The finest in trend trading

ok, ok
the question is which is the candle for B?
For B is middle candle.

I think you enter at the open of the last green candle (see pink arrow).
The MMACD cross is between the two previous candles, so you must wait for the close of the candle (green arrow candle) to confirm the cross.

Am I right?

The MMACD line is drawn from the wick of the previous candle to the wick of the current candle (half way of the previous candle to the first half of the current candle). Now look at Tymenā€™s chart.

The cross over (B) happens between the second half of the third to last green candle and the first half of the second to last green candle, therefore youā€™d have to wait for the second to last green candle to close before confirming the MMACD cross. After confirmation (second to last green candle close) you would then close your current position (short) and then open the opposite position (long) on the opening of the last green candle.

Technically B happens on the second to last candle (upon the close of the candle), but you have to wait for it to close before it can be confirmed, therefore no action is taken until the last green candle.

No cheat sheet yet.
Even though there are still more lessons to come we can get started on one summarizing everything so far and add tymen1 continues the lesson.

Tymen this thread contains some very useful information on the GMMA and I do appreciate your efforts to teach this system but introducing a little information each day while taking comments inbetween makes for a very disjointed and long winded learning experience and Iā€™m sure a lot of people will miss out on the information you have posted because they will be put off by having to trawl through a 60 page thread to pull out the information.

I dont agree :slight_smile:
we must enter when the candle B is closed (next candle is not formed at the time the candle B was closed). :slight_smile:

We may be close, i say when candle with pink arrow candle opens so maybe seconds apart :smiley:

He gave us an exercise to think and this is what we did. And if we had not thought about his exercise, he would have thought that we dont care. I think he wants to hear our answers!

Hey MorePips4Me, could i get or could you post the mq4 (as opposed to the ex4) files?

can you pick the timeframe you wish the indicator to show? or have you set it to a single TF? also how can i get email alerts sent to my phone? i used to remember how but i forgot

:smiley: Just learning to code mql4 myself, my MMACD is here and I am looking to see how others have coded the same thing codepad.org/T1HuTKrc Didnā€™t mean to offend if I did.

For email, you need to set up your own email server settings etc. under Tools>Options, email tab. Then see here for the code to send an email SendMail - Common Functions - MQL4 Reference

please continue at what ever pace you wish, Tymen

This is a great thread and Iā€™m learning alot.

Thanks for taking the time to share your information with us

Tymen, Iā€™m one of the lurkers of your candlestick part 1 and 2 thread. Your pacing is the style I enjoy the most.

God Bless.

Hello everyone

Does this look like a valid long entry?
Thanks
Jack

Tymen did mention that a pdf would be released after the teaching was done. Your banter of getting everything all at once isnā€™t going to get you anything right now. Tymen has already stated multiple times that he has chosen to present this in a way heā€™s prepared for quite a LONG time, I respect that and so should others. Please donā€™t take offense to how Iā€™m saying this.

I appreciate the time Tymen is putting in, rather than posting a system and saying run with it.

Iwasnt asking Tymen to give me anything right now or anytime after.
I was just giving my opinion on his prefered method of delivering this study.

Apologies for my assumptions.

to Tymen: I might have lost the trail after reading from page 1 but you did mention that trading using trend lines, we can go with option 1: indicators, and most likely there will be another discussion having no indicators, am I correct? Or have I concluded something that did not exist? :confused: :slight_smile:

We seem to be on the same timezone, GMT+8?

Good day.

I think when teaching this method, itā€™s necessary to have some form of an indicator especially when dealing with something subjective like a trend. People may see a trend differently (e.g starts/ends earlier etc.). In that way I think itā€™s best to have these indicators at least as a baseline so that everyone can follow. Whether one adds the trendlines on top of the chart setup would only refine and make the trading style unique to each individual trader.

Just my thoughts, by no means am I starting an ā€œIndicators are for foolsā€ type of argument. I just feel it compliments the subjective topic at hand :slight_smile: