The finest in trend trading

Test post only to see if my own resizing will produce better images to start with…image resized to 51%

With reduction 52% I get the re-size bar.
The width on my screen is 24.5 cm.

With reduction 51%, the resize bar is eliminated!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
And the width on my screen is 24.0 cm.

Ideally I would like to resize to 51.5% but Microsoft Paint wants an integer and cannot handle decimal places.

So in the interests of getting better quality to start with, I will do all my own resizing to 51%
This way you will get a first class picture/chart from the very beginning as you scroll thro the posts. :slight_smile:
There will be no need to click on a re-size bar to get a better image.

[B]From now on the image you first see is also the best and only image!!

If a larger image is needed for clarity I will tell you so in the post in advance.
This will be rare.[/B]

Lets try the MACD and MMACD for RenaLa again using this resizing method I use…

First MACD >>>

Now MMACD >>>

Much better!!
Upload on Photobucket takes only about half as long too.
Nice side benefit!! :slight_smile: :smiley:

So now, for this excellent naked trading method, we will also have excellent pictures and charts!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I don’t understand what the 2 lines means on the MMACD and MACD are. The blue line and the red and green lines? In a regular MACD theres the MACD, signal and histogram plots. I know we are on naked now but I would like to understand what do the 2 plots on the diagrams shown represent?

In the MMACD the “MACD” line is in blue.

The “signal” line has been omitted entirely.

The red and green lines are the histogram plots.

The confusion may come from the fact that the signal line has been omitted.

As you say, the standard MACD gives 4 things -
MACD line,
signal line,
green histogram,
red histogram.

The MMACD on the other hand, gives only 3 things -
MACD line in blue,
green histogram,
red histogram.

[B]NO SIGNAL line.[/B]

Hope this helps. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

thank you tymen for extra explanation and clarification :slight_smile:

hmm …
btw, I cant see the difference between MACD line and signal line

See post #1495 above. :slight_smile:

what blue MACD line does?

Hey everyone, just got back from some Sunday sports!

Sure Renala, I will add a bold 0 line, which will make the indicator easier to use.

Although you can also do this yourself, you will have to do it each time you reload the indicator onto another chart.

I’ll repost again with the indicator soon.

i didnt think we were going to use indicators for the “naked trend trading”, so why are you guys bothering with the mmacd?..

+1…10char

I will use tymen’s system trend trading with indicators as at this time its only the system I know and It works great for me :slight_smile:

thank you IronHeart for indicator improvement, it will be more comfortable to use :slight_smile:
I am waiting for it with the great anticipation :slight_smile:

Same here! :slight_smile:

no i wasnt really directing the post at anyone “RENA LA”, it just tymen mentioned that he has extensively tested that system and said it did not really work…

if you look back about 5-10 pages i made a post stating that i made +50 pips in one day using the system, so i know it can work too…

i guess if you can make it work for you then go for it…

gezza10, I dont want to ague with you any longer …
and I’m able to desire what to go for

Hi RenaLa, please find your request attached.

Although I have extensively tested the MMACD(3,50) and the MACD(12,26) over months of data, I find it hard to convince myself that it’s the best way to trade.

With the set of rules I’ve created, my tests have shown 300-600pips per month of profit are largely viable. Test results like this are reason enough for anyone to quit their day job, but test results hardly ever translate with a 100% accuracy into real-life results!

Good luck to everyone in trading this indicator, hopefully your experience (and mine) will be whipsaw-free.

MMACD.zip (1.05 KB)

Maybe i’m just being daft but I have been trading the system without much luck. I get about half positive and half negative but It seems the simple method for exit gets me out too early and the Parabolic Sar and Stochastic get me out too late so in total I’m still in the red…I should add though that I am enjoying the thread none the less

I put it in an EA and tested it too but it didn’t fair too well either.

Guess I’m not ready to be a pro trader yet, I’ll have to spend another month in the school of Tymen

argue?!

i have just agreed with you, that it can work…

you need to grasp english better or nothing will make much sense :rolleyes: