The IcYcLoUd TrAdInG SySteM

In my previous post I am testing that vs. BB filter.
BB filter seems to increase your win / loss score significantly (so far for this month).

Anybody trade the daily with this method?

Not me. I use H4.
BTW, CHF short seems to be one of the most potentially profitable trades for this month. My position is still open. I missed the JPY short but never did chase the price.

Usually usd/chf pair works the least of the majors. But i noticed it worked out really nice this time.

closed my position yesterday.

Anyone else going for the usdjpy retracement? It looks like icycloud is showing a good setup for about 100 pips. I just started tracking this forum and would like to thank Icycloud and the others for some profitable trades.

long aud/usd today

I have been using this system with the “adx” mentioned earlier in the thread and only taking signals in the direction of the longer trend. I don’t get a lot of signals this way but the ones i do get have all been winners so far.

Thanks , guess i just got lucky on this one.:wink:

I’m in the same position as well using ADX filter. 70% success rate for the month in my books.

Long JPY would have been a juicy trade but it does not agree with ADX (general downtrend).

What do you all think about trading other pairs with this system as long as the daily chart is following the same trend as 4 hr chart?

:slight_smile: HI IcyCloud .thank you for your system it looke like the best for me
Im test it I well be back

how sucessful are you guys with this trading system?

I’m not saying this is a bad system or anything but a couple of my trading friends automated this system and ran it on 8 pairs over the past 6 years of historical data… Results weren’t that great. More than half of the pairs lost money and they lost more than the winning pairs.

BUT. That being said, I think there is some good logic behind this system. You’re essentially finding areas of consolidation and trying to get in on the breakout of it. I think with some additional parameters to help gauge the trend, etc… there might be something here.

Keep up the good work guys. If you have ideas on additional filters, etc, let me know and I’ll have them added to the system and relay the results.

For those of you who are using this system, do you wait until the end of a four hour bar before acting on the signal?

I have been using Limit type orders where I place an entry anywhere between 3 - 10 pips from the current $. Depends on the pr and how I feel it is moving. My thinking (and probably wrong) is that I want the pr to move in my direction decisively before the trigger gets pulled. d

Pipdaddy,
I’m entering usually on a 15m chart. Looking for a dip and/or fib retracement to a 61.8 level. This system needs a little more monitoring than was icycloud initially configured. He says that you don’t need to spend too much time with it but I figure it needs a bit more babysitting. That being said, it’s a good system for those who have day jobs and can’t sit in front of the puter all day. Good luck with it!
S.

I think yes you must wait untell it close ? that what im doing .

untell we get answer from icycloud

I don’t wait. And sometimes i’m late. You can also be late a bit and even get in at better price. Timing is not that Critical in this system.

That’s why I use my ADX DMI filter on the daily chart. But I miss a lot of moves (especially the turning point) but i’m not bothered. As it increases the odds and the return vs. risk. You can opt to use other trend filters. I just prefer ADX DMI but it’s not necessarily the best because it’s not extensitvely backtested with the system and benchmarked against alternatives.

suffered 5 consetives losses in my system with almost 600 pips. A bad week for this system…

Best Reg
Chin Liang