The Forex Store

Ah yes, I forgot about that - now, what about the print in the upper lefthand corner? Thanks, d.

No buyers in sight.

I don’t know, sorry :frowning:

Shoppers didn’t like the price of USDCAD, today. The price got marked down once again.

I have a buy stop @1.0197 for the $/Swiss; plenty of room for it to go either way but D. open is above the W. so I’m long. d.

edit: 20:04 U.S./CST - up 25 pips & have SL @ BE+7 and hoping for more.

A small break through the weekly open. Will be on lookout for next test.

I tried to edit a 2nd time but for some reason it didn’t take. My TP @1.0240 was hit last night for +42 pips. I would have move the TP 5-10 pips but got distracted. I’m very happy with +42. Good trading all, d.

Well done, dobro. :slight_smile:
You caught 46% of that Swissy move.

I am getting the impression that you have put serious thought into your Trade & Risk Management Structure.

Moving SL into profit zone as quickly as possible depending on circumstances permit is a good way to minimize risk. After that take what the market gives you because the risk of your position is eliminated.
Distractions can be a pain for your P/L, aren’t they?

As I mentioned before, dobro. You will go far in trading. :slight_smile:

“Distractions can be a pain for your P/L, aren’t they?”

Yes, and 90% of the time my distractions are self inflicted. I just have to pay attention more and thanks for the support - I think this strategy and thread have turned my margin account in the right, profitable, direction. I still fool around (a distraction) with short TFs but just in demo as I’ve never had a short term profitable strategy build the game margin acct. Have a good weekend all and good trading, d.

It is a invidual learning process for each trader. Distractions get eliminated through experiece and learning to pay attention to each pip when you are engaged in the markets.

thanks for the support -

No problem.

You might like to think about how to flip ATR prints on it’s head. They are useful for TP, too.

Also, those lines on the left in the template are very helpful for TP as well. I wouldn’t make them disappear.

I think this strategy and thread have turned my margin account in the right, [B][U]profitable[/U][/B], direction.

:slight_smile:

Weekly open cross trade on usdchf was a winner. :smiley:

Third time was a charm for the weekly open cross trade on audusd.

Mr. Used I have to give you thanks for talking about the H4 candles. You mentioned 2 H4 make up each session to make it easier to see what the buyers are doing. It was easy to see what the buyers were doing during London session - they were not buying.

Hello together. I am new at this forum. This thread got my interest, as I deal with shares and some commodities since a couple of years. It’s the same philosophy: Buy cheap, sell expensive. So far so good. Everybuddy looks at cheap prices to buy.

But I am also a coder. I coded a small EA, just to see, what the deal is to take the weekly open as signal and then buy on Tue to Friday if the price is below the weekly open. So, the EA takes the weekly open and if open of the day is below, it places a buystop order just at the weekly open price. To just check out, if that signal is better than any other signal, the order has a s/l and t/p symmetric below and above. To make a long story short: No gain, no loss. Over time it just trades straight. Some losses, some profits.

My conclusion is: There are some brilliant concepts in here, but the weekly open is just like any other fixed time and price. So, if anybody makes gain with this strategy, it is because of the mm rules or whatever, but not of the signal and the crossing alone. And it makes sense at least to me. If the weekly open would be a special signal, we all would be billionaires right? Or can anybody explain, why exactly the weekly open and thereafter crossing from below to above on Tue to Friday makes the difference? Thanks in advance!

The buyers decided to buy enough usdcad to push it to the weekly open.

The weekly chart shows the open cross trade to yield 50 pips or better, more times than not. Make your TP larger than your SL and let us see your EA results. I would start with 1.25 to 1.00 and keep increasing by increments of .25 until it peaks and falls off.

Can you do a TP = 50 and SL = 20 for the fun of it?

Ha ha, funny questions today. :wink: I am a coder. I can do whatever I want. :stuck_out_tongue: Well, thanks for your fast reply! I will change that and some other stuff, as I changed the EA to do it with the daily open and hourly crossing, just to see how that would work or not. I will change that back to weekly open and tue-fri crossing and then your suggested t/p and s/l values. Thanks for that, too! No problem. The backtest will show then how that works out.

Anyways, for the signal stress test a symmetric t/p s/l is mandatory, as an asymmetric t/p and s/l falsifies the signal outcome.

To be more precise, if I am allowed to ask, which weekly chart and what means “more” and “better” in this context? I mean, where did you get that info from? Backtesting? Manual trading journal on live or demo account or what else? :slight_smile:

I can’t tell from you post exactly how you are trading/coding this but later alterations isn’t just a cross of the Weekly, it is a cross of the Weekly TOWARDS the Daily. A cross of the W. away from the D. is not valid. You are right in the sense that price crossing any line is not a useful entry; the cross must have a definition, ie strategy.

An EA such as I described and with the overall trend would warrant a TP of the 6 period ATR and a 25 or 50% SL of the same, my personal opinion of course. And I would be willing to test such an EA going forward if available. Against the trend-? My initial testing would be 50% ATR TP and 15-20% SL.

Maybe I’ve misinterpreted your post, if so, my apologies. I only trade as I interpret the lastest additions with the exception that I use a 15 or 20 pip SL unlike Mr. Xtraction who uses 10. I will agree that if a trade goes the other way immediately after entering then something is wrong, get out and wait a bit. d.

The concepts in here are simple.

So, if anybody makes gain with this strategy, [U][B]it is because of the mm rules or whatever[/B][/U], but not of the signal and the crossing alone.

You hit the nail on it’s head.

P/L depends entirely on individual trader skill and his/her Trade Management & Risk Management Structure applied to each trade taken.

And it makes sense at least to me. [B]If the weekly open would be a special signal[/B], we all would be billionaires right?

There is nothing special about it. Just a technical marker like any other.
Or is it?

jaquille slow down your posting , you posted the wrong picture in your first today.:smiley: (usd/cad) shows a chf chart