The IcYcLoUd TrAdInG SySteM

Hi Guys,

what a very simple system! :slight_smile: I must say I am impressed by the simplicity of
Icy’s system.

Though just a few quick questions. how do you guys monitor your charts?
Do you check every four hours? or you have figured out a way wherein your chart rings an alarm or alert to inform you that icy’s system rules has been met?
I currently have a demo account in meta trader… is it possible to that with meta trader? (the alarm thing when conditions are met)

Thanks guys appreciate your help.

Raffy.

I just check it every four hours and let it do its thing. I trade better that way.

Thanks Hoss, appreciate you sharing your thoughts and helping. :slight_smile:

No problem. I actually don’t even check the 4 am EST chart. I just set the stop losses before I go to bed. Even if I miss a trade entry at 4 I am not usually out of the game when I wake up. I just set it at that time if I need to. Usually I get a better price anyway. The key is for it not to run your life.

…even though a counter (daily) trend move, 40% more pips were available on this trade than i took.

Several pairs signalling now on a 3hr Oanda chart setup: UJ, GU, EU and U/CAD.

I’ve decided to use a 200EMA on the 3hr to indicate whether a signal is in line with the prevailing trend or counter trend - the counter trend signals are still useful to trade (IMHO) with the 200EMA sometimes being a useful line in the sand for profit taking.

Hi Cowaboi
I take it that the 200ema is a quick eyeball referance to
price action being above/below ema for trend.

Have you or for that matter anybody tested this system on the
Daily charts.
Thanks

Hi Blackdog

Yes, if there’s an icy signal short for instance, but price is 100+ pips above the 200ema, i will take the counter trend trade with reduced size and keep a close watch should price near the 200ema, for a reversal back into the prevailing trend; the majority of profit to be locked in at that level.

I haven’t tested the daily.

What do you all think about going long EUR/USD? The psar started outside the BB. Can it go to 1.53 or has it gone too high already?

I took it long yesterday. Can it go higher? Yes.

USD/JPY short. 2nd psar just started outside BB at 2pm est. It has made almost 50 pips.

Hi ozy007
E/U if you look on the daily you could have got in around the 22/2
@ 1.4831 and then in again on the 4h chart @ 1.5268

Also the U/J Daily then 4h

My IcyCloud Trades.
Long GBP/USD since 5th March
Short USD/JPY since 6th March

Will you be using Icy’s original exit rules and exit on an opposite PSAR dot, or do you try and limit the ‘give back’ with a trendline break or similar?

Sad to say, I wait for reversal dot for the following reasons.

1. I don’t watch the market the whole time so adjusting my stop every 4 hours is ideal. I can actually sleep on my positions comfortably.
  2. I want it to be as mechanical as possible with no judgment involved (except for entry I guess).

I’m not after spectacular gains. I guess that’s part of my personality. Anyway, all my positions are now 100% winning because the PSAR is already past the entry point. Some traders will feel bad because it has retraced significantly from the highs (and lows) already. But I’m still in.

In on the EU, AU and UJ short right now. Did not get in on the CAD long as the stop seemed to be too big on a large up candle. I tend to stay away from entries where there are long candles. They seem to be prone to whipsaws.

gbp/usd long

short usd/chf

I have similar positions and I am long AUD/USD since 11th March.

I am currently doing some tests this month: IcyCloud vs. Plain PSAR

So far IcyCloud has better batting average than standard PSAR.
Although basic PSAR has potential for more gains, the whipsaws are eating up profits most of the time. This gives me more confidence on IcyCloud’s BB filter… (consistent gains at acceptable risk-reward ratio).

Hi bflag, if ya notice, USD/CHF is the least effective pair for this system… post it up on the 1st page of forums. :wink:

great day

Best Reg
Chin Liang

So the 4 best to use it on are eur/usd, usd/jpy, gbp/usd, aud/usd and usd/cad right? Is anybody getting into trades if psar is inside BB?