The Galaxy Trades System - Simple & Effective

Hi everyone, a lot of people had asked me previously on what trading strategy I combined with the Galaxy Trades Forex Army System to get some pretty good and consistent profits, I figured I’ll share here on a simple strategy I use. It is meant to be VERY SIMPLE and VERY EFFECTIVE. Let’s not overcomplicate it. (:

It has a :
[ul]
[li]Risk to reward ratio : 1 to 1
[/li][li]Average holding time for trades : ranges from 1 to 8 hours
[/li][li]Average winning trade : 12 pips per trade
[/li][li]Average losing trade : 8.9 pips per trade
[/li][li]Winning percentage : 81.25%
[/li][li]Average monthly returns : Can range from 30% to 90% per month depending on your risk management
[/li][/ul]

I strictly stick to 3 indicators :
[ol]
[li]Dynamic Fibonacci Retracements
[/li][li]Bollinger Bands
[/li][li]Simple Moving Average (once in awhile)
[/li][/ol]

Very important rules :
[ol]
[li]I personally use a low leverage (1:50), as much as possible, I recommend others to use the same
[/li][li]Keep track of your trades, I have an excel journal which monitors the currency pairs I trade, the strategies I use and at which time I trade, from there, I constantly optimize my trading strategy (I have a version I created which I’ll upload here soon)
[/li][li]If you haven’t read up on basic trading psychology, I recommend you do as if you can’t master your emotions, having the best strategy in the world won’t get you profitable. I personally recommend Mindful Trading by Rande. I’ve read it and it’s really good.
[/li][li]Only risk 1% per trade. What does this mean? It means if you have a $5,000 account, 1% is $50. If your stop loss is hit, you should only lose $50 MAX.
[/li][/ol]

Platform I use :
[ul]
[li]I use the FxPM platform, I recommend others to try to find a dynamic fibonacci indicator for MT4 and as much as possible, not to use this platform unless you’re willing to spare USD$100+/month on it.
[/li][li]As a final confirmation step, I do combine it with the Galaxy Trades Forex Army system that forecasts trends and only when the 1-hour or 4-hour time frame shows a 75% bullish (if I’m going long) or 75% bearish (if I’m going short) forecast, do I enter the trade. I’m not here to promote the system so you can do some google searches to find it if necessary.
[/li][/ul]

Some good trades:
Well, FXDD has a nonsensical way of monitoring trades since I use their currenex platform and viking platforms to trade with FxPM (don’t worry! you can achieve the exact same thing with MT4), so here’s some proof of the trades from their trade journal, all of this is unaltered and taken straight from their platform, I only added in the +/- pips by the side for easier understanding :

Total +ve pips : 321
Total no. of winning trades : 26
Average winning trade : 12 pips / trade

Total -ve pips : 59
Total no. of losing trades : 6
Average losing trade : 9.8 pips / trade

Winning percentage : 26/32 = 81.25%

— So now let’s get down to business on how I use this strategy —

Step 1 :
Load a dynamic fibonacci indicator on your platform (A dynamic fibonacci indicator auto traces different retracement levels for you. There are a few out there which you can get your hands on, if not, you can always draw them yourself). Time frames to focus on : 1H, 4H. Use candlesticks.

Step 2 :
Load the standard bollinger bands into your chart, the parameters is (14, 2)

Step 3 :
Add a Simple Moving Average indicator (200) based on currency LOW, this is an optional measure but when our analysis is around this level, the success rate is almost 100%.

Step 4 :
Follow the steps below in the pictures, this is an example of a “short” trade.

Step 5 :
I personally strongly recommend to confirm the trade with the Galaxy Trades Forex Army as you’ll be able to see what hundreds of other traders are predicting at that exact moment on how bullish/bearish the trade is. If sentiment is 50/50, I would risk half of my initial amount (so if I was going to risk 1%, I would reduce to 0.5%), if sentiment is above 75% bullish (for long trades) or 75% bearish (for short trades) I would trade 1.5x my trade (so if I was going to risk 1%, I would increase to 1.5%).

Step 6 :
I would usually look at 4H chart to set TP level at next fibonacci retracement level and SL level at next fibonacci retracement level too. So in this short trade example, I would set SL at 1.3752 and TP and 1.3637. Usually the Galaxy Trades site would have some sort of average TP and SL level to be recommended, you can use that to confirm your TP/SL level too.

I will try to add in more examples over time (: For now, this is the strategy I use to bag mad pips every day. It can be traded on any currency pair at any time of the day. I hope this helps fellow traders get a lot more profitable like I have!

I’ll be glad to answer any questions, suggestions and criticisms of this system as I believe this is not necessary the best trading strategy out there. It is good, but it can be a lot better if everyone puts their minds together and work together to achieve this.

Cheers,
Desmond
Commander of the Galaxy Trades Forex Army

Desmond you need to hit up the US so we can meet up bro!

Also where should I look for a dynamic fib? Is it considered a fib channel?

Haha I might be going to the US this year end! We should definitely meet up buddy! :wink:

Hmm, a dynamic fibonacci is not a fib channel. It’s an indicator that auto-plots the fibonacci levels continuously after every candle. I could try to look for a dynamic fibonacci indicator for MT4, although it might be quite tough to come across haha. Which platform do you use?

looks nice do you use candelstick patterns?

Hi troparzum, yeah I use candlesticks. The chart layout is in candlesticks and it would help if you have an understanding of basic candlestick formations. So usually when there’s a long “wick”, it could mean it’s a Doji, a hammer/reverse hammer or a hanging man. So those situations would give us more confidence in our trade :slight_smile:

thanks for answer :wink:

another question how is your exit?

My pleasure :slight_smile: My exit is based on the next closest fibonacci retracement level. So in the above example, my TP is one fibonacci level down and my SL is one fibonacci level up. You can have the option to close half your position when it retraces to the next bollinger band level too for money management purposes :slight_smile:

thanks i will try;)

my fibo indi looks much different

Chart GBPCHF, H4, 2014.05.16 12:05 UTC, Alpari (UK) Ltd., MetaTrader 5, Demo - MetaTrader Trading Platform Screenshots

what are ure settings?

my is mt5

want to see entrys from you^^

Alright! Thanks for testing out the system, means a lot to me :slight_smile: If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask me yeah, and I’ll do my best to provide an answer as soon as possible :slight_smile:

Good thread. IMO you can drastically improve your returns and accuracy by …
1-trading EURJPY for its stronger and more efficient pip/time movement
2-avoid the pitfalls of H4 chart by using a very good wave indicator
3-find a very clear way to determine where should you have your fib levels setup; the main problem for many traders is that they don’t know where they should be laying it to anticipate the 50% bounce.
4-pull in the power of MTF via the D1 chart
5-ride on additional power of news driven price that is also fibonacci retracements driven
6-avoid getting stopped out by knowing exactly when to apply this strategy; it is best for a trend driven day lasting 16 to 48 hours.

Then you will find that…
1-you won’t need other ppl to confirm / share signals
2-you would be throwing away the bands and MA indicators
3-then you would be learning how to be way more accurate when you look at masterforex-v’s work on fibs, to the point you are not just trading the retracements, but extensions as well, tracking and calculating every move of the market.
4-different market states demand different active fib levels to be in action

Again, Good thread. Keep going.

Ah that’s a pretty good setup, perhaps we could compare the dynamic fibonacci retracement levels with each other. Your current setup looks good, however it is lacking some fib levels above the price, there are enough fib levels below the price but we need some above the price too haha. Is there an option that you can include that in?

My platform is not mt4 or mt5, it is a paid platform I use. If there is an option to switch to a free platform, i would GLADLY do so as it would save me $100+ every month from using the current platform I’m on, haha!

Looking awesome bro

Good on you Desmond! Keep it up!

Thanks Aaron! Ah praises from the master himself! :slight_smile: The system can still be further improved I believe, Relativity gave me some really good advice yesterday on how to improve the system and I;ll be trying out additional ways to do so :stuck_out_tongue: Hope you’ve been doing awesome buddy!

Hey Kasravi, thanks! I’ll try to further improve the system and include more explanations too, especially on the art of dynamic fibonacci extensions and how to best use it/optimize it for everyone here :slight_smile: Thanks for your support :smiley:

i have a new indikator with more lines but its to much?

works the dynamic fibo indi like fibo pivots?

Haha wow this one has too many lines :stuck_out_tongue: try searching for something along the lines of fibonacci extensions? I will help you search when I return home today too and we can try to find a good indicator together :slight_smile:

Thanks Hayden! I’ll do my best to make it more detailed than it currently is so everyone can understand and know how to use the system easily :slight_smile: if you have any suggestions do feel free to tell me yeah!