The finest in trend trading

ok graviton, im reading your thread now, should of done that first really…

will wait until i have caught up then test it…

i like the idea of using tymens system with the added confidence of knowing whats happening on all the tf’s…

i was in the mindset of looking for 1 tf for entries and i was finding that a bit random, looking at the bigger picture over all the tf’s, picking the trend of the pair, then looking for your entry seems a much more calculated way of picking trades…

i notice that you look for the trend first then the entry… do you ever look for the entry first and then check to see if the trends on the other tf’s go with it?

Yes, sometimes I’m flipping through charts and an entry set-up just jumps out at me by accident. Most of the time though, when I check the higher level chart it’s against the trend, so I don’t take it per my rules. Most of the time if there is a good entry say on the 1H chart in the direction of the 4H trend, I’ve been waiting on the setup for hours. It doesn’t take me long to scan all the daily, 4H and hourly charts each morning and if there is a set-up developing, I’ll put it on my watch list for the day. It’s not unusual for me to have a half dozen or more pairs on my watch list just waiting for a proper set-up. Since the longer time frame charts move so slowly, it’s easy to follow 20 pairs if you have no life. If you have a life, you may only be able to do this on the 4H and above, forgoing trading the 1H charts except to help time entries. In general, shorter timeframes offer more action and are great fun, longer timeframes offer more pips for less screen time. Each to their own.

Hello Tymen,
Just finished reading your entire thread. Amazing work and great learning experience so far. Just wondering if you have a method that can produce better win/loss ratio than BB DNA method without using indicators, than why bother with creating pdf’s for DNA method! Personally I prefer indicator free trading because even with the high win/loss ratio the success of the BB DNA method depends on how accurately we can recognize the Bolinger Band as they are forming. So, it will be great if we can start working on your new indicator free trading. Wish you all the best.

I think after all the work put into the BB DNA method, not only from Tymen but from:

·Graviton
·Merchantprince
·Dodgev83
·KenDoubleU
·Ironheart
·Hordane
·Unrepipant
·NorwegianBlue
·Nforex
·And surely others I can’t remember now

this method really deserves its own PDF.
It’s like the “Candlestick Trading Method”, designed by Tymen too. I guess he somewhat thought about the DNA method while investigating for it and made a simpler method and it seems more reliable to those who are new at trading :).

Now the same happens, about 75% of the enhancing period of his current developing method he began hinting about a new stand alone method and now he is implying that has potential to be better and, more indicator free!, than the BB DNA so he will work on it until next year when he will post it.

You know, Tymen prepare before hand months of charts to present a trading method so it’s easy and mostly visual teaching with exercises here and there to have us involved. That’s why he is a top notch teacher, he is not posting a “just do this and that, load this indicators and voila”.

I know it’s not a good comparison because here there’s zero economical interest for his part but…

Pharmaceutical companies spend years and years developing and testing new drugs. Many times during it’s development phase a new one with better potential (on paper) may apply for research so they begin working on it.
Do you think they forget about the previous one? No! not only because of the millions put into it but because if you know you have something working you must finish the work and then spend time investigating to prove the usefulness and potential of the other. That way you ensure “real life” progression.

Welcome to the forums and let me invite you to the other staple in our education: Graviton’s Multi Time Frame Trading!

That way you can keep on learning while waiting for the final PDF. And believe me that if you download our current pdf’s read them several times… everytime you do you find something new you did not realize before :wink:

I’ve been trying to catch up on this thread for a week, I’m only on page 12. I’ve learned a lot with just the definition of a trend believe it or not. I never managed to nail down a definition. However, I am very interested in this method, and or how it all developed, at my current rate of reading 2-4 pages a day with a handful spam/junk messages and such I will never be able to participate. Is there a condensed version somewhere, or a recap post somewhere in the hundreds so I can skip 100 pages or so =)

Will all the information be in the PDF, or will it be a final draft of all ideas hammered out? I know I would serve me best to read this thread from start to finish and I intend to do just that but would prefer a more to the point and condensed version.

And from what it sounds an indicatorless trading system, I’m all ears, thats what I’ve been looking for. =)

[B]Simy[/B], MerchantPrince has produced a few PDFs that can be found in the Bollinger Band DNA chatroom (www(dot)bolldna(dot)com) Bollinger Band DNA - FOREX Trading using the Tymen Bollinger Band Strategy) under the “Essential Downloads” section. You will need to sign up in order to access them. These are not the final version, but contain the most important excerpts from the thread and the DNA method. [B]Tymen [/B]is currently working on a final version, but these should be enough for now to keep you busy at least until his final version is ready.

Tymen, I’ll offer just a little feedback. I’m having fantastic results trading your system on the 4H time frame. It seems a little slow at first for those used to trading shorter timeframes, but the 4H offers many good opportunities to add on additional lots once profit is +50 pips or better. I must confess that I do take trades in the no trade zone, but only if the midband is not pointing against me more than 2 O’clock up or less than 4 O’clock down. I also don’t take them if we are in a long BB walk against my trade, and if any doubt, I wait until I get a 2 cbl to be extra sure. Also, per my personal trading rules, I only trade in the direction of the higher level trend. Anyway, those simple rules have greatly improved my w/l ratio. Thanks for all the good work you have put into this method. Now you have me all excited about what is to come :smiley:

[B]Graviton [/B]is correct in this regard and I thank him for his support. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Something wonderful is about to happen!! :slight_smile:

On Sunday 29, just past, we had a morning church sermon…“count it all joy breatheren when you encounter various trials…”

[B]This was prophetic and I knew it.[/B]

That afternnoon I took a break from PDF construction and posted worthwhile information about gambling on a certain thread on Babypips.
I quoted Scripture and took a stand against gambling and suggested that forex was not gambling.

The evening sermon was an elaboration of the morning one - wow!!
I knew then that I was about to receive an attack.
[B]For-armed is for-warned.[/B]

Sure enough, the next day, the forex underworld bilge rats had been stirred, and there were very abusive replies to my posts.
The ****roaches came out of the woodwork and spat venom on this thread also.
At the same time, the dogs living next door to me started barking like never before - one from 5 am to 9 am, a second on the other side, from 9 am to 5 pm, all non stop.

The devil only attacks those whom are a threat to him.
I know when these trials occur, great victory is just around the corner.
It is like a pregnancy (great pain), leading to a birth (great joy).

[B]So effectively I rejoice and ignore the abuse.[/B]
After all, these characters have a very low intelligence compared to my vastly superior intelligence.
Being unable to debate from facts, they resort to personal abuse.
Theirs is the lowest form of American behaviour, and I do not want to embarass my country of Australia by stooping so low as to reply to them.

It would be an honor for them to lick my boot!! :stuck_out_tongue:

[B]Being filled with hate, they may well be muslim terrorists.[/B]
This is an open public forum.
They may even be aligned with al quaida - who knows?

[B]My greatest disappointment, however, is with the Babypips administration.[/B]
Over the years I have been here, they have been hammered by many senior members to lift their game.
I have reported every abusive post and they have done nothing.
Their continuing incompetance has made me very tired of them and I now claim that their management of this site is so appalling, it is the pits.

Forex Factory is nothing like this - cause trouble there and you are out!!

[B]I have sent them one last email, calling them to account before I openly suspect that they may be corrupt.[/B]

They have religiously asked me to report abusive posts, now they do nothing, I have good reason to suspect foul play on their part, even encouraging the abusive posts behind the scenes.
I have had enough of their hypocrisy.

Having said that, even if Babypips licks its wounds and bans me, I look forward to a great breakthro in the very near days ahead.
An attack of this kind (a death) does not come with out a resurection!!

[B]So I rejoice at what wonderful things are about to happen ahead!![/B]

I suspect you mean “foul play”. Fowl is a word referring to birds in general but usually refers to birds belonging to one of two biological orders, namely the gamefowl or landfowl.

Its all about generation of traffic. If people are on your website, or in your chat room how does that help promote their business ?

I’ll say no more.

A spelling mistake.
I will correct it.

Good to know some people are reading.

Open for business again, lets keep it on track everyone!

Agreed. Please do not feed the trolls.

Here is the latest version of the omnibus, you should be able to download without issue. If you experience a problem please IM me or email me directly instead of posting a comment (it is offtrack).

Hello friends traders, just a quick info.
For those who are not able to download the BB Trailing Profit Walk SL created by Tymen and recoded by Ironheart, just ask a SMA 8 Median Price, and you have very little which is a TS.
Hoping that it will.:slight_smile:
Regards, Didier.

Wow! I have just read the PDF, I am amazed by the quality of your work, and the layout is clear and airy.
Really, here is a very good bedside reading.:smiley:
Congratulations and respect for this great work of compilation.
Regards, Didier.

Ok, I have finished the administrative work.

We will see where it heads.

I am going to return to the work of constructing the DNA PDF.
If anything goes wrong, it will appear on the chatroom.

With great help from [B]Ken DoubleU[/B] giving me further lessons on CTL programming, I am also working on the Profit Walk method.

Although it is basically a naked chart, there is nothing wrong with having a stoploss + exit indicator.

Nice work, H. Updating the link on BollDNA Essential Downloads.:cool:

Thanks, Graviton.

Agreed.
Posts will be reported instead.

Thanks for the updated PDF Hordane! :slight_smile:

All my charting is taken from my demo program of GFT, which is my broker.
My live program chart remains secret and unaffected for safety.