The finest in trend trading

Can we have an Amen?

But it’s ok for Buckscoder to quip?

DOUBLE STANDARD.

Remember, it’s in the BabyPips forum rules that you have to make a joke.

1. Have fun. If you don’t throw in a corny joke with your posts, it will get deleted…just kidding! But do try to have fun!

Holy smoke. I just told you, you must be a genius. Anything wrong with that? :smiley:

Somebody cries like a baby, act like a baby and probably is a baby, but you are a genius! I seriously hope I can join your groupie fan club one day. :slight_smile:

Wasn’t this a debunking thread, was it? Well, to be really seriously, your writings amuse me. Keep on rolling … :slight_smile:

Well jaquille, take it easy please. Today is my profit day and if my loss day will come, I will cry, too. But I won’t point to others about that. :wink:

Oh, I see, this was the other thread. I am getting older and make mistakes. Hopefully not in trading.

To be really serious about my opinion: I learned more from Tyman in one day than from your stuff in 2 months. Subjective matter, though. Plus, it includes that I learned from you also, doesn’t it? Ya know, I learn from anything and everybody. Not to throw that to you, but I learn also from others mistakes. Without debunking it. I say one time what I guess and that’s it. If anybody can’t or won’t follow, her/his decision. As long as I make profit, my pleasure.

I think it’s only confusing so far because we haven’t fully defined what a trend is - it’ll clear up soon, don’t worry!

If you are still confused, don’t be afraid to ask questions!

About patience.

It is sort of the biggest pieces in everybody’s lesson. If you have no patience, you will lose. Sooner or later. Likely sooner.

So, whoever feels time pressure has to go back right to start (without earning more money) and take a break. :stuck_out_tongue:

Most of the time is spent waiting for something to happen anyway.

But there are other choices than just betting on boring currencies or joining flame wars:

• going to beach
  • eat
  • don’t eat
  • looking at beautiful girls (opposite if the reader is a girl + straight)
  • speaking with beautiful girls (opposite if the reader is a girl + straight)
  • flying around
  • shopping
  • …

Most of the time is spent waiting for something to happen anyway

yes, they sometimes wait and dream that they can debunk a thread easily :stuck_out_tongue:

nice :smiley:

That was my bad, I read your post, then went and made a snack, putzed around on the internet, and then replied to your post. Sometime between reading it and replying to it I probably twisted your words around.

Either way, I’m sure any difficulties will be resolved with the volumes of examples and Tymen’s excellent teaching style.

Hi, Buckscoder

You posted this over on the [B]Bunko[/B] thread:

That’s either a verse from the Bible, or a saying based on a verse from the Bible.

Proverbs 16:18

[B]Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.[/B] (English Standard Version)
[B]
Pride precedes a disaster, and an arrogant attitude precedes a fall.[/B] (God’s Word translation)

Hi Clint,

I replied via mail, because I won’t disturb more here in thread. :slight_smile:

Thank you for being the bigger man in this case and opting to end the babble with jaquille. Sorry to see he couldn’t be the first.

Things may seem difficult right now but don’t fret just yet. Tymen is one of the best when it comes to explaining (I refer to the candlestick method threads) and though things are broken down and seem all over the place right now, I can bet a pretty pip he’ll get it all together concisely.

I look forward to discovering the definition now. I’ve already come to see the differences between my previous conceptions of a trend and what Tymen is suggesting now.

Ur welcome. At least in this thread. Tyman is doing a great job here, what I can see. I guess I know what I am talking about.

Take things step by step. If you’re new you won’t understand everything right away. I’ve been at this over 6 months and still wish I understood things at a deeper level. But going back 6 months, I had trouble deciphering pip values so it’s a good feeling knowing I’m making some progress.

I guess from a math point of view I would define trend as a general monotonic (everywhere increasing or decreasing) behavior in price action within a specified time frame.

Wouldn’t then an inefficient trend, simply be consisting of two trends, in opposite directions?

Yes, as the subtrends diminish, that is get small, there should be a more stringent tolerance, to be able to determine the trending from the noise. If subtrends are like atoms, discrete, then they should there should be a limit to their size. Anything else is subatomic! :slight_smile:

This might be a next generation idea to the theory, but would should also consider trends in relation to their surrounding supports and resistance lines. For example, if price action is smack dab in the middle of a support and resistance, and trending up, this might be an indication of either certainty or uncertainty in the trend continuing. As if gets close to one, more/less certainty.

Just newbie thoughts.

open mind, patience, simplicity. You might be a new trader but you’re spitting out gold nuggets on this forum :eek:

write those concepts on your wall with a jiffy marker if you have to. You just summed up the perfect attitude of a winning trader. Those 3 concepts in unison will create confidence as you continue to trade, just don’t forget them!

I’ve subscribed to this thread and I’m also going to write some things down on my wall with the marker. Actually, it’s not my wall it’s a whiteboard - lol. Anyway, the information shared in here is gold.

Best Regards,
Matt Jones .