The finest in trend trading

Have you guys had a look at Google Wave?

It was a while since I looked at it, but it seems to be able to do what you want and it’s completely free.

Just a thought

Thank you for coming in on this matter, Magnus!! :slight_smile:
I really do appreciate it when another [B]Honorary FX Member [/B]comes in with all their experience to help. :slight_smile:

The matter of choice between [B]Merchantprince’s [/B]setup and [B]DodgeV83’s [/B]setup is a difficult one for me right now while I am going thro a rather heavy bout of depression. :frowning: :eek:

As for me, I am working on the last entry to this thread - [B]The Ultimate Bollinger Band Profit Extractor!![/B]

Sounds good?
[B]It is!![/B] - if I can get to program the mid BB rate of change formula properly.

This latest stragegy is meant to replace the 7 entry rules for BB bubbles/sausages with a vastly superior method that also allows for strong BB walks where there are [U]no BB expansions to start with[/U].
It is [U]also safer[/U] in that there is no guesswork required from the trader.

The PSAR/mid BB [U]exit method[/U], however, well remain intact.
It is still the best overall exit method to date.
Sometimes another exit method will get you a superior exit, [U]but averaged over many [/U][U]trades[/U], I contend that the PSAR/mid BB exit method does better.

But now I have to choose between the work of two brilliant computer programmers!!
(sigh)
If I choose one, I will alienate the other.

Maybe [B]o990l6mh, Honorary FX Member[/B], is right, we should look at Google Wave!!

[B]Regarding this whole matter of chatroom choice, I would like the input of many of our posters here, so…
… everyone, go for it and post your intelligent considered opinions!![/B]

I value very highly the input of fellow [B]Honorary FX Members[/B] since they have been here a long time and have been exposed to a great many things.
A PM to [B]Clint, Honorary FX Member [/B]may be helpful.

I value the input of [B]Graviton[/B], our other very experienced trader!!

And also that of [B]IronHeart[/B], who is very skilled at writing computer programs!!

I really do not like being caught between “the devil and the deep blue sea”, and that is what I feel I am being subjected to right now.

It goes without saying that both [B]Merchantprince [/B]and [B]DodgeV83 [/B]are brilliant in their work.
Their combined efforts have put this thread and the BB DNA method on the world map!!

[B]Lets see what everyone has to say, then I can consider with more data to go on.[/B]

Thanks for the reply didilut, i appreciate it.
I will be looking to go long with the new CBL entry while looking out for a possible walk… I noticed expansion as well.

My two cents on the chat room issue.
I think free is always good, as long as it meets needs and expectations.
I know i have no weight in this thread, but I thought I’d share.

[B]The Ultimate Bollinger Band Profit Extractor!![/B] sounds great Tymen… very impressed to see how you are constantly trying to improve the method.
I look forward to it.

I believe we are all far more interested in what you have to offer in this regard, Tymen, than in any petty silliness over a chat room. Let others reply in the BB DNA forum thread and try out Dodge’s room over the next three weeks to see what people think of it.

Just [I]ignore[/I] all this junk for now, my friend.

I would not have you in such turmoil over something so petty. You certainly didn’t instigate any conflict and I don’t want there to be any conflict. I would rather delete everything I’ve worked on up to this point than see it being used to divide people and create turmoil in what has been a very happy, positive community up to this point…

So I am walking away from all this for now. I’ll see you guys in chat and look forward to contributing here in the thread, but I’m out of this discussion entirely for the next three weeks until August 20th.

Looking forward to the new BB walk strategy Tymen, the guesswork (for me anyway) was a bit hit and miss.

As a new boy in the schoolyard I don’t think I can help very much with the dilema, I wish I could.

My only thought is that both (proposals) seem to be in their infancy and probably could do with an extended trial period to really be able to see which is best suited for the traders. How one would go about that is a tricky question.

The payment for the original system is bringing a certain time element pressure to the debate that’s for sure and may bring about a hurried decision rather than a fully considered one.

I certainly agree with Merchantprinces words here:

[I]I believe we are all far more interested in what you have to offer in this regard, Tymen, than in any petty silliness over a chat room. [/I]

Lets keep our eye on the ball :slight_smile:

To relieve Tymen of the chatroom distraction, I propose the following:

Since the existing chatroom is paid up for 8 months cost is not an issue. I’ll happily pay for another year if it is a concern, but I don’t think it is. Tymen’s work is much more valuable to me than all the chat rooms on Earth.

The real issue is we are limited by the number of people that can attend a whiteboard training session in the existing chat room. I suspect the hosting company does this to keep from slowing their server.

The opposite case is we don’t know how Dodge’s server will react with 20 or 50 or more users trying to participate in a whiteboard session. It may be fine, or it may be slow, or it may just lock up. If it’s just as fast and reliable as the commercial server, then it would be preferred since it would overcome the limitation on the number of participants in a whiteboard session.

So I suggest this test. We all move over to Dodge’s server for a week, or until we can see if this is working better for us or not. If not, we move back. If it is working better, we can stay as long as it’s working well.

MP can purchase additional time on the existing chat room for a month at a time if necessary so we don’t lose everything there. If eventually we all decide to stay with Dodge’s chat room server, we can move everything over and MP can concentrate on trading rather than chat room maintenance.

A warning to Dodge though, if you have 200 members, you’ll have 200 problems to deal with. But I’m willing to give it a test if Dodge is willing to take it on.

Just my opinion,
Grav

Thank you heaps for posting that idea, [B]Graviton[/B]!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Now lets get the others to take on this idea.

When we go to the chatroom we tell everyone to go to Dodge’s chatroom so we can communicate there and then try it out. :wink:

Update:

First test of new chat room - 10 people in the room had no problems with voice chat. Little lag. In terms of a Ning replacement, it performed wonderfully.

The screen sharing, however, lagged quite a bit. We are limited by my upload speed, which frankly doesn’t seem to be good enough. We are now looking for alternative options for desktop screen sharing.

Thanks for the help guys!

I’ve been reading this forum and am on page 50. What page is the PDF file on? That would save me a ton of time :smiley: GREAT thread btw! Thanks man!

Hey Joe, welcome!

I would strongly recommend to you reading the whole thread. I know it will take some time and work but it pays many times fold because of the knowledge you will adquire on the journey.

No need to rush, I don’t know about your experience but this method it’s not aimed to people with no previous experience in Forex as some basic things are overlooked. You will not regret it I assure you and you will experience a magnificient method of teaching :wink:

Sorry I can not post the PDF I’m receiving an error :confused:

I’m brand new to Forex. I’ve been trading options with stocks, I like the idea of forex though. Gaps are a killer and forex fixes that. You also don’t have to do scanning ^^

Come on Joe put in a bit of effort… you’ve only managed 50 pages before asking for the cherry.

Even if you were given the final PDF, which by the way isn’t available yet, you wouldn’t understand what half of it was talking about…

why would you choose a 2 candle CBL over a 1 candle CBL? what the eck is a CBL?

You cannot just pick this strategy up and slap it on your screen and become a forex winner… you have to work! (what a terrible idea :wink: )

If you go back a few pages from here some kind soul has put together a PDF of all the important parts of this thread, that may help you.

Put the time in to learn Joe it will be worth it.

Read It all even all question and Tymens answer, take yr time the market will be there waiting to catch yr money, unless you dont do yr homework.:D:o:D

This point I have noted.
We will see where this goes. :slight_smile:

Hey all you programming Gurus,

I was wondering if anyone could write a BB squeeze indicator for Dealbook? Another useful indicator, I think, would be long wicks outside of the BB, perhaps if they are a certain percentage of the body.

It would be greatly appreciated.

hi, its been ages since i posted here, ive been behind about 30 pages for while and just caught up.

tymen asked me on chat for my input into the discussion about the chatroom on friday.

(sorry to hear your not feeling too well tymen, i will speak to you about this personally when i see you next)

i think the main problem with ning is that we only get about 30 messeges saved when we log in, and many times we miss the wise words of both graviton and tymen when answering questions about different scenario’s…

skype would sort this problem as it saves weeks and months worth of chat, even if your not logged in…you can still pick up the whole days convo…and see what has been discussed…this is valuable.

dodge will your chatroom be able to do this also?..as i feel this should be one of the essesntial features we should definetly have, if we decide to change.

also i know a guy, “petefader” (who i think tymen knows also) who has been doing screen sharing for a long time, over 1 year atleast…for free on “gotowebinar”

i have atteneded many of his screen sharing sessions, and they work just aswell as the whiteboard on “yview” if not better…and its free!

no fee’s for skype and “gotowebinar” at all…both are free…hosted independently, so no issues…

skype has no user limit.

neither does “gotowebinar” as far as i know…

im no expert but i know that both of these options are free, and many people do it this way already.

hope this helps.

Oh yes GotoWebinar - many businesses including the one I used to work for uses this.

In terms of QoS, they are top notch.

The upload bandwidth of the presenter shouldn’t be an issue with hosted services, since the presenter only uploads to 1 server instead of x people at the same time.

I’ve been on web-conferences hosted by GotoWebinar that had 500+ participants, and still it worked without a glitch.

(Not a salesperson @ GotoWebinar).

It appears that there are other alternatives that are good.

We now have GotoWebinar as well as wave Google. :slight_smile:

Do these have proven advantages over the one offered by DodgeV83? :confused: :confused:

I’m very new to forex and new to babypips. I’ve went through the School of Pipsology and I’m really enjoying this thread, I’ve read up through page 110. But I have to wonder, is there a single document of the teaching system somewhere in the thread? I find it hard to concentrate on and very time consuming when it’s spread over so many pages.

I like learning and I don’t mind hard work but is there a complete trading system at the end of this or is it just a learning experience?