The finest in trend trading - DEBUNKED

You’re confused.

Do you know the reason xtraction was banned? It takes 2 people to argue and fight. If one gets banned so should the other. That is why I refuse to be snookered into a fight. I know the decked is stacked. The rules are not applied equally to all. If that were the case, this thread would not exist and there would be at least one less FX-Men Honorary Members posting.

Your first sentence is just confusing, but perhaps that is just because you are intellectually superior to me therefore I will concentrate on the second, which I can understand.

The point you perhaps need to consider is that the “trend” exists in the mind of traders. The important bit being the “s” at the end. If it is /was as you state, then you may have a point, but putting it “my” way (and which we proved in my last post) means the trend becomes more than a concept, and turns into something that actually exists, in a useable form. Time and time again there is a trend that is obviously obvious, and therefore real enough for people to make money from, which they do. And that’s all that matters, isn’t it?

One last post here, and I will leave you to your own devices on this anti topic.

How is the word “trend” by definition less than precise?

That’s the point of it.

It [B]IS[/B] a generalization.

Let’s use your method for instance.

You use two lines. One on a chosen high, one on a chosen low.
You then wait until price crosses in a direction.
Which way? Not an issue. You are looking for a move in price that not only crosses one of those lines, you then want a continued action, OR directional move, OR extended period, OR [B]TREND[/B], in that direction long enough for you to make a profit.

Is it in your head when price crosses?

No.

Was it mythical?

No.

It’s not subjective, it’s a generalized description of a factual occurrence.

Nothing more.

Aloha.

Can provide another example of how a concept can turn into something that actually exists in a useable form? It would be better if it is not a trading example.

Terrifying ingenious!

You know, even you won’t trade without time frames. If you look at it or not doesn’t matter. The time frames are still there. They don’t care about you.

I tell you what: In my business I hire people based on outcome. If anybody is good in coding, he might get hired. If it needs him to read a book or two to get to this point or if he drives with a roller coaster through the company or prays to Buddha to reach his destination, I don’t care.

Should he start preaching and make others confused that his method is the only allowed path, he get fired.

You sound like a 200 years old grandfather with a beard as long as my investment history and as attractive gray as the Jacket of Mr. Achmadinejad or how they call him.

Somebody started yelling, others take trend trading as religion. I can only identify one religious group here and those are who put their knowledge as superior above others and trying to debunk others. At least you only debunk yourself. Don’t know if you recognized this, lately.

I am from Europe and there is a phrase in my native language. I’ll try to translate that: [B]Arrogance comes short before falling down![/B]

Think about it: If people trade with trend and make profit, what problems do you guys have with it? Do you have problems they make more profit not your way or what? People are different and will ever be (hopefully). Every life which exist is precious. Even you, albeit throwing a lot of dogmatism in here. Why don’t you just keep with the good work?

I would prefer price move in the direction that allows me to exit with a profit. It is not necessary to give the movement of price a name or label.

No one has made a claim their knowledge is superior. History is full of theories being debunked. It is not a crime. In fact, millions of dollars are spent in research that is trying to debunk theories. I even think a Nobel Prize or 2 have been award for debunking theories.

No one has said there is only one way to trade, at least not in this thread.

You are making this personal rather than about the topic. Perhaps you have something valuable to say about “trend” but it got lost in the personal stuff. You are welcome to try again.

If I get personal, then in the meaning that I reply to person’s arguing. If you start debunking others behavior as religious, I just point out who it really does. You don’t have to use the word superior to give others the feeling you say it like that.

Well, you asked for it. My personal(!) definition of trend is:

A trend is a price move. I will also once explain why. As somebody pointed out here correctly, trend is not originally an investment case. Trends exist everywhere, if people as group define a new mass move. Exactly this happens in forex as well. If people as mass group can change price, we have a new trend. Period.

That’s easy, huh? Now, if you might like to distract anything with time frames or time in general, look in Tymans thread and read on. He teaches you things about smaller and larger, stronger and weaker trends.

Your feelings belong to you. I have nothing to do with them. Your reaction is your choice and responsibility. Don’t blame others.

A trend is a price move? Is a price move a trend?

Oh, if you hurt somebodies feelings, it is not your issue? If you debunk on Tymans thread, that is his fault? See that’s arrogance. I am very obviously not the only one who feels like this. If you drive the wrong way, don’t you guess it would be better to turn around than to wait the others do?

A trend is a price move? Is a price move a trend?

Did you read that period? Did you read that exclamation mark? I mean, is it really that difficult to understand what I wrote?

To just be nice and answer your questions: No, a trend is not a price move. A trend can be a new fashion. Yes, a price move is a trend. My personal definition, though. If you define an Easter egg a trend, go ahead please. I won’t have an issue with it. Perhaps I would not trade on that. :smiley:

@ jaquille:

Just to clear a bit what I think about feelings. It has to do with responsibility. It is not always the issue of the sender, neither the receiver. This whole communication case is a complex thing. I do also make a lot of mistakes and in the past it was even worse. That’s why I try to point out at start that it is my opinion and my definition and not related to everybody’s definition.

If you write, for instance: “It is not necessary to give the movement of price a name or label.” … that looks like you are acting as god himself. How can you be so arrogant to tell people what they should do? If you would write: “[U]I guess[/U] it is not necessary …” would give the whole meaning a completely different touch and leaves an option to others to do what they like.

It’s all about speech. Plus I agree to Mr. Tang. It has nothing to do that we are friends. We are just on the same page. The whole thing is among semantics. How you call it, trend, pa, Easter egg is subject to your definition. However, a trend in it’s common definition is there in my opinion, if price moves. Simple explanation above.

At least let me guess one thing: If you act among the markets as here, you are already a member or you will become one of the club sooner or later. Not sure on this, though. Just my nose. To be successful in the markets needs a trader with patience, confidence, open mind and only a bit greed or fear. I have to work on myself daily with that. To have a brick mind is the sure path to margin calls, if you ask me.

Man, no one needs to say anything valuable about trends. THEY ARE VALUABLE. Period. Do we need to prove it? NO. You are the one who needs to prove they are not.

I have patiently read all the 27 pages of this thread, and honestly I haven´t found any useful idea. This is my second and last post here. Good luck! :smiley:

The only person who’s feelings you can hurt are your own. Blaming others for your feelings is co-dependent dysfunctional behavior.

Where do you get that I am telling someone what to do? That’s not what I wrote. Saying something is not necessary is not arrogance.

Now you are getting personal again. This is amusing that you call me names but I don’t call you names, yet I am the one being called arrogant.

I do not need to prove anything. I have shown that the premise of this thread, stated in post #1, is true.

I will join right now. :slight_smile:

Good bye Jaquille. Have fun.

I was going to start ignoring you but I guess I don’t have to now.

It is apparent that the tactic of personal attacks are being used with the intention of having the forum admins shut this thread down. The forum admins should issue warnings to those who violate the forum rules.

jaquille, please believe me when i say that i am here to understand you, and not to fight.

i might be the most logical and objective person you will ever meet.

i don’t take sides because i simply do not care. i post here because writing my trading beliefs out helps me solidify them in my mind and makes me a better trader. sometimes i post here because i am bored or lonely, because trading can be boring and lonely.

in fairness i have stated my purpose here for you to judge.

let me remind you that my motivations are based purely in curiosity.

now in fairness, what is your purpose on this forum?

Concepts turning into a useable form i.e. reality? Happens all the time, I believe they are often called inventions - a car springs to mind, if you don’t want a trading example?