The finest in trend trading

Good news. I just spoke to NB in BB DNA chatroom. He is programming an EA for testing Tymen’s exit system. He said trading it manually is working well for him.

Hey [B]iCarumba[/B],
sry but I can’t see the picture you’ve added. Maybe you should reupload it.

[B]Tymen [/B]introduced these “[I]extra-CBL-rules[/I]” some time ago.
At that time many people on this thread where drawing CBL’s at the end of BB-Bubbles/BB-Sausages. It turned out that using a CBL-entry in these areas often results in a stopout-loss.
The extra-rules where an attempt to give better entries in these critical areas.

Later these areas where called “[B]No-trade-areas[/B]”.
(No trade in this area - wait for another opportunity)

Now we are focusing on finding CBL-entries in BB-squeezes only.
When you have a BB-squeeze you [U]do not need[/U] these extra-rules.

Just draw a 2-candle-CBL.
If it comes too close to the mid BB cut it in half.

I personaly sometimes trade these no trade areas.
But with very much caution. I definitely need another entry reason for this. Like for example a very strong support/resistance-line. If i have this and a valid CBL-entry i sometimes take the trade. But many times even then with only half the trade-size.

I would recommend to look for squeezes. It works pretty good! :smiley:

Yes, I will do that plus ask if he is prepared to visit out of work hours. :slight_smile:

Yes, I think we can do better still. :slight_smile: :smiley:

would be nice if you could examine the entry method also to avoid some whipsaws entries

I am working on that now with most of the rules now in place. :slight_smile:

Hi Tymen,Just wanna share something here that I hope would not interrupt your flow after long thread journey up till here,

What is your view if I appoint to you my definition of trend:

-An uptrend: When price breakout ‘current resistance or previous prominent support zone/area/line’ & stop at higher previously prominent support,

-A downtrend: When price breakout current support or previously prominent resistance zone/area/line & stop at lower previously prominent resistance,

-What I’m trying to point out is the vital price action activities we observed,at important level,whenever support becomes resistance & resistance becomes support,

If we may disscuss,

In case A, the price action goes right outside the upper BB, so much so that a great high is obtained.
So we use an extreme BB to catch it for maximum profit.

In case D, the price action just climbs the BB and does not extend much outside of it.
So we need the PSAR/mid BB technique to catch the best price inside the BB.

The definition of a trend was the very first thing I looked at upon opening this thread.

There is a very thorough and comprehensive definition given at the end of the first topic.

That should settle the matter. :wink:

Well, that was a long and informative read. Took a while to get through 400 pages of posts. I copied out every lesson post from Tymen right from the beginning, some of his replies, some of Graviton’s replies / thoughts and other snippets I thought relevant into a word doc as I went along.

I’ll PDF it and see how big it pops out at before trying to upload here (if people would want it). It’s 350+ pages so still a hefty read even with a lot of the other posts cut out :wink:

Anyway, looking forward to digesting what I’ve read so far over the weekend and before starting to try and apply it to demo trades to get my eye in.

Cheers to all involved in this thread - been a great education so far.

Just adding a reminder that this correction still needs to be made to the BollingerBandExitRules.pdf document in order to avoid confusion. Maybe [B]MerchantPrince [/B]can make this correction as time permits.

thanks tymen :slight_smile:

would you care to take a look at GBP/NZD 1H chart please.

I have opened long trade GBP/NZD at 2.1073. My trade has reached 2.1295 . I could take 220 pips. But I didnt closed my trade becouse I have SL at Parabolic Sar. I was thinking that PA will go for a small retrasment and then it will continue to rise. But it didnt. PA has retraced like 50% of the movement. I didnt know if the price at that time is still in uptrend or it is ranging. I have closed my trade at 2.1120. I took only 47 pips insted of 220
I fill that I wont give 150 pips back to the market. :rolleyes:

Where I was wrong (I dont want to make same mistake again)
option 1 : when I moved my SL above Parabolic Sar to take some pips thinking that the price started ranging. btw, Right now the price is back at 2.1250
option 2: I didn close the trade at 2.1295. What exit method I could use to close the trade at 2.1295 level

thanks

I’m always willing to make amendments to any BB DNA documents if Tymen feels they are warranted. He hasn’t yet averred that your edits ought be implemented.

Hi RenaLa,

from looking at this chart on my MT4 platform, it looks like the price action that happened after your entry was an “Initial breakout - diagram A in the BollingerBandExitRules.pdf” price action. In this case, based on the exit rule for this type of price action, you would exit when the price action first hits the Extreme 3.3 Bollinger band. In your case, you would have exited the trade at 2.1185, with a total profit of ~110 pips if this exit rule was followed.

I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong :slight_smile:

I have one question though. What was the logic behind your entry at 2.1073? Thanks

OK, just to show you what I am referring to, here is how [B]Tymen [/B] describes the exit at the outer BB:

[B]

An exit at the outer BB is only made after the PSAR reverts to standard and the price action then indeed hits the outer BB.[/B]

Here is how the PDF describes it:

“An exit is made at the outer Bollinger band after an inversion, should the price action get there. (Assuming the trade is still underway). (Conditions B, C + D).”

These two descriptions for the outer BB exit rule are contradictory. The correct one is the one posted by [B]Tymen [/B].

Here’s an updated version to my CBL manual. It is further edited and removed some user comments.

If you are new to the thread this is a great primer and head start to the meat and potatoes for CBL.

Update 7/24: I uploaded an updated document that includes the bookmark menu for the table of contents.

Hello to all;
I am not much available right now, I’m taking care of my parents, but I keep an eye on the thread, and I admired the demonstration of our Tymen, the output management, waooww!!
As usual, the Lord has spoken, and we are blessed, we take advantage of his talent, THANK Mr Tymen.:slight_smile:
And as the Lord leads the way, students learn best and we offer great things, and today is that there is Hordane, Bravo and Thank Hordane, for this beautiful and great work, I am convinced This document will be much appreciated by newcomers, as the followers of this thread.
Regards, Didier.

Thanks Hordane. Your pdf is always the one i referred to.

impressive and excellent work Hordane, thanks, I don’t post much but follow every day the thread Tymen, not much time to analyse and comment at this moment, thanks again for your work and other guys here.

Greg

This is a very good and very extensive document Hordane, thanks!

Just looking through your document, it amazes me the amount of ground we have covered.

The amount of dedication and energy really is a testament to the meticulousness of our seniors on this forum.

Great work [B]Hordane[/B],

man, so true [B]IronHeart [/B]we covered so much. Like Crazy! :smiley:

Hi juanchy31,

for me it looks like the price was climbing instead of going right outside the upper BB thats why I decided to ride out retracement. But the simple math logic tells me that better to take 200 pips and reenter to the trend again… some how :rolleyes: :confused:
but the rules are rules, we will see what tymen going to say
regarding your question about my entry - I use 1cbl rule to enter for 1H TF
I just came to the station little late. Since some traders enter using 2cbl then 2.1073 wasnt late to enter. :slight_smile: