The finest in trend trading

OK, that’s it for tonight.

Rest for me while I examine the quality exit method to see if I can still [U]improve it[/U]!! :smiley: :smiley:

Dodge I have visited your server BigBlueButton – Open Source Web Conferencing
its nice chat place!

For some reason I wasnt able to enter to https://my.dimdim.com/bandna2/

and I have created https://my.dimdim.com/renala/
I would like to say It looks amaizing!!
there is whiteboard, chat, presentation, screen share options - nice!
I coudnt figured out how to add a chart to the whiteboard?

why I wouldnt able to enter to bandna2 chat??? hmm

Hi tymen!
Exit metod is great! Cant believe it could be better! :slight_smile:
would be nice if you could examine the entry method also to avoid some whipsaws entries :rolleyes:

Opps! You’re right! It should only exit on a close like that if the SAR has inverted :o

Will fix tonight.

For Dimdim you need to stay signed-in to the page to keep the session open, I thought if I left the window open on my laptop that would suffice…I guess not.

BigBlueButton does not have this requirement…looks like the better choice. Will do some more research on that tonight.

no one to correct you Graviton :rolleyes:
As I understood we use 3.3 BB only in case A( see post 3973) which is Initial breakout.
I cant actually see the difference between case A and case D which is Retracement :confused:

Tymen’s exact words were:

An exit can only be obtained when…

a) The price action hits the Extreme 3.3 Bollinger band after several candles,
(Condition A).

Very open to interpretation, but I took it to mean “If it hits the 3.3 band after the initial breakout.”

Let’s wait for Tymen to clarify :slight_smile:

Ah, bummer! And I was so excited about my first post :rolleyes:

I think that a correction to the BollingerBandExitRules.pdf should be made to correct this error. Currently, this is what it says about exiting at the outer BB (very last line of the document):

“c) An exit is made at the outer Bollinger band after an inversion, should the price action get there. (Assuming the trade is still underway). (Conditions B, C + D).”

This should be changed to something similar to:

“c) An exit is made at the outer Bollinger band after the PSAR reverts to standard, should the price action get there. (Assuming the trade is still underway). (Conditions B, C + D).”

Thanks Graviton :smiley:

By “CBL entry EA”, do you mean the other EAs I’ve posted? They are literally all the same, I’ve just changed the options available to the user to make things less confusing :wink:

I’ve added a ridiculous amount of features, most of which aren’t directly applicable to this thread (exit based on Ichi cloud, automatic entries based on Tymen’s Starc method from the Candlestick thread…etc), but if that’s what you’re referring to, I’ll post it.

If you’re referring to someone else’s EA that automatically takes trades without any user intervention, however, I doubt I would include something like that. While I’m fine with an EA managing the technical details of a trade after I’ve done the analysis, I’m not comfortable with an EA doing the analysis for me.

Forex never sleeps, why should I? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll let you know what my recommendation is in a few days when I’ve had adequate time to test with multiple participants.

I took some time on my lunch break today to look at the code, and it suddenly dawned on me why I kept saying the EA will close the trade if a candle closes between the two lines, omitting the part about an inverting SAR.

The only way a candle can close in that space, is if the SAR has already inverted! If you watch the video, you’ll see in both instances where the EA exited, the SAR inverted on that very candle.

Keeping this in mind, I think the EA is operating correctly.

I’ll likely be starting a new thread for this after the weekend, I need time to think about how to make this as easy as possible. Stay tuned!

Tymen, I completely understand. In my day nobody cared what you did as long as you didn’t embarrass the firm. Things are very regulated these days. I wouldn’t want to take even the most remote chance of his having a problem with his employer. Tell him Tymen’s Turtles send greetings and if he ever goes independent, stop by and visit. :slight_smile:

OK thanks. Perhaps it was someone else that created an EA that identified CBL entries. Probably IH. In any case, I traded for over 13 hours and for mega pips, so my brain is too darned fried to even understand what I meant. I had fun though. :smiley:

Keep us posted on your findings though. I’m testing Tymen’s exit method in demo, but it takes a very long time to gather statistically significant data manually. Of course, in the end I would have to practice it in demo anyway, so I guess I’m just looking for confirmation that others are getting the same results I am. Thanks :slight_smile:

Graviton,

I believe it was Norwegianblue that posted the EA you are referring to sorry but i can’t remember where he posted it though.

His latest version:

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/33733-multi-time-frame-trend-trading-31.html#post201154

That’s not an EA Dodge. It’s a good indicator to help us keep an eye 20 pairs at a glance. I don’t know how others use it, but it helps me to decide which pairs to look at in more detail before making any trades.

:D:D:D
Nice!

Haha Turtles, nice. :slight_smile:

I don’t use the DNA method, but I do read this thread still - it’s great to see so many people working together for a common cause.

Nice work y’all!

Cord

This is from GU today … i am using support resistance line on 4hr chart to enter. but not following cbl rules exactly to enter.

The first arrow is an extreme candle. I am wandering if the second arrow is a valid setup candle (enter at the opening of the next candle). Following from the CBL rules, the setup candle needs to be smaller compared to the extreme candle.