my computer.
Audacity is another one that is free.

Its amazing what you can do with these programs!! :wink:

Thank you [B]Master Tang!![/B] :slight_smile:

Good to see that you are still here. :wink: :cool:
I thought that you had disappeared like so many other posters who eventually fail.

I note that [B]Kockneerebel [/B]is no longer with us, but I do know that he is an experienced trader.

Now I will take all of your audio advice very seriously and consider what I do.
I will especially look at that tone arm - according to you, its not the best!! :smiley:

Originally posted by [B]Fartist [/B]>
Hey tymen, its unfortunate to hear that you’re shifting again.

Originally posted by [B]xXTrizzleXx[/B]>
However, if your gut feeling tells you that you are a city-person, then that is where your true happiness will lie.

My sincere thanks to you three for your ongoing encouragement. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Behind the scenes, Didier ([B]Didilut[/B]), is also keeping my spirits up.

There is much more to this, and it is causing me to be slack in my postings and lessons, although I have restarted my own trading last night with a nice profit. :slight_smile:

Just recently, my next door neighbour collected 3 huge dogs and they started barking and bellowing at 5.30 am thro to midday. These dogs jumped the fence into my yard and scared my cat.

I complained to him and he threatened me with a good deal of violence and made it clear that he had a chainsaw in his possession.
Added to that, other neighbours have warned me that this man is not safe to be around.

To cut a story short, I am fed up - this whole town erupts into barking and bellowing at sundown.
It seems that Australians love their dogs, the louder and more disruptive they are, the better.
I do not know what it is like in country towns in other countries, such as America or Europe.

With all this racket and threats I cannot work properly, hence my posts are limited - please bear with me - I aim to please and not give up. :o

So in November, I will endevour to move again - either back to the city (I did not know I was a city person until I came here), or go on to a world class seaside tourist town called Esperance.
Still Esperance is not the city and I must consider that carefully.

In any case, there is a lot of time in between and hence a lot of posting to do.

With that in mind, I enjoyed reading [B]Trizzle’s [/B]log (thread on forum).
He has made no losses yet and is doing extremely well.
If ever the BB DNA method needed advertising, his thread does it wonderfully.

[B]I highly recommend his thread!![/B]

If you read this, [B]Trizzle[/B], keep going!!

In the same way, [B]o990l6mh[/B], (Magnus) set up a trading log thread, started as a beginner, became a gun trader and graduated to [B]Honorary FX [/B][B]Member [/B]in the process.

Tomorrow I will post an approach for the DNA method that should go a long way towards shutting out those constant retracment losses.

This strategy, which I have been studying for some time now, should just about wipe these retracement losses out. :wink: :wink:

This sounds fantastic tymen.

I wish you the best of luck in the countryside and in dealing with your…less friendly neighbours.

I always thought it would be the other way around, with less neighbourly citizens in big cities and more friendly environments in smaller towns.

Living in a big city for the past 23 years, with almost 10m people around me has made me feel like I’m the only one here!

I can relate to that, well, not the 10M people, but the phenomenon of being “invisible” in the city and a lot more visible when living in a rural area.

Wow! That is a bit extreme, chainsaws & all! :eek:

Well yes, I’m n Bulgaria in the summers & they LOVE their barking dogs, whether in the village or the cities… I’ve resorted to sleeping with an Ipod with the volume turned up, seems to do the trick :rolleyes:

I think its just a small scull and cross bones object in the bottom right corner.

DodgeV83, is there somewhere I can post some questions about your EA which you might beable to answer at. I am only using it in demo trading and not live. I like they way it makes trades for you and would like to ask you some questions about it if at all possible.

Thanks

I have attached 3 EAs.

WARNING Do not trade live with these EAs

1. Final_Tymen_DNA

Use this EA for trading the Bands with Tymen DNA rules.

2. Final_Tymen_Macro

Use this EA for trading with Macro rules. I have added some new options for this:

[ul]
[li]BandsTymenProfit - Set this to 1 and the TymenTakeProfit line will stay on the outer BB
[/li][li]FibStopLoss - Use fibs to determine stop loss
[/li][li]Profitfor61.8StopLoss - After this many pips use the 61.8% Fib for your stop loss
[/li][li]Profitfor50StopLoss - After this many pips use the 50% Fib for your stop loss
[/li][li]Profitfor38.2StopLoss - After this many pips use the 38.2% Fib for your stop loss
[/li][li]Profitfor23.6StopLoss - After this many pips use the 23.6% Fib for your stop loss
[/li][li]LookBackForFibs - Look back this many candles for a fib start point
[/li][/ul]

3. Final_Tymen_Full

This includes all options and is the EA I currently use. In addition to the new options above, I have also added:

[ul]
[li]BandsProfit - Set total TP line to outer band
[/li][li]CloseBreakEvenWhenGridTrades - When gridding, automatically set the SL to Break Even after X amount of trades are open
[/li][li]GridRiskBreakEven - If set to FALSE, instead of the above option setting your SL to Break Even, it will set it to your Risk value (-2% for example)
[/li][li]TradeEnterBand - Only execute the Buy/Sell order if touching or past an outer BB
[/li][/ul]

If you’ve been having trouble with my other EAs, try these out. I’ve made numerous bug fixes.

YouTube - The Finest in Trend Trading - Grid Trading EA - Macro

Tymen_EA.zip (235 KB)

No failure here:)

I’ve been here quietly paying attention;)

Sorry to hear about your recent troubles in the new place.

Sometimes it takes more than a few nights somewhere to realize that the green grass is really just AstroTurf.

About your audio issues, if that tone arm can’t be replaced, the mat, and a nice cartridge will do wonders. The sound of vinyl will never ever be truly replaced. Something silky about it, that digital technology just hasn’t found a way to replicate.

All the best!

Hi Tymen,

I am still there, not posting actually but still looking for find a way with your strategy, not easy cause I have an day job.

see you,

best regards

Greg

Try the new version, it might fix your issues. Ask on the chatroom:

Bollinger Band DNA - FOREX Trading using the Tymen Bollinger Band Strategy

As I said previously, however, the EAs are unsupported. If you’re having a problem with the logic of the code (it should do x but instead it’s doing y), I am all-ears and will likely fix it within a day. If, however, you’re having a “It’s not working” problem, there likely isn’t much I can do.