The Forex Store

The shooter is back.
Leaving his trail of opinion.

The exceptions of Mr. xtraction’s FOREX Store have [B]never[/B] been discussed here for the reasons stated in [B]post #97[/B].

You have to read [B][U]very carefully[/U][/B] Mr. xtraction’s post’s over in the Technical Templates Continued thread in order to get behind the whole picture of his FOREX Store.

Nev, if you want to get personal again with me you are getting nowhere. Your opinions are of no concern to me because you are not trading this strat and you are just running around here to rubbish Mr. xtraction and myself again.

[B][I]It is up to the mods and the admin of this forum to put a stop to this.[/I][/B]

Hey used:

I put “nev” and “little john” on my ignore list. That way you have no idea what they said and it doesn’t matter anyway. d.

Thank you for that, dobro. I have just done that.

And you are right about that it doesn’t matter. All what matters is that Mr. xtraction’s FOREX Store strat produces positive P/L on a cosistent bases. And it does that for me.

You just trade the “damned thing” because there is nothing to discuss about. :smiley:

EURUSD
Buyers are exuberant.

AUDUSD
Buyers have not decided. yet.

GBDUSD
Are buyers going to be exuberant??

Is it OK to download and use the xtraction indicators and templates?

GBPUSD
Buyers have decided not to buy.

EURUSD
Buyers are very exuberant. They really like the price offered.

Hi Used,

Do you trade mondays? If so do you use last weeks open as the trigger?

Do you trade short at all?

Cheers

Yes, I do trade Mondays.
As per Mr. xtraction’s suggestion in the Advanced Template Continued thread.

Do you trade short at all?

As per Mr. xtraction’s suggestion in this thread.
There are exceptions but we leave them out for now.

USDCHF
Buyers are not interested at all. Price is marked down.

[B]Dobro[/B], I changed 5-period ATR to 6-period ATR. I get a more accurate reading of the range the pairs have covered during the week now.

Dobro, I changed 5-period ATR to 6-period ATR. I get a more accurate reading of the range the pairs have covered during the week now.

Good suggestion, I’ll give it a whirl. Thanks, d.

That’s the hole point of a forum no?

The exceptions of Mr. xtraction’s FOREX Store have [B]never[/B] been discussed here for the reasons stated in [B]post #97[/B].

You have to read [B][U]very carefully[/U][/B] Mr. xtraction’s post’s over in the Technical Templates Continued thread in order to get behind the whole picture of his FOREX Store.

His method as presented aimed to trade with the dominant flows, and almost exclusively long at that. Hence going short to be an ‘exception’.

Nev, if you want to get personal again with me you are getting nowhere.

Used if I were, you just helped me get miles further than intended and unwittingly at that. I’d be smiling right down at you having gotten an over defensive-reaction even when you were trying to ignore me. But quite frankly, I don’t. There are better routes to get personal than posting about (rather than directly) at someone who’s got your username on ignore.

Your opinions are of no concern to me because you are not trading this strat and you are just running around here to rubbish Mr. xtraction and myself again.

[B][I]It is up to the mods and the admin of this forum to put a stop to this.[/I][/B]

And your opinions of my opinions are of no concern to me. Given that you were supposedly ignoring my posts a long time ago kind of gives that one away, no need to mention the obvious to reassert yourself (which you’re quite good at/prone to doing). If xtraction was feeling I was out to ‘rubbish’ him he would have said just that. If anything from what he’s posted himself he welcomed discussion/debate on said method.

The only person who instigated anything personal was you in the first place - but bottom line is I’ve got no interest in sending the thread any further off course other than what I’ve posted. The posts were directed at the system itself and presentation of it, the last one at the dismissive tone in several of your posts and that’s that.

On a lighter note it’s good to see that you’re keeping the strategy alive in this thread, keep it up

G’day,

Is your use of the ATR based on the daily?

I understand this is a way of ordering the pairs in terms of how far they range and hence tradability. The more pips they move the more tradeable they are.

Do you also use the ATR to keep out of trades? eg if a pair has moved 80% of its ATR already in a given day then it is less likely to continue much further. Stack the odds in your favour type thing?

cheers

Speaking for myself I only use the ATR for potential TPs & SLs and never for a potential trade setup. Hope that helps, d.

Is it OK to use the xtraction indicators and templates? I don’t see anyone else using them? Is there something wrong with them? Are we allowed to use them?

Yes. and on the 4h with a 2-period setting.
Two 4h candles give me a print for previous Asia/Europe/NewYork session activity of the pairs.

I understand this is a way of ordering the pairs in terms of how far they range and hence tradability. The more pips they move the more tradeable they are.

Yes, that is one way of looking at ATR prints of the pairs.

Implementation of trade & risk management structure is my primary use of ATR prints.

Do you also use the ATR to keep out of trades? eg if a pair has moved 80% of its ATR already in a given day then it is less likely to continue much further. Stack the odds in your favour type thing?

ATR prints allow me to calculate key price areas of a pair to manage my position sizing depending on my trade & risk management structure I am using.

EURJPY
Two opportunities presented itself during Asian session, today.
The pair crossed the weekly open from above, twice.

GBPJPY
Priced crossed the weekly open from below. It was not a good opportunity to trade though.

That’s right. And when you look at GBPJPY’s price level you know why.

On the contrary EURJPY.
The first opportunity during Asia this morning clocked 31 pips in 1.5 minutes because of EURJPY’s price level.
The second opportunity has clocked +70 pips to this minute.

No one forces you to trade every Weekly Open cross.

The work for the Weekly Open set up has to go into [U]your trade management & risk management structure you are intending using[/U]. [B]That is were the focus needs to be[/B]. AD prints are another tool besides ATR prints to help you doing it.

I see what you mean by price level. Much better opportunities with the EURJPY as you pointed out.

:slight_smile:

If you look at it EURJPY presented three opportunities during Asian session.

But as I said before you don’t need to trade every Weekly Open cross. Your trade management structure you are intending using would determine what opportunities you trade.

UBBSH, if you look at AUDUSD and EURJPY. Very much the same opportunities to trade.

But if you look at daily AD prints of the two pairs it tells a different story.

As a result the EURJPY baby is clocking pips much faster and the milage is better even it has to circumvent key levels of price like round numbers.

That is what you very much like to see. Fast pips clocking with loads of milage. What’s the use of having risk exposure for longer than the absolut minimum?

Mr. Used, I downloaded Mr. Xtraction’s indicators and templates. Does this look good to you.