The finest in trend trading

Speaking of giving back: There is apparently an issue with large PDF’s. In a parallel universe I am learning about building web sites. I can offer to host PDF’s and whatever else we need on my commercially hosted domain. It affords me unlimited bandwidth, storage, databases etc. I really would be honored to be allowed to participate and give back in this manner. Please consider and let me know. Also, I wonder due to problems with PM’s for us noobs, is it reasonable to use external connection methods such as Facebook and the like? Do I get in trouble if I say you can find me there under needynotshy.:cool:

Keep on Pippin!:slight_smile:
Needy

HA! My Philipe Cahen book was just delivered.:smiley:

Well, back to the books…will I ever get to trade?? :o

N

I surely have been getting a lot lately. A bit confused as well, but isn’t a head fake one of the major problems in Bollinger Band trading in entering at the band-walking?

Thank you for telling us, Johnnykanoo, and thank you for choosing my thread in order to post your news!!

I feel very honored!!

Thanks Tymen, you always have such kind things to say.

Forget it Zaboon - you are running off on a tangent!! :eek: :eek:

It is not going to be a problem!!

Learn what is in this thread instead of wasting time philosophising about what may be. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If you translated the Long code and the Short code straight from the 2 codes I posted on the thread, then that is it.

There should not be a problem.

It may be that in the language translation there is a loss in meaning - I do not know.

The codes are fully integrated in the programs and you cannot separate bit out of it.

Hello Tymen
I hope you are in good health. just to let you know I have not deserted you, need to catch up with your excellent work and hope to be able to contribute again soon

Oops, quite right. I haven’t had time to load and demo the exit indicator so it completely slipped my mind. I’ll work on that shortly :slight_smile:

Would be appreciated if you could just explain a bit. Because certainly the price action can go to the opposite direction from what you expect after the squeeze? So, you just stop the loss and re-enter? I am sure that would be the simplest way after all. But I am even looking for a way to avoid that fake move, not even to enter when the price action goes beyond the extreme band. (I have some information on it but would love to hear your opinion on this.)

So for example, though that picture is not perfect one, if the price action goes like that, what we must do? I think it is “Retracement price action - diagram D” according to your word?

The red circle is the spot you think of entering but the price action goes a wrong way. The head fake in the picture is not so bad one as the price action is rather gradually falling to the middleline. But it is very problematic when there is a bad head fake when the price action suddenly drops downward.

P.S. oops! Sorry I failed to put the image here… :frowning:

What you are looking for is what we are all looking for (and may not be able to find, even with Tymen’s help). It is The Holy Grail of BB Breakouts.

(I have some information on it but would love to hear your opinion on this.)
If you have information, please share. After all, that is the purpose of the thread.
:wink:

[B]This thread is definitely not for time wasters!![/B] :mad:

Before I answer your question to your complete satisfaction, provide us with the following information…

1. Have you read + studied the whole of this thread? - give details.
  2. Have you enrolled with a broker - if so, who?
  3. Have you done the exercises in this thread?
  4. Have you done any demo trading?
  5. What strategy are you trying out with your demo trading?
  6. If you are practising the DNA method, tell us what results you are getting?
  7. Tell us what NO TRADE areas are?
  8. What is an O-O trade?
  9. What is an O-BB trade?
  10. What is used as a trailing stop loss in the DNA method?

If you cannot answer these questions fully and/or correctly then neither can I answer your question. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

This thread is about [U]participation[/U], not about newbies just plonking in here with irrelevant questions that distract this thread from its main goal and just waste my time!! :frowning:

Hello again,

I suppose you have been on holidays!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Nothing serious in your life I hope. :eek:

Welcome back - I am about to embark on the construction of the PDF for the BB DNA method!!

Good on you, [B]NeedyPips[/B]!!

[B]Someone showing initiative!! [/B] :slight_smile:

I think you will find the book very rewarding, if not a little technical.

Speaking of giving back: There is apparently an issue with large PDF’s… I can offer to host PDF’s and whatever else we need on my commercially hosted domain.

Great contribution.!! :slight_smile:

The people you need to speak to are our participating computer experts, namely, [B]Merchantprince, DodgeV83[/B] and [B]IronHeart[/B].

They are more than capable of handling anything you throw at them about domains etc. :slight_smile:

Please, easy on me… I am newbie so there is no such harsh words…and I entered this thread because this is under “Newbie Island”.

Perhaps, you got tired of all those people who distracted your thread before. I have no intention of messing this thread, but if you think I did, I apologize.

I only needed few lines of explanation on that really, that is all. And if you did not want to explain, you could have said just “No.” That is the way to save time :smiley:

OK. To save my time in my part, I answer in this way:

I use the Bollinger Band to trade as well, and the way I do is a little different from yours. So I certainly do not follow everything you believe in here. But as a big fan of the Bollinger Band, I like to see what other friends do with it.

All I can tell you is that the way I use the Bollinger Band is VERY similar to yours. The big difference is the entry and exit, really.

To satisfy you a bit more, I know the price action, the band-walk. Or the basic rule of the indicator in trading. (I also know squeeze, expansion, just did not know their names! Rachel and Denise lol)

Hi Graviton,

can i pick your brains on your use of the higher TF trends…

ok, 30m TF is in a squeeze, PA hits the bottom BB… outer BB’S level…

could go either way, got a nice extreme candle… could bounce back to the upper BB…

but… 3 hour and daily TF showing extreme downtrend… a BB walk down…

so now im seeing the 30 TF as a retrace from the overall downtrend, and as the downtrend on the higher TF still looks strong… i wait, presuming that the 30 TF is going to follow it down… if the higher TF were showing an uptrend of course i would of set up a CBL expecting the PA to bounce back up to the top BB ???

Hey Tymen,
just want to leave note that im still there, looking forward to help.

Im a little short on time those last days. Sorry for not participating too much! :wink:

[B]The BB DNA method does not suffer from “head fake” problems.[/B]
It is superior to that. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Since you use a [U]different [/U]method of trading, you need to find answers that suit your own method of trading.
In short, you are asking the wrong people.
You do not go to a Ford mechanic if you are driving a Renault.

I suggest that if the problem is urgent and pressing for you than you consult the internet or open a thread of your own asking the question on this forum.

[B]That is the end of the matter!![/B]

I am building the PDF for this method and will NOT be distracted further.

[B]Graviton [/B]will do well to understand this question.

Personally, I find it totally confusing without charts to illustrate.

Here is how you upload charts onto this thread…

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/30564-how-post-charts-forum-upgraded.html

Thanks a lot. It is not urgent at all. Just wanted to know if an indicator could do a trick or something.

I am guessing but is it the way you enter or NOT enter the band with your DNA method? :smiley:

John Bollinger said wait though. That would be way too easy, it seems…

Anyway, the downloaded PDF had some nice pictures. Good work! I could use of those. I won’t bother you and your thread any more. Good luck :cool:

Technicl indeed! I’m sure I’ll have to read it twice.

I have often been criticized for being ‘technical’. :smiley:

Mucho Thank You and please take care,
Needy