The IcYcLoUd TrAdInG SySteM

Soul,

Do you use the BB, or do you just wait for a psar dot and then wait for the candle to break the Gann hilo?

congrats on ur “promotion”!!!

by the way, are you able to incorporate Gann Hilo as it is one of the main indicator… so the 3 indicators we need are - Gann Hilo, PSAR and BB.

For my case, i am taking the M15 TF, if the PSAR dot is outside the BB, is either buy or sell and Gann Hilo is up or down the candle, is either buy or sell. To confirm then see M30 TF, based on the Gann Hilo.

Hi Soul, please comment on the above… thanks

Thanks a lot in advance…

That is correct. I still take a glance at the stochs for additional confirmation. If the stochs are completely against what I’d be trading I’m a little cautious on taking the trade and wait for a candle close rather than just a cross.

The bollinger bands are also a visual confirmation. For example we know that the natural tendency within the bollinger bands are that price will fluctuate between the top and bottom BBs. If PA was at the bottom BB, I would probably not be entering a short position, rather looking for a long entry.

Yep only the 30M timeframe and the volumes are going to be taken off my charts :stuck_out_tongue: haven’t used them.

As I mentioned just above, BB’s give me the general direction. Look for a short near the top, long near the bottom BBs.

And yes; I’ll wait for the PSAR dot to show on the chart, then confirm whether the candle has crossed with the GannHiLo (just an overlap). If this occurs I have a valid entry, if not I wait to see whether this happens in the next candle. As soon as price crosses the GHL, I enter.

I used to try this when I first started just watching when I ‘would’ have made the trade. I had multiple occasions where the dot would switch sides mid candle indicating the trend would be continuing rather than reversing. Thus I was in a losing trade and was more likely to be stopped out in a candle or two.

The method I’m using just helps to confirm the actual trend change. I do enter a bit later in the move because of this, but since the targets are relatively low at 10pips at the moment, I haven’t had an issue hitting the TPs

i took two trades based on ur theory and was taken aback with losses… See attached. But mine is on a 15M time frame…

I haven’t tested the 15M TF with the way I’m testing this system, but I have noticed that things are a little more volatile on the 15. That’s why I went up to the 30.

Are you trading these without SL’s? How much of a retracement against your trade do they sit at? I currently use a SL of 20pips and let it run. I have noticed some trades linget in the -10 or -12pip range for a bit before going back to the trade’s positive direction.

i see i seee… so maybe i should switch to TF 30MIN and test it out… btw, how many trades u make per day?

the stochastic u used is using simple or exponetial? so when is going down is down trend and going up is uptrend?

Haven’t been watching charts today as a midterm exam is this evening, however yesterday I placed 4 winners and a loss between 8:00EST and 12:00EST, with a missed winner at night around 9:00EST.

Don’t know about other day’s yet as I haven’t had enough time to focus on the charts. Much going on with school.

As for the stochs, I use it mainly just as an indication of when the market is overbought or oversold. When overbought, it’s more confirmation that the buyers are exhausted (not many left) and sellers could be taking over. I tend not to look at it as a trend but rather like this.

based on the theory, i enter short for USDCAD @ 1.0515 and long for EURUSD @ 1.4956… what u think?

i think i know what u mean… both trades close with 10 pips TP…

Markoc, please refer to Soul entry signal…

Exactly. For anyone else following the thread I posted those two trades in my attachments for visual reference.

but once we hit the TP… we have to wait for a while in order to see whether is there any opportunity a not… cos is a 30MIN TF… so in any case, when we login, we may have miss some of the trades… so what u think?

btw, what u think of EURCHF short @ 1.5099

I personally would avoid this trade. Notice the stochastics at the bottom are near the oversold area meaning the sellers are getting tired, not so many around. This may indicate a reversal to the long side.

Also, after seeing our current candle in a long move also, I would feel cautious entering and probably wouldn’t.

We’ll watch this one in hindsight without taking it and see what happens. I could be wrong in not taking the trade but there are indicators showing it may be safe to wait for another signal.

i think u r right… but since is a demo account i just let it run and hope it take profit.

By the way, now no more signal so we have to wait for a few hours to check it out? but what i fear is that we may miss a trade or two… what ur comments?

We may miss some. Unfortunately we can’t get them all haha. If the code is written for the signal then we maybe able to get email alerts up and running.

Currently haven’t placed a trade because I missed the signal but take a look at my chart of the GBPCHF chart. Valid entry but hasn’t hit that TP from where I would have entered because of the spread. This one will be interesting to see if the method worked. See attached chart.

but the PSAR dot is not outside the BB, so do you consider that as a short signal?

Ah one thing I have forgotten to mention. I may have overlooked it when I started watching this system but I haven’t based entries on whether the PSAR dot is inside or outside the BBands. I haven’t had an issue with it yet.

Soul 786
THANKS for the Gann Hilo Indicator for MT4. I am more familiar with the MT4 plateform than the VT Trader in which I just opened a demo account for to follow this thread. As the newbie, I appreciate you and MasterIllegal’s experienced input. I find that following just the BB and PSAR is a bit more risky within the 1st psar dot outside the BB. I believe that the Gann Hilo is a great step to either replace the BB or as a third indicator to confirm trades. If I stumble on any information that could assist in making this thread more stronger I will post asap. Looking forward to see MarkOC’s ea!

guys, maybe i’ve missed it before, but can i get a bit more explanation on how GannHiLo works. when do we have entry and exit points…

thanks