The finest in trend trading

Now its time to post the programs for the 2 exit methods for which the examples were given above.
The method (formerly called the BB profit grabber) is now newly named as [B]The BB Profit Walk Method.[/B]

The programs are written for GFT Dealbook and maybe [B]IronHeart [/B]would be so kind as to translate them into MT4.
(It is so wonderful having a team working here!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: ).

[B]Here is the Stoploss LONG [/B] >>>

indicator AAA_STOPLOSS_LONG ;

input reg = 14, atr_factor = 0.25;

draw res(ā€œtrailingstopā€, solid_line, dark_green,2);

vars line_mid(series), tr(series), atr(series), line_lower(series), i(number);

begin
line_mid := displace(linreg(close, reg), 0);
tr := truerange();
atr := wma(tr, 15);
line_lower := line_mid - (atr_factor*atr);
for i := front(line_lower) to back(line_lower) do
res[i] := movmax(line_lower, i, 6);
end.

[B]Here is the Stoploss short >>>[/B]

indicator AAA_STOPLOSS_short ;

input reg = 14, atr_factor = 0.25;

draw res(ā€œtrailingstopā€, solid_line, red,2);

vars line_mid(series), tr(series), atr(series), line_upper(series), i(number);

begin
line_mid := displace(linreg(close, reg), 0);
tr := truerange();
atr := mma(tr, 15);
line_upper := line_mid + (atr_factor*atr);
for i := front(line_upper) to back(line_upper) do
res[i] := movmin(line_upper, i, 6);
end.

wanna thank u and other great minds that u put so much work into it and u r sharing it //meaning the thread as well//,i ve been in fx for a year and i ve gone through lots of forums,threads,etc, and importantly paid services as wellā€¦if it were worth it i d b still paying it,but it is not. havent tried yr style live yet but its just around the corner. it sounds all good and the logic adds up. i am very glad i found this thread as an ignition to spark up my lukewarm trading results. once again, hats of to u and to the guys who contribute in programing and other essential ideas. thx for letting and helping others to progress faster.

Thankyou Tymen,

Could someone also confirm it is only an indicator? I know it says in the programming itā€™s an indicator but it also has trailing stoploss and it sounded like it may be like a GFT equivalent EA.

thankyou

K= Iā€™ll be the first one -
You make $ by getting in on S-E-X.

Worst case scenario - - ā€œItā€™s a fun jobā€.

I knew there was a reason I wasnā€™t making any money in forex.

Thanks Tymen, I understand, I will read,learn and practice a lot, I wont give up, I believe if someone really wants something, maybe work a bit harder, but nothing is impossible, I do have a question though, what times are you on the chat showing your lessons?

Yes [B]n0mad[/B] you are quite correct: these are indicators. And they are brilliant! [B]Tymen[/B] has produced an indicator, that for our purposes, betters the parabolicSAR indicator. That was the challenge he set himself and that he has done.

DealBook does have the equivalent of EAs - Strategies. They are coded using the same CTL language used in the indicators.

Ken

[B][B]Tymen[/B][/B], what can I say! Well done you have indeed done what you set out to do - improve on the parabolicSAR for setting the stop loss.

It would seem that if you enter during ā€œthe squeezeā€ but the PA goes against you, or you ā€œmiss the busā€ then the BB Profit Walk is there as a sound trading method. Brilliant.

regards

Ken

hi Ken,
i am not pro myself yet,but i agree,there r things someone can apply in the market and this bb walk is definitelly a stand alone strategy while coinsiding with higher tf
cheers

Indeed! I know itā€™s not a positive trading mindset but itā€™s like, ok guys you couldnā€™t wait for me a few more minutes? no problemā€¦

Here is Martin, Aston Martinā€¦ so letā€™s see who runs faster now :smiley:

Thank you, [B]ken doubleU[/B]!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
I aim to please!! :smiley:

I have just got to check it for other timeframes but the principle is intact.

[B]It is a trailing stoploss indicator [/B]- we need and exit method for the [B]DNA Profit Walk [/B]and this is it.

It provides superior exits compared to the PSAR/mid BB in most cases.

However, it is specially tailored for the DNA Profit Walk.

If you are using the BB DNA method with the CBL from a squeeze area, then the [U]PSAR/mid BB is the better exit method[/U] because you are dealing with possible severe retracements in the journey to TP1 (mid BB).

The stoploss exit method posted here does not cater for anything other than BB bubbles/sausages.

Seeing that you are in the Northern Territory of Australia, I would be on the chatroom way past your bedtime. :eek:

Even in Western Australia, I tend to log on after midnight - and then I stay on for only a short while.

[B]However, if I am doing a major lesson[/B] (due again soon with the new material), I will inform everyone and do a repeat lesson several times so that you can select your most convenient viewing. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

This method is NOT designed to be used with any other timeframe!! :wink:

It is completely stand alone. :wink:

[B]I am going to do some careful checking of the BB DNA Profit Walk method.[/B]

There will be a [U]major simplification[/U] of the 7 rules (Slopemeter gives 8).

I will try to cut it down to about 3 or 4 in total. :slight_smile:

The trailing stoploss exit method I have just posted needs a name - [B]Profit Walk exit strategy.[/B] :slight_smile:

Once this is all done and the bugs, if any, taken out, then we can contruct the PDF of this method.

The other PDF, for the BB DNA method, which uses the CBL, will have to consist of [U]several parts[/U] because of the amount of material involved and the difficulties posting a single large PDF on this forum.

I regret to inform that the Profit Walk exit strategy as it stands does not work well at all in careful testing.

[B]ā€¦in fact it is a failure!! [/B] :eek: :eek:

Sorry about this. :o
But that is what testing is all about.

(sigh)
Back to the drawing board!! :frowning:

not easy task indeed
if i may ask, for what TF does it work?

It was meant for all timeframes.

(sigh) - I guess I am still suffering from depression. :frowning: :frowning:

ā€¦Butā€¦

ā€¦I will just have to pick up the broken pieces and move on.

to be honest u r trying to beat the best out there //psar,macd x,fib// in one shotā€¦
great minds r like pibulls, once locked on it, they wont let go :slight_smile:
best wishes,xxed fingers all the way,looing forward to those freshest pdfā€™s like others in the room, wheter this ultimate exit strategy will b part of it now or laterā€¦cheers and good luck

To be quite honest, georgie75, I am not too happy with your ongoing comments. :frowning:

You are a new person here, and it seems to me that you are trying to direct the work.

[B]Please take a back seat!! [/B] :wink:
Kindly let me do the work and you do the learning.

That way we will all get on together.

If you are not happy with the developments on this thread, you can always go elsewhere!! :stuck_out_tongue: