The finest in trend trading

I am not sure where this is coming from. Other than his incredibly poor typing skills, I have not seen a “push” from him to direct anything. Just comments mostly.

Did I miss something?

Its OK, [B]Robk[/B]. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I have got it under control now. :wink:

i hope it’s ok to ask this, i don’t want to interfere with the learning curve and the momentum of this thread.:slight_smile:
i had 7 wins out of 8 yesterday with dna, really happy with that:D

i’m posting the one i lost in the hope that i can learn from it because maybe i did something wrong. it’s usdcad H4.
my own thinking it was just a case of pa going against me and an acceptable loss.

edit: i’m taking all cbls on H1 and H4 time frames for practice, none of the 7 wins above came from a squeeze, just a valid cbl with opp BB contracting. i was using a 2 cbl, i used 1 cbl in this case as body of extreme candle was smaller than body of previous candle.

Francis, I’m still a beginner too, so I may be totally off on this, but I would say that the trade is actually in a do not trade zone…

I think the outer and inner BB’s should be level then you can consider the trade…

Maybe a PRO can comment better though.

yes i think it’s a no trade zone also

for practice i’m taking every cbl i see on the H1 and H4 time frames. The opp BB at the time of entry was contracting at the open of the entry candle. as it was counter trend i set tp at mid bb only. what i do notice now on further examination is that the mid bb was pointing up at more than 2 o clock, a signal to perhaps keep out.

i know Tymen had advised only trading squeeze areas but i was just looking for the extra practice taking all cbls with contracting opp BB.

none of the 7 wins out of the 8 trades taken yesterday came from a squeeze area, they were all taken in the manner above the only real difference i can see is that the mid BB was steeper this time.

You must use 3 CBL entry rules in that situation
But you have followed the entry rules of “Squeeze” with 1 CBL

i think that is my mistake

i was using a 2 cbl for entry but as the body of the extreme candle was smaller than the body of the previous candle in this case i used a 1 cbl.

a 3 cbl would have kept me out of this trade.
thanks

Also, their are two entry rules for entering in a BB Sausage or Bubble.

1. Your entry candle must close above/below the CBL to be valid. (Good in your trade)

2. The body of your entry candle must be smaller then the one of your extreme candle… (Fail)

Just wanted, as a reminder to myself too :D, that Tymen’s last modification was to describe these zones as “NO TRADE”.

At the moment he stated that it was much much safer to trade squeezes, in hope of a breakout in a BB walk.

So trade the retracements from Bubbles/Sausages at your own peril! I know I don’t try with them being a complete noob :stuck_out_tongue:

[B]These are the notes I make about your trade Francis…[/B]

1. Your CBL was correct. :slight_smile:

2. you should have entered as soon as the price action crosses the CBL.
    That is, trade live price action - do not wait for a close.

3)The mid BB was going well against you - a warning. :eek:

1. If the price action goes against you on the very first candle, then exit at the half way point of the extreme candle.

2. It is of great assistance to get the trend direction in the higher timeframe if the mid BB is showing such a slope against you.
    The higher timeframe trend would have kept you out of the trade.

3. There is absolutely no point in taking trades outside of squeeze areas.
    Not only are they prone to failure, but you are missing out on vital practise in detecting squeeze area trades.
    Being able to detect a squeeze is a skill that you need for this method.
    So you need to practise it!! :wink:

4. So forget about taking every trade and concentrate on squeeze area trades from now on!! :cool:

A 3 CBL is NEVER used in the BB DNA method. :wink:

"7) So forget about taking every trade and concentrate on squeeze area trades from now on!! "

i was reluctant at first to ask about my bad trade but now i’m glad i did, thanks for the clarifications and corrections Tymen:)

thanks everyone else who tried to help too:)

Thanks for the clarification Tymen
I use [B][I]only[/I][/B] the squeeze ( 1HR charts )and exit with psar/midbb getting more than 80% winning rate
I very happy with DNA method
Thanks a lot TYMEN

Tymen,

I once again catch up. Things get busy and it’s easy to fall back.

Are you saying the new exit strategy is no good? It looks very promising.

Also, are you still using the BB slope indicator to insure a good probability?

This one is coming [B]VulcanClassic[/B]!! :slight_smile:

Compliments of our GFT Dealbook CTL programming master, [B]Ken DoubleU.[/B] :wink:

I have seen a preview of it.

Again, Tymen the amount of learning going on in this thread is just unreal. Thank you (and everyone else) for all of your contributions!

Hello guys, I came back a little to trade.
I took a walk BB this morning , I am attaching some pictures.
The trade is still open …
Regards, Didier.

The new exit strategy I have designed is most definitely a failure. :eek: :frowning:

[B]Ken DoubleU[/B] has worked with me in an effort to resurrect it, but my further testing shows that it is beyond salvation.

So I am on the drawing board again - I am looking at a modified PSAR as well as a flash of insight I have gained recently. :smiley: :smiley:

Also, are you still using the BB slope indicator to insure a good probability?

With my experience, I do not need to use the slopemeter.
I personally dislike indicators cluttering up my charts.

But newbies to this method may like it because it instils confidence.

Just a quick note for people to update their bookmarks for our chat site for Bollinger Band DNA. We now have a registered domain name. You can find the BB DNA community network at www.BollDNA.com.

(BP mods, this is NOT a promotional, for-profit site of any kind. It is run entirely by us from the BP forums to discuss Tymen’s BB DNA. It’s the same chat network we’ve been using for months and previously mentioned several times in this thread; it just has a domain name now. Please don’t BAN ME. ;))

Additionally, BollDNA now features a Forum and personal Blogs to discuss BB DNA in greater detail.

[B]Webinars:[/B]

We are currently still working with Freebinar for our online, Live webinars. I am briefing Tymen in their use and, when he is ready, new webinars will be announced. We now have live desktop sharing with voice communication for up to 150 attendees at a time.

That’s it for now. See you guys on chat!

I am still working on a DNA Profit Walk exit strategy. :slight_smile:

I have written a new program which works well but I feel the exit point is not good enough.
I can put the program down here if someone would like to use it. :slight_smile:

I sense that the best approach now is for me to use a modified form of PSAR since the sar works well for conventional BB DNA trades.

This new version will take me a few days to construct, [B]but when finished, brings everything on this thread to a final conclusion.[/B]