The finest in trend trading

I’ve already watched the video but it didn’t help. It think the problem is getting my computer to unzip the files. Lots of good advice on those videos. They are much more help than the Mt4 help section.

Thank You, Tymen! I really appreciate the clarification. I’ve already manually installed the EMAs and saved the template (if anyone uses Trading Station II from FXCM for their platform and would like the template to save a little time, PM me). With the MMACD in place, I now have my charts all set up to follow along the rest of the course.

I do want to take a second to say that on the contrary the Tymen candlesticks threads were some of the best I’ve ever read and the knowledge gained there was worth it’s weight in gold. I still do use what I learned there every day in my trading.

The only issue with JoCT was with the amount of time one had to spend at the comp to grab just a few chances per day to trade. I know you touched on these very limitations early in this thread and I am very happy to see you back once again teaching us this new technique, which I’m already certain will be a delight to employ.
:slight_smile:

What is your process?

With MT4 you usually don’t unzip the file outside the program before you install it.

Shut down MT4 first.

Right click the zip file, a window will pop up asking for direction. Choose the “extract all” option.

Another window will pop up with a destination request.

Choose the “browse” option, then go to “computer”.

Click “computer”, and you will get a list of places, and drives.

Choose your C: drive. Another window will pop up with a list of folders. Choose “program files”. If you are using Windows Vista, MT4 will be in “programs(x86)”.

Scroll through the programs, find the MT4 program and expand it by clicking the + sign.

If the file you are installing has a “tpl” extension, such as the Guppy MA series, that will go into the “templates” file on the main page. Highlight that, and click “okay” and that will take you back to that original page with the “browse” option on it.

Click the “extract” option on the bottom of that window, and follow the prompts from there.

The MMACD indicator will extract to a different place.

In the MT4 expanded list, look for “experts”, and expand that option, and then scroll down to “indicators”.

Highlight that option, click "okay"band then it will once again take you back to that “browse” page. Hit the “extract” button at the bottom, and follow the prompts.

To open the MMACD, choose the “insert” tab at the top of MT4 program.

Once open, mouse over “indicators” another window will open, mouse over “custom” at the bottom of that window, and click.

Choose the MMACD indicator by clicking it.

Once that is open, scroll over the the templates icon on the far right of the tabs. Click it, and a drop down window will open.

Select the Guppy template, and click.

Hope that helps!

When I right click on the zip file I don’t get anything that say “extract”, the closest thing is “save target as” which is what I use. I then go through all the steps similar to your outline and it does show it in my templates file. But when I then open up Mt4 it does not show it in the templates. It has worked fine in times past but since a few weeks ago when I was trying to learn how to post charts I think I activated “paint” or something…so perhaps I messed something up. I’ve got it working now since I was able to load the attachments.

I ended using snagIt and photobucket for posting which I like very much. If I can’t figure out what setting I changed perhaps I’ll try “restore” and see if that helps.

Thanks very much for your help. It’s great to know that babypip members are so willing to help and share their knowledge.

That indicates you may have never properly downloaded the file, and are trying to install it directly from the link posted.

To help you further, what browser are you using?

That is the little window that opens when I first right click on the link/file here on this thread, before any downloaded has started.
I using Internet Explorer…latest version…7, I think. I also have XP Pro.

Okay.

Grasshopper, right click is your enemy in this case.

LEFT click the link, and all will be answered:D

Save the link as the zip to your desktop, and then use the other instructions to install it.

Try that

Cheers!

nice thread going on here, it is similiar to what I do now. I have a couple of indicators that may help ya out here. first two are the moving averages in one indicator. they actually have eight but I blocked the last two, to follow the teaching here. They are all preset to what is needed. one groups the highs and the other the lows. you can change the colors as needed. I have blocked the histogram feature and color change features. the third is an macd that I use. I have blocked most of the custom functions so it just indicates what is being taught here. It does have a histogram and an additional two signal lines. as I say it will just show the macd line and is hardcoded to what tymen is teaching.

as he progresses I will make adjustments to the indicator. at the end I will post the mq file for all, so currently I have just posted the ex file.

they are zipped if you can not open them google zar and download the unloader file to open. then find your platform file in what ever drive you are using. look for program files, then look for your platform name, then look for the experts file then look for the indicator file. that is where you want to place these.

Great thread keep up the good work… by the way 70f here but 120f is only a couple months away…yuk

happy trading
Tom

After watching a video on youtube How to Zip and Unzip (Beginner Tutorial, Windows XP) I found out what I was doing wrong. I downloaded the zipped folder on to my desktop…then right clicked to get the window that says “extract all”…then directed the extracted file to be sent to C drive/programfiles/metatrader/experts/indicators. When I opened Metatrader charts…there they were…in with the custom indicators.

The step I was missing was extracting them correctly. The video spelled out for me just how to do it.

Thanks to all of you and for your help…Very much appreciated.

After re-reading some of your helpful instructional posts I can see that I ended up doing what you posts told me to do. I guess seeing the video was able to cut through my brain fog and enable me to put it in action…grateful for the pause button. And very grateful for your help. Thanks again!

Us oldies are not so slick in handling computers!! :smiley: :smiley:

But you have done very well.
Congratulations!! :slight_smile:

We will get there!! :smiley:

Yes.

… and using the GMMA for montering them afterwards,

Yes.

or do we only enter if both the MMACD and GMMA are giving us good signels?

The MMACD is only a signal when it crosses the zero line - we act.

The GMMA is correlated to the MMACD so it becomes a visual monitoring signal - if the red lines become very compressed, we consider getting out of the trade.

When the trade is underway, you could even remove the GMMA, it serves little purpose other than that above.

I’m probably missing something, but it looks like we are mainly going to trade off of the MMACD?

No, not missing anything - this observation is correct!! :slight_smile:

I don’t know what that orange line is doing on your chart.

For the rest, yes, you do need the MMACD!! :wink: :wink:

The GMMA can be used as ornamental observation.
It has a beauty about it.

I have not forgotten this.

These are in the syllabus and will come later!! :slight_smile: :wink:

You are welcome, [B]Merchantprince[/B]!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

It is the least I can do for you since you have helped me so much in the past. :slight_smile:

Welcome to the technical support team, [B]Master Tang!![/B] :smiley: :smiley:

I love technical support teams on my threads.
With them, things get done!!
I would be lost without them!! :o :o

So with [B]Black Swan, Master Tang[/B] and now also [B]cubanpip2010 [/B]to the rescue, we are sure to make it thro to success!!

I only need [B]DodgeV83 [/B]to come on board,
(I may send him a private message).

Here is the Nifty candle clock I mentioned previously…someone wanted me to post the indicator. I’m in the learning stage so hope it post correctly.

I keep getting an “Upload error” message “Invalid file” when I try to upload it.

Any suggestions?

Sometimes I feel like Tom Dooley in the song where he is about to be hanged (or was that some other song where the guy is about to be hanged…at my age memory loss is a given…and excusable…I hope) “This whole thing has sure been a lesson to me”.
You could take this comment one of two ways.

1. Learning to be skillful at computers is going to be the death of me.
  2. At my age (68) I may die before I learn it. :slight_smile:

Yeah! It worked. I had to compress (zip) it first…as per hellogoodbye’s instructions. Thanks to all of you for your help. (I’m learning so much more than trading on this thread.)

b-clock_modified.zip (792 Bytes)

Try this one. you may like it too.

Clock.zip (8.98 KB)

Hi
At the moment the 200ma is not included in this method, With many novice traders here any deviation from the setup given by Tymen can cause distraction

where’d you get that indi?