The finest in trend trading

[QUOTE=tymen1;209673]Sorry [B]Didier[/B], its neither.

Its the one in between. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry to ask stupid questions too …:frowning:

Article 5: After the candle signal (Rule 1), entry is made on the next candle if and only if the price action you this candle passes inwards to touch / go thro the 1. Standard dev. BB.
Entry is made upon the touch / pass thro or better.
A 2 contract entry Allows the 1st entry to Be Improved With The 2nd contract upon.

It is clear, however …
Thank you for the answer, and not to punish me for my stupidity …:o
Regards, Didier.

Well Tymen, if you do decide to air condition a room as a day office, you can put a cat flap in the door so Sweetie can have the run of the house :slight_smile:

My chat room proposal:

YouTube - The Finest in Trend Trading - Chat Room proposal

Finest in Trend Trading - Chat Room

Unlike our current solution which separates our chat room (Ning) with our screen sharing solution (Vyew), this solution combines them both into one package. This makes it easier for people to collaborate and perform analysis while looking at the exact same chart.

For example, I have programmed a bot that is currently sharing the screen of an MT4 chart or gbp/usd. Everyone in the chat can view, analyze and discuss this chart in realtime - tick by tick. Now if someone in the chat sees a possible CBL on the eur/usd chart, and would like some opinions, they can simply type “show eur/usd chart” into the chat room. The bot will automatically recognize this command and switch to the eur/usd chart.

This feature is experimental right now (just had the idea yesterday :D), but is working well so far. I will be expanding on it’s capabilities in the near future.

Here is my rundown of the pros and cons of each solution:

Pros of switching

[ul]
[li]Free - We won’t have to worry about donating or selling T-Shirts to keep our chat room alive.
[/li][li]No ADs!
[/li][li]Combines Chat and Screen Sharing together, making for a more cohesive and easy-to-use experience.
[/li][li]Unlimited participants - Vyew is limited to 10 people in a screen sharing session at once.
[/li][li]Don’t have to give out your E-mail address or create a username and password
[/li][li]We can have a central “one-stop-shop” for all links/videos/PDFs/and example screenshots for the thread. Ning isn’t as customizable.
[/li][/ul]

Cons of switching

[ul]
[li]Instead of our chat room running on a server in some big corporation somewhere, it’s running on a server in my home - If I lose power or internet, the chat goes down.
[/li][/ul]

I’d recommend testing it out for a week, to see if it can satisfy our needs before completely switching over.

Thoughts?

Note: I have not added much logic to the chatroom bot, currently only the current commands work:

“show eur/usd chart”
“show gbp/usd chart”

Also, if someone else starts a screen sharing session, the bot isn’t smart enough to take control back if requested. This can, however, be added.

[B]WOW!![/B] :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

[B]DodgeV83[/B], you are a real dynamo here and this thread would be a very mediocre one without your presence!!

I love your idea and I have already tested it. :slight_smile:

Maybe we should pay you for the running of your server?
I don’t know how you get to running a server without it costing you heaps?

Of course, there will be all the little nick nacks that need fixing and work…for example, 2 people type in - show () charts and both charts are different. :eek:
What does your computer do then?

The opening screen looks good but [U]it is essential[/U] that you upload all the PDF’'s created by [B]Merchantprince, IronHeart[/B] and [B]Norwegian Blue [/B]onto your front page.
They are very much needed by all the newbies coming to the thread, and [B]Merchantprince [/B]tells us that membership is now 200 people.

Your own EA’s in final form should be on there also.

Can your server handle 200 people?

Also, I will need to refer to these PDF’s myself when contructing the final work.

I know that you are busy at it, I agree with the change, lets see what others say.

Agreed, Graviton, thank you for thinking of me. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

My present house has a cat flap in the back door and Sweetie loves it!! :smiley:

No problems here, [B]Didier[/B]!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

You need to ask these questions in order to learn how the method works.
Your questions show that you are thinking and trying out the method - that’s better than being a “couch potato”!! :smiley: :wink:

I have also tried out DodgeV83’s chat room - very impressive!

With the chat room sitting in Dodge’s house, the possibilities are endless.

Many features could be customised into the room as we progress into the future!

Hey Dodge!

Jesus, that would be such an improvement for all of us newbies and experienced alike!

I think I’m not wrong if I say lots of us here feel we can’t contribute much to this whole learning project… we have real genius concentrated on a few! :eek:

Congratulations for your hard work and constant contribution, what a great working team…

Regards!

I am deferring to Tymen on this one. This community is entirely based around his work and I insist he be the one most comfortable with whatever solutions are proposed. Honestly, I’m fine either way.

Having said that, I would like to clarify a few misconceptions before any decisions are made:

As of today, enough donations have come in to pay for the BB DNA chat room for the next 8 months.

I haven’t moved us to a paid model yet because Ning gave established networks like ours another 30 days grace period before migrating to a paid plan. I collected the money but have not paid for our chat room yet, as I wanted to make the most of this grace period (which ends August 30th) and give everyone time to consider any alternatives to what we already enjoy.

All paid models of our service are NO ADS; these will go away once/if I make the payment to Ning. Furthermore, even more customization of our chat site IS possible with paid service.

Actually we do have a one-stop-shop for links, screenshots, videos and PDFs on the BB DNA site now. Anyone can upload a video, screenshot or any other image. I’ve also begun working on our own forum section there, should it ever prove necessary to post threads related to BB DNA that don’t belong on BP forums. Our new (simple) forum there allows any member to upload attachments of their own that aren’t images or video.

I’m not sure why giving out an email address to register on a site is a concern, I actually enjoy that a commercial site like Ning handles registration and allows us to automate a great deal of the maintenance of a site like this.

Which brings me to:

Cons of switching

[ul]
[li]Instead of our chat room running on a server in some big corporation somewhere, it’s running on a server in my home - If I lose power or internet, the chat goes down.[/li]> [/ul]

This is a pretty big con. Anyone who’s ever worked with a personal server-hosted solution (my brother has worked with these for many years) knows they are fraught with technical issues. Any one of a host of things can glitch and then it’s down to waiting for the individual to address the issue. Once again, having 99.9% up-time and a 3rd party company handling all your technical issues is very handy.

And what happens if Dodge decides at some point that BB DNA sucks? Or that forex trading sucks? Or that he thinks YOU suck? :wink: Just like that, your chat site (and everything you put into it) is gone.

I’d recommend testing it out for a week, to see if it can satisfy our needs before completely switching over.

Agreed. Everyone should give it a try just to see if they like the interface and that it’s technically sound. Dodge has put a great deal of work into this and it should be given a fair try. I’ll share the link again (Finest in Trend Trading - Chat Room) and encourage everyone who is currently enjoying our BB DNA chat site to visit the link above this week to give it a try and see what you think of it.

Once again, I am not married to anything (that’s why I haven’t yet paid for the subscription for our current chat site). If folks think they like Dodge’s site better, our current one will be shut down by August 20th. With the blessing of those who’ve donated, I could even speak with Dodge about the possibility of moving his Big Blue Button installation to a paid hosting service. That would certainly insure greater stability and autonomy - and I’m sure we could get one for under $180 for a year. :eek:

To keep this thread from being diverted any further, I’d like to direct everyone to a discussion thread covering this matter on our current chat room site:

Proposal: Chat Room Alternatives - Bollinger Band DNA

Please follow the link above and share your thoughts on this issue so that no further distractions occur here. All opinions are welcome and encouraged.

I am of the opinion that the above section of text that I quote from [B]Merchantprince [/B]needs to be taken into serious consideration. :wink: :wink: :cool:

Hi Merchantprince :slight_smile:

I have read pdf. Its really easy strategy. But there are few things that I would love to ask. can you please post a link for me to his thread. Do you have any other docs related to this strategy? thanks

Obviously, I don’t want to be a distraction in this thread. But I can PM you more details on this. I’ve incorporated his White and Blue signals into my BB DNA trading and may share more in a separate thread if it all pans out.

Posting here is OK!! :slight_smile:

I’m leery about posting to another forum on BP as one never knows when the heavy ban hammer will crash down on you here. :wink:

But I will say search “BB on steroids harvell” on Google and it should be the first thread you see.

Thanks for the kind words :slight_smile:

I refuse to take any type of payment for running this on my server. It literally costs me $0 and won’t require any type of maintenance on my part at all.

It will do the first one, then do the second one. Depending on how fast the two commands are entered, it may ignore the first one altogether. Do not worry, I have programmed a response all such oddities, that won’t crash it :slight_smile: Even if it does, it will only mess up my chart bot, the server will keep running, people can still chat, and someone can take over and start sharing their own screen if they wish.

Without a doubt. I have great plans for that front page :slight_smile:

Yes.

While I will refer all follow-up conversation to the thread you posted, I feel the need to respond on this forum regarding this point.

It’s a chat room. It’s simple. This is what I do. I made my first server in 2000 and wouldn’t consider any one of them to be “fraught with technical issues”. Then again, they were all running very simple applications, like this chat room, so that isn’t very difficult to achieve.

That said, it won’t go down unless I lose power or I lose internet, which rarely happens (even during a storm last weekend where there were hurricane winds, a tornado touched down and most places around me lost power, my lights were still on).

I would assume you hold the power to shut down the Ning chat room at any time, so I don’t see much of a difference on this front. :stuck_out_tongue:

The difference is that, Dodge, after going to a paid model, Tymen’s name can be placed on the account of a commercial site. He’ll [I]own[/I] it and ask whomever he likes to run it - not that a 3rd party site like ours needs anyone to run it, which is pretty much it’s best selling point.

Look, I’ll leave this to Tymen and the donators to determine. If they like the chat site we have now and would like to see the expanded features of the paid model I’ll be making the payment this week and that will be the end of it.

Frankly, I don’t see this huge demand for an alternative when we already have a full-featured site set up (and paid for) that people seem to enjoy, with everything we need (image and video sharing, a functional forum supporting attachments).

But that’s just me; I’ve said my piece and will not discuss it further here.

This, my friend, is the problem with getting locked-in to a paid platform like this. Eight months from now we will again be in the same situation. Tymen (and gang) will again be asked to donate, or buy T-Shirts, or our chat site and all of our content will be deleted. Is it in Tymen’s best interest to be locked-in to such a system?

Based on your latest posts, it seems you are taking my review on Ning and Vyew as a personal attack. If this is the case, I sincerely apologize, it was not my intent. My criticisms are directed towards Ning and Vyew, not Merchantprince. I find your posts and chat messages very valuable, along with the drive that led you to create the Ning and Vyew solutions to help our community.

That being said, I think we can do better.

I believe Tymen is a phenomenal teacher with some incredibly exciting ideas. He deserves the best. Currently I do not believe Ning or Vyew are the best, for reasons stated. Tymen is still constrained by a 10 person limit on his online workshops, along with the inability to get them reliably recorded (how is CamStudio working for you by the way Tymen?). Our current solution for Tymen’s workshop leaves a lot to be desired, and will be even more costly than Ning to add the features he wants.

I haven’t disclosed this yet, but I am implementing an automated method to record his online workshops for him. This may not be necessary, as BigBlueButton is adding this feature in the next version of their software, but I’m not patient enough to wait :slight_smile:

In the end, I simply want Tymen to be aware of all the options available to him. It sounds like he has a full 3 weeks until a decision must be made on August 20th, let’s give him some time to make an informed and sound decision. Who knows, maybe our community can find something even better than this out there!

Hi people :slight_smile:

I was analyzing daily charts with the method that MP has submitted here - BB on steroids, also I have read that thread on forexfactory web side.
I find that tymen cbl method is better. But it wont hurts to place on the chart 1 st deviation BB. Its almost no emotion involved when you see that candles are above below that band.

Also I find that there is a stochastic (25,15,15) that could provide the better exit. Any one care to test for long TF??

From my own experience I can say that my computer has lost the system sound after I have uninstalled Vyew player and going to Ning chat to listen the music that MP kindly provided, after that my computer’s system sound is gone. I only blame on Vyew or Ning. Now I can hear anything only thru usb phone.

If anyone can give me any advise how to get my system sound back thru my notebook speakers please let me know I would really appeciate.

My subjective opinion on both chats : they are both great

BigBLUEButtonChat looks more finer to me, you dont need to go to any white board where only 20 people allow to see live trades as I know.

But at the same time anyone can have two chat open if they like Ning and Blue following to Antimonopoly Law :smiley:

I found some rules that may avoid some whipsaws cbl entres. I didnt have a chance to demo them yet.
they has been given by some trader
if anyone interesting - here they are
For going long:

1- Body of the latest Daily candle is greater than body of the previous 2 daily candles
2- Previous daily candle must be bearish
3- Close of latest candle is more than close of the previous candle
4- Take profit for next candle at the psychological levels: 50 & 00

For going short:

1- Body of the latest Daily candle is greater than body of the previous 2 daily candles
2- Previous daily candle must be bullish
3- Close of latest candle is less than close of the previous candle
4- Take profit for next candle at the psychological levels: 50 & 00